test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tailor bug for Romulan female alien species height.

yuukageyuukage Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Request DEV to fix the height scaling for Romulan Alien species female in tailor. the shortest height she can go is right now is 1.68m and tallest is 1.92m whereas the male can reach from 1.37m to 2.13m height. the alien species in Feds and KDF do not have this problem whereby both genders can scale from 1.37m to 2.13m height.

I understood that cryptic wanted to protect the physical appearance for some species in STO due to some legal issues but we are talking about the alien species where players able to customized their own toon's physical appearance.

I think this is clearly a bug for romulan female alien species. can DEV please fix this bug?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yuukageyuukage Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hi DEVs,

Thanks or listening and fix up the Romulan Alien species height bug but you only fix half the problem. The latest patch only fix this bug in the main character creation screen but the tailors in game is not fix. I cannot choose the 1.37m to 2.13m height from all the tailors in game.

Hope you'll look into this ASAP.

Thanks
  • fluffymaryfluffymary Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same as yuukage : if I create a new Romulan Alien Female, I can choose her height (1.37 to 2.13), but I can't chose those heights for my Alien created in may (limited to 1.68 to 1.92).

But I noticed a very strange thing : when I look at my character info page, on my new character it says she her race is alien .. BUT on my old one, it says her race is Romulan even though she was created as an alien(!) and I still have all alien head options (only body height seems missing)
    (side note: my new Romulan Alien can't load costumes saved with my other char (looking for Alien outfits), and old char can't load saved outfits from the new one (looking for romulan outfits))

:confused:
    (> " " <)
    ( ='o'= )
    -(,,)-(,,)-

Broken things kill Kitties ... Save Kitties, fix broken things.
  • zaalbarzaalbar Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same as the others, my character (Shivali@LinkArcher) has the species identified as Romulan when it should be alien. The height is restricted, all other alien options seem to be available.
    edited July 2013
    any updates on the in-game tailor to fix this bug Dev Team? I hope you guys are working on it.. I still cannot scroll the height limit from 1.68 to 1.92metre max for my Romulan alien female using the in-game tailor.

Thanks
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Still having the same issue here, I'm still limited to just 1.68 to 1.92 as well.

And yes, only in the tailor, I just checked the character creator and it works fine there.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It seems they only changed the size for neutral romulan aliens. Once you choose your allegiance the options are gone.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    just a bump since the problem still exists and does not seem to be fixed in the latest tribble patch

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
    edited July 2013
    yea.. i'll bump this too.. still no news from DEVs about this fix
  • veifelpwveifelpw Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same problem for me in german client. Very annoying because I'm playing a "clone" character who's original federation alien was also small. Now I can't be small anymore. :mad:
  • koisayakoisaya Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    still waiting for this in-game tailor bug to be fix..cant become smallest with my romulan alien female too.

thanks
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rebump. Still waiting for a fix.

fed female alien: works fine
    fed male alien: works fine
    kdf female alien: works fine
    kdf male alien: works fine

rom male alien: works fine

rom FEMALE alien: broken

Can we have an update on the status? Is this being looked into?
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • kishodarkishodar Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Damn, just ran into this bug myself.

ticket ID #1,950,977.

My Alien female also turned into a Romulan female and lost the alien height options.

http://i.imgur.com/M9nKj7O.jpg

Should be "Species: Alien"
    edited March 2014
    still waiting for this to be fixed..
    my alien female romulan still got that height limit in the in-game tailor.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for your reports. I sent out a reminder that this issue remains valid.
    STO QA Team
  • mamasanmamasan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I know this thread is old, but this is still a problem in game.

My alien character on Romulan faction is 5'6, and cannot be any shorter, the slider still does not go below 5'6. It is fine for Federation and Kilngon characters, but does not work for Romulan alligned ones.
  • ghostdisplayghostdisplay Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    New player here. Just noticed this issue on my character as well. Status menu states the race as Romulan instead of Alien, which might be applying Romulan physical restrictions within the tailor.
  • bothuxcbothuxc Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Created a Romulan alien female. Info says "species: Romulan".
    Max height 1.92.

How hard can it be to fix this ffs.
  • tsaiukitsaiuki Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for your reports. I sent out a reminder that this issue remains valid.

It's been 2 and a half months since that reminder. Any update on this?
  • bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    tsaiuki wrote: »
    It's been 2 and a half months since that reminder. Any update on this?
    The problem still exists.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2014
    There's been a fix made for the issue, but it has not yet reached QA, so I do not have an ETA for when it might be live.
    STO QA Team
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    uh ya, i made a post like this too like forever ago, looks like they have this pattern

#1 listen and "offer soundboards"
    #2 launch new stuff
    #487 (dusts off the folder and it reads) fix the bugs, and listen to player base

wonderfully "perfect" world we have here ... lulz ...
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    im still unable to scale my romy alien the way like mah fed/kdf ones.. am i alone with this ?
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • marvilopadopacusmarvilopadopacus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's november and still no fix, any news?
  • elbourtelbourt Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You can create new Romulan Alien Females that are 4' 6" but cannot load the saved images to old toons. You also cannot see old toons saves in new creator. Please fix this. One thing I would also like to see in costumes is the ability to save the face configuration and body configuration like you can for the uniforms. I would also like to see a numeric entry instead of having to use the sliders. Would be nice to say enter 20% instead of guessing where the slider is. I would also like to know why female aliens cannot have claws or bones as hand options ?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    edited January 2015
    I'm still waiting for this fixed since day 1 posted this bug in forum. My female alien romy couldn't set to 4'6' in any ingame tailors until now despite cryptic said the bug was fixed. yes, indeed it was fixed but that only applies to making new characters. old existing characters cannot enjoy this feature and please do not tell me to make new character to play. I had enough characters already. :(

still waiting patiently.................................
  • si0csi0c Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I created an alien Rom 5 days ago and I could make her 1.43 m and I dunno why but out of blue my character changed of size and now I have the minimum size of 1.68 when I check at the tailor ...
  • si0csi0c Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Still no news on that bug ? It's really annoying...

Last info about a fix : 08-04-2014

It's just incredible. More than 4 monthes...

I won't buy any Zen until it's fixed. :p

In fact we players should tell Cryptic, fix all bugs or we will stop pay for anything. That at least should do something.