test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Into Darkness Dreadnought :Q___

124»

Comments

• admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,561 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wonder how many who slate JJ's take on things read the Various ST novels, the Vesta is considered Canon, has it appeared on screen.... did the novelist have the actress who played Ezri, going through her lines with him as her wrote her parts.. or was it just THERE idea of a portrayal.

In short Canon is whats the media everybody has or could have watched. Beyond that its subjective opinion and a cult niche market you can exploit for profit, er supply original works extrapolated from the original Canon which does not make any of it Canon.

Suck up the reality, this game itself is case in point. If CANON is all your after you should stop playing STO, its merely BASED on the the ideas of the Great Bird of the Galaxy. Only using the background Roddenberry established, and more than a nod in the direction of the films everyone hates!!!. He died in the early 90's anything after that could never have his seal of approval/ or rebuttal.. so why pick out JJ, I think the misguided ham fisted Temporal War ala Enterprise did more damage then anything you could say about JJ.

With CANON all your left with is TOS the first 6 films and TNG rerun's and should shut yourself off from anything else ever done.

CANON purists are hypocrites, how many rate DS9 the best series, with its kick TRIBBLE war, edgy politics and intrigue, social commentary... That was after Roddenberry died, so how's that Canon??? Or have copies of every ST book ever written and consider it Canon.

Unless your getting a yay or nay from the original creator of an adventure series, after that it's pretty much been made in the hopes you can be entertained and will spend money on it.

Right now the only canon are the JJ ST films as he can say if its his idea of what he has imagined or people just using it to make a quick buck.

That's why I say as close to cannon while being balanced and suggest updating ONLY the Gal R
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When they say they are working to get some other stuff from the movies into the game and the subject of the Vengeance comes up why do I get the impression this will mean a Section 31 lox box is in the works.
  • baneswraith77baneswraith77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Honestly I think all this debate over the alternate timeline is hilarious!!! As for the vessel I've spent alot of money on here why stop now.
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    this is from last year, so it's a necro thread.

Not to mention nothing from the new movies can be used as they are owned by paramount not cbs.

Next time, please make sure you're responding to threads that aren't over 30 days old.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

This discussion has been closed.