test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Come join STO's First and Finest fleet!

nabreekinabreeki Member Posts: 2,657 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Earth Spacedock
STARFLEET DENTAL

UPDATE: New recruits to Starfleet Dental now receive a weekly stipend of 5 million ec, 4 Fleet Ship Modules, and A FREE SHIP to start!

Webster's Dictionary defines dentistry as:
The profession or science dealing with the prevention and treatment of diseases and malformations of the teeth, gums, and oral cavity
But with all respect to Websters, there's dentistry, and then there's Starfleet Dentistry.

Introduction
First coming to fame on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Starfleet Dental is a force like no other, dedicated to the preservation of Oral Hygiene in the Federation and beyond, fostering discussion on dental issues, and making dental care easier, and more effective than ever.

Dentaleers are made, not born, and the proud members of Starfleet Dental know their training is superior, their organization more efficient, and their resolve greater than anything else in the galaxy. More importantly, they know they are a part of the Federation's most noble brotherhood.

Starfleet Dental Officers are trained for excellence in all things, the trials of the mind and body never stop, and the Dentaleers must constantly push themselves to the edge of their abilities and beyond.

Not everyone is cut out to be an officer in Starfleet Dental, but if you embody courage, resolve, and honor, then read on, brave stranger, read on.

Organization
In order to be deployed effectively across the Alpha and Beta Quadrant, Starfleet Dental relies on its strict organization, and command structure. Official fleet protocols are followed at all times, whether including a respectful *salute* whenever posting on our forums directly after an officer has, or calling your superior officers "sir" both on Steam and Mumble.

Starfleet Dental High Command
Diplomatic Advisor: Emergency Entertainment Hologram
Chief Pubbie Relations Officer: Ipkris
Spirtual Advisor: Nbreeki
Starfleet Dental Academy Liaison: Buschmaki
Midget Equality Minister: Tufty Whybrow
Secretary of the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection: Inaji

Ingenuity and Resourcefulness
Starfleet Dental has always been at the forefront of research and development.

When the Borg were at the gates of Earth itself, a last ditch defense lead by Starfleet Dental created an impenetrable wall of exploding warp cores, sacrificing thousands of crewmen for the defense of Earth.

When the war against the Klingons became a standstill, Starfleet Dental pioneered a dramatic and effective new method of disabling the Klingon War Machine, by transporting its captains directly to a bridge of a Federation starship where they could be neutralized by a specialized team of Dentaleers.

More recently, when a changeling invasion of DS9 threw the Alpha Quadrant into disarray and chaos, corrupting the ranks of Starfleet on board, Starfleet Dental launched a heroic and controversial rescue operation, effectively removing the changeling threat from both station and sector. Celebrations on Bajor lasted no less than three days following the successful re-capture of DS9.

And finally, when our enemies were amongst those we trusted, Starfleet Dental had the courage to stand up and challenge authority, exposing the horrible crimes of fellow Starfleet Officers.

Truly, Starfleet Dental is on the cutting edge of the sword of freedom.

Our Recruitment Video

Please note there is a mandatory nonrefundable 1 million EC application fee.
Additional fees may be required to join Starfleet Dental
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    Live long and Prosper
    edited June 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    Live long and Prosper
  • lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
    edited June 2013
    edited June 2013
    edited June 2013
    Hmm having reviewed the Victorian meaning of the word FINE
    ROFL

" A grade used in Tanning"
    Live long and Prosper
  • poeddudepoeddude Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited June 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thetarqthetarq Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just wanted to chime in and say that I came back from a 3 year hiatus and was welcomed into SFD with open arms. They have made this game enjoyable for me and others like me.

I just wanted to point out that the claims and membership bonuses are true; I've received a free Galor, JHAS, JHEC, and JHDN from the generous goons, just for being a team player. Participation is heavily rewarded.

Under the watchful eye of Wesley, I've gone from being a terrible pubbie to space rich 1%er.

Outside of these forums, I've never run into anyone treating me poorly due to my fleet tag. It is amazing all the hate directed at a fleet that likes to have fun. I'm guessing it is because of our value system.

You see, most fleets have very low standards. In SFD you are expected to follow a code of ethics. I will share a few of those with you now:
    • Members must be of legal voting age
    • SFD does not allow discriminatory, racial, or homophobic comments to be made in our chat channels. As a result, we have several comfortably out people, members from all over the world, and members of many different ethnic groups co-existing in harmony.
    • Members are not allowed to use language that violates the TOS in any internal or public channels.
    • Members are encouraged to report TOS violations
    • The fleet does not condone the use of exploits

If this sounds like the kind of fleet you are interesting in joining, sign up today!
    -= ROM PAUL =-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've also heard bad things of Dental Fleet. Spoke to one of its members today and he seemed very polite. I understand and respect their values and their belief that eRP should not be done in public areas of the game. Heard they are accused of "trolling" people that stand still in Drozana lol, if you wanted to RP whatever it is you want to RP I guess they can do it in their bridges.

Anyway, Liberty Task Force has had no bad experience with Dental and we hope it remains as such. On that note Liberty Task Force also values all players and we say to each their own so long as it doesn't interfere with other players playing the game.

We just want to get along with all fleets, so if you see us around don't be strangers and say hi :D

-Grayfox
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
    edited June 2013
    During these special events we feel even more generous. Now is a great time to apply to join our ranks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not here to apply or anything but I just wanted to drop in and offer a tip of the cap to you all.

You guys are corporately a class act. You treat the game like its a game, treat creeps like creeps, and treat your members and friends with class and respect. /e salute and /e Qapla'! to you all.

By the way, great job keeping Drozana clean, but do you think you can do something about ESD? All the racist, homophobic, and pro-/anti-religious garbage polluting zone chat isn't healthy for new players.

Keep up the good work, you brave firefighting dentists!
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
    edited June 2013
    We're planning to hold some events on Risa. So players will be able to double their fun during this event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaaskrulkaaskrul Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    UPDATE: New recruits to Starfleet Dental now receive a weekly stipend of 5 million ec, 4 Fleet Ship Modules, and A FREE SHIP to start!

Please note there is a mandatory nonrefundable 1 million EC application fee.
    Additional fees may be required to join Starfleet Dental
    [/QUOTE]

is this For real
    edited July 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nimshaenimshae Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Come on guys, for Spocks sake...this is a recruitment forum, to recruit members for a game based on a world created with infinite diversity in infinite combinations.

And we are stooping to slating another fleet because we don't agree on their practices, for shame guys, for shame!

Regardless of what any of our opinions of them are, they should only be voiced if they can be substantiated by proof of wrong doing, otherwise you are adding to the rumour mongering.

Or kept amongst yourselves because thats all they are opinions, they most certainly shouldn't be posted on the recruitment forum in "their fleet post" I don't know in an effort to hurt their fleet and new recruits.

Come on fair is fair, if any fleet did this to your recruiment post you would be justifiably upset. Why should this fleet be fair game because "some people" obviously have strong opinions about them.

There is room in this sandbox for us all.

I would like to apologise to you Dental on behalf of the fleets here, please don't think we all agree with such behaviour.

I wish you all the best with your recruitment drive, I don't need to wish you all the best with your fleet as obviously you are highly thought of by your community as you are vehemently championed. Lets face it when all said and done THAT is ALL that matters not the idle vicious tongues wagging.

And I would also like to add, as a very strong RP'er who has run, and played in a successful bridge RP for over 18 months. NO you shouldn't ruddy ERP in public area's, if you are trolled for doing this...then it's your own blasted fault.

If I was missioning and came across you I would troll you myself, sheesh!!!

Anyway guys, and gals, good luck with the recruits, hope your journeys through space and the stars are fruitful and fun filled.

Sarah
    SSO Fleet Understands that this is a game, that it's sole purpose is to escape from the harsh realities of life. Thats why we promise, we offer fun, frolics without the mandatory rules and structure. Come escape with us, we dare you.....
    edited July 2013
    The reason why I haven't filed a ticket on any of the posts in violation of the recruitment rules is as an example of the sort of players you do not have to tolerate in Dental. Would you want to play with rude people that think posting inappropriately in recruitment threads is acceptable behaviour? Especially when other players feel compelling to apologise for their behaviour. Would you want to play with the same people that act like a group of baboons in zone chat?

What is even more hilarious is if you use the gateway to look at their ships their ship fittings are below our minimum entry requirements. We do have a low level requirement the players can do a correct basic fitting of their ships. We do give a bit of slack as we are a training fleet which trains our players to be more effective at playing the game. However, the people trying to tarnish our image have not excuse for poor ship fitting and boff abilities given the length of time they have been playing.

Not only can you be a better player, get given space assets to enhance your gameplay but you can have fun in the game. Something a lot of the playerbase is openly opposed to.

Not only all of this but I offer access to my Suliban Cell Ship for the special 5 day doff recruitment mission. We spread the benefits far and wide amongst our members.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    Further to all the previous discussion if you want an idea of what the players are like who seek to defame Starfleet Dental the following video will help you understand. A player posted this to the thread complaining about the disco balls, yes the disco balls.

It starts out with someone attempting, and failing, to use voice changing software to sound like a woman. They then go on to show typical gameplay with a disco ball and complains that this is somehow harrassment. Towards the end are the death threats. Warning it's 20 minutes of your life you'll never get back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ODkn-Pkox0&feature=youtu.be

When I say we have crackpots trying to defame Starfleet Dental I trust that you will now understand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monjon1monjon1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I dont seek a fleet
    Starfleet Dental Entertains
    I will watch this thread

:D
  • toonameowttoonameowt Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    monjon1 wrote: »
    I dont seek a fleet
    Starfleet Dental Entertains
    I will watch this thread

Word up, man. (passes popcorn)

• monjon1monjon1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Starfleet Dental's official response video is now live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrnT7RpQ9Lg

I laughed...
    I cried...
    It was better than Cats...
  • chupavi90chupavi90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hii Dentals.I have a question,who i need to contact about aditional information regarding your fleet?
  • rampage237rampage237 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    edited July 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
    edited July 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
    edited July 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]