test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mail bug costing me millions

osirisraaosirisraa Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
It seems that even after the patch to fix some of the in game mailing bugs there is still some major issues.

It seems that 2 copys of a return item expiration from a post on the exchange is being sent. 1 that some times is un delete able still after the patch to attempt to fix mail and another carbon copy that says {holo deck} that if you delete it if you can delete it will also delete your item attached to the original. This bug has cost me over 50 mil in inventory on the exchange. Muti bug and tickets filed ... no response or companion so far.
Post edited by osirisraa on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2013
    anyone else having more bugs with mail
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As the borg say adapt

As of yet I'm not having problems with mail

but I take down my sales and put it back up daily to stop any problems so just do that
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    typlixomtyplixom Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How the frak is that stopping the problem?! That's just sticking your head in the sand - ignoring the problem.
  • Options
    wazzybutterballswazzybutterballs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How many times did you delete the copy and realise you lost your items?
  • Options
    dashrendar1138dashrendar1138 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Had the same thing happen. Deleted the duplicate that had no item attached, and it deleted the item from the other one, leaving me with nothing. Being more careful now, but that's just ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join the Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet
    http://www.vulcankolinahrfleet.com/
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Maybe your items would sell if you followed supply and demand rules. I'm pretty sure that if your sales keep expiring it's because the price is too high to begin with.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Maybe your items would sell if you followed supply and demand rules. I'm pretty sure that if your sales keep expiring it's because the price is too high to begin with.

None of which, as the OP already stated, has anything to do with this being a rather serious bug that needs to be fixed ASAP.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's not a fix but you need to remove the item from the mail with an attachment and delete that one only. You should do this for each mail with an attachment.
    Leaving mail and returning to mail deletes the "ghost" mail as well.
    Seems exchange is sending you a mail with your attachment AND a mail telling you it is returning your item.
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    darthpostaldarthpostal Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Today I started getting a "phantom mail": my mail icon flashes and beeps, but there is no new mail. I checked on all my characters - no new mail, but it flashes.

Any ideas?
  • Options
    stanojoski1stanojoski1 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I still cant send mail to my character mail and it is EMPTY :(
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    How many times did you delete the copy and realise you lost your items?

Lost about 12 items until I figured what was going on
  • Options
    alkeldaalkelda Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This 'wonderful new mail system' we have had shoved at us since LoR launch has been nothing but frustration and aggrivation since it first appeared on Tribble. One bug after another, most bugs never fixed. Funny, I saw a response from Cryptic saying 'all bugs with the new mail system will be ironed out by live launch." Hahahaha...sorry.

Cryptic's fix on Tribble was to wipe the server. And mail still is not working most of the time (I think. New bug for Tribble is to disconnect me three seconds after login to Tribble so I have not been able to check for a week).

Here on Holodeck, if you try to send a mail with items *maybe* it will get sent. Most times, it will simply fail to send with no error message or reason why. It just decided not to send your mail today.

Try again tomorrow. Again, sometimes it gets sent. Most of the time? Hah!

And then there's the crash on deleting mail bug. Oh, what fun! It seems to happen on New Romulus more than anywhere else. Delete a mail...delete a mail...delete a mail BOOM desktop. Cryptic error handler wants to know what you were doing.

"Hello, Cryptic, this is my twenty-second message to you through the error handler. Guess what I was doing? I was deleting mail, just like the other twenty-one times. Funny, huh? Just deleting mail from the bug that would not let us delete mail a few weeks ago. Remember that? Wheee"

And when you try to send the message the error handler vanishes. Did it get sent to Cryptic to give them a laugh today? Probably not. :P

EDIT: Captain's log, 06-18-13, finally able to log on to Tribble and stay on...
  • Options
    typlixomtyplixom Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This should have been resolved before or during the beta!
  • Options
    alkeldaalkelda Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was afraid of this, but I did not prepare. : (

Now, I have lost millions of EC in items I had no warning to get out of mail.

Thanks a lot Cryptic. Every mail from before LoR launch.

Items that I was holding in mail until a favorable price in the exchange
    Winter event items & commodities (saving for next winter event).
    Doffs.
    Boffs.
    Low level items for future just-starting characters (really makes me not want to start a new character ever again now).
    Datachips stored 5 at a time for the same just-starting characters.
    Old mail from other players I was hanging onto to remind myself of what was said and when.
    Old fleet mail notices with information worth referring back to.
    Several hundred lockboxes.
    Samples stored in 250 stacks.
    Common tribbles for future snacks for my KDF characters' cannibal tribbles.

A little warning would have been nice. : (