test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mind Games - The writer has a sick and twisted mind

2»

Comments

• tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its a pity you cant try to kick Sela or Hakeev in the mission, or try to kill your way trough the ship :)

Because that's what my character would do, after she had to waste two epohs... thats 800 romulan marks Sela! I'm going to get you! :D
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep - I got Satra myself. I probably WOULDN'T have choosen to resist picking up and firing the Disruptor has it been Tovan. :eek::D;)

I got Satra too. I probably would have shot Hiven, though. :P

Anyway, I thought that mission was awesome! Although it was slightly creepy... Sela's voice reminded me of GlaDOS from Portal at times. O_o
    76561198032353876.png
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thought about starting a new thread, but this one isn't too old yet.

I finally got to this mission last night. Aside from missing the accolade because my mouse moved off a 'green' clickie and accidentally triggered the 'red' clickie early, it was enjoyable. But I do have a question.

When and how exactly did my cover get blown?

One minute we're investigating the Hobus base and confronting Taris, then Tal troops bust in and they're showing as enemies? Um, wait, I thought they were on *my* side? I'm confused...
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2013

One minute we're investigating the Hobus base and confronting Taris, then Tal troops bust in and they're showing as enemies? Um, wait, I thought they were on *my* side? I'm confused...

Maybe they figured it out while you were exploring Hobus? I don't know, I never thought about that before.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I finally got to this mission last night. Aside from missing the accolade because my mouse moved off a 'green' clickie and accidentally triggered the 'red' clickie early, it was enjoyable. But I do have a question.

So which one of your crew is the Tal Shiar agent reporting back to Hakeev and/or Sela? Hmmm? ;)

And why would your "good-side" conscience be represented by Khev?

What if Khev was the Tal Shiar agent reporting on you and really messing with your mind BIG TIME? ;)

Maybe Cryptic will be using him in some FE or mission series where he makes Hakeev look like an angel?
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Maybe they figured it out while you were exploring Hobus? I don't know, I never thought about that before.

I think it happens when you walk onto the bridge face to face with Hakeev. I agree that it makes no sense that your cover is blown that easily. As I have mentoned before, I would have loved to see the infiltration story extended such that Sela knows you are a double agent, but trys playing the character against Hakeev for control of the Tal Shiar. Turning Charva, and using Janek's spats with Hakeev could have made for an interesting plot worthy of Lord Byron.