test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let's get some real fleet reform!!!

kryptonianbadboykryptonianbadboy Member Posts: 88 Arc User
Some of us in fleets have been asking for change for quite sometime now. These changes would greatly help with overall fleet well being. I am asking for support as well as new ideas to help fleets of all sizes and shapes to achieve this task.

Message to DEVs "The Changes for the Fleets of Star Trek Online."

1. Increase Fleet Ranks from 7 to 12.

2. In-Game Recogition of Fleet Alliances.
A. Allied fleets would be able to help with starbase and embassy projects rewarding the helping fleet with provisions and the receiving fleet with the needed XP for the projects.
B. Access to starbases and embassies of Allied fleets to buy items from store using the provisions from the members own fleet.

3. Individual Fleet Member Permissions

4. Updated fleet reporting that includes provisions used by members.

5. Updated fleet roster to show how many days a members has been in the fleet and who recruited them.

6. Additional fleet bank slots.

I Believe that this would greatly improve the fleet aspect of the game and welcome any constructive ideas to add to the list or support of the idea listed on this thread.
Please keep this discussion civil and to the points at hand (this is not a bash Cryptic or perfect world thread).
Thank you for your help in advance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Check out "Welcome to the 77th" in the foundry!!!!
Post edited by kryptonianbadboy on

Comments

• Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We've been making these, and other requests for the last 3 years.

Check out these 2 threads: Fleets Unite:: The New thread, and Fleets Unite - Bringing attention to Fleet development.

Since both of those threads have gone more than 30 days without a post, it's a good thing that you've started a new thread, instead of necroing one of them, however, perhaps linking to them will help refresh a few memories.

In fact, I don't see why we can't continue the discussion here, using the OP's ideas, and the ideas in those other threads as a basis of this thread.
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I really appreciate the links Joe hopefully we can get the ball rolling again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fleet points

If a Fleets members run a successful Fleet ONLY Stf give them 5 fleet points
    If they run any successful fleet only team event 1 pt per team member

but if ANY fleet member is reported (accurately) for Griefing or bad language or spam etc

50 points from griffindore

and a nice score chart

and fleet with less than say 1000 pts could be limited to a t1 starbase (function not visuals)

Fleets over 1million fleet points could have a t6
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    Fleet points

but if ANY fleet member is reported (accurately) for Griefing or bad language or spam etc

50 points from griffindore

and a nice score chart

and fleet with less than say 1000 pts could be limited to a t1 starbase (function not visuals)

Fleets over 1million fleet points could have a t6

So basically, this idea is entirely geared to TRIBBLE XXXXXXXX? Not that i'd mind much if it were implemented simply to TRIBBLE them, but let's just let that go and actually talk something constructive.

With regards to the OP - Liking all the ideas here, especially the Alliances one. The fleet i'm in has been offered the place in one of the un-official fleet alliances that are starting to sprout up, but since we're pretty democractic, the general feeling at the time was "Well, it sounds good. But i'm not sure." With some official standing, and some checks and balances, I can easily see that No becoming a Yes and i'm sure there'll be players in other fleets feeling the same.

That said, there should be some sortf of benefit to forming an alliance - Fleet Discounts maybe, or a T6 SB tier that can only be unlocked by Fleet Alliances. Otherwise, it does smack somewhat of the big fleets having to support small fleets who then leech away their ship provisions and give nothing back.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no its to benefit fleets who are fleets

and do things together and help one another

and cripple fleets that are not Fleets
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We've been making these, and other requests for the last 3 years.

Check out these 2 threads: Fleets Unite:: The New thread, and Fleets Unite - Bringing attention to Fleet development.

Since both of those threads have gone more than 30 days without a post, it's a good thing that you've started a new thread, instead of necroing one of them, however, perhaps linking to them will help refresh a few memories.

In fact, I don't see why we can't continue the discussion here, using the OP's ideas, and the ideas in those other threads as a basis of this thread.

Yea... Stuff has happend Real life that forced me to discontinue maintaining my "Children". Feel free to use whatever you can from said threads, and know that you have my support.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the support Anazonda hopefully by working together as a group we an shepard in the call for change that you and others called for at the beginning and make it a reality in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    Fleet points

Instead of STFs I would use this for PvP and Start the PvP for Fleets board to track wins loses and reward fleet marks and dilithium. It would work two fold by reenergizing the fleet dynamic and light a fire to revamp PvP as a whole. Start with the fleets beta it with them then go to individual player from there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If I could give individual permissions and set certain roles for certain people, I'd sacrifice extra "ranks"

Other than that

+1 /signed.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tc10b wrote: »
    If I could give individual permissions and set certain roles for certain people, I'd sacrifice extra "ranks"

Other than that

+1 /signed.

Individual permissions for fleet permissions ie(recruiting and such) where ranks would be for fleet banks limits and rank permission it would help giving a member a little more responsibility that doesn't meet the rank requirement.

Thanks for your support .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My suggestion is add fleet marks to fleet action rewards. I mean, weren't fleet actions originally intended as something fleets could do back before we had all the other fleet stuff?
  • Options
    nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just a little thing, but make the fleet uniforms you buy on the starbase (Odyssey/Bortasq) able to be set as actual fleet uniforms. The current system makes it that you can't set any uniform that has a part which is unlock-able or bought. I think they can at least make the exception to the 'fleet uniforms' that people pay dilithium for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    nagrom7 wrote: »
    Just a little thing, but make the fleet uniforms you buy on the starbase (Odyssey/Bortasq) able to be set as actual fleet uniforms. The current system makes it that you can't set any uniform that has a part which is unlock-able or bought. I think they can at least make the exception to the 'fleet uniforms' that people pay dilithium for.

Awesome idea !!! I can totally see this as a project after tier V is achieved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    hartzilla wrote: »
    My suggestion is add fleet marks to fleet action rewards. I mean, weren't fleet actions originally intended as something fleets could do back before we had all the other fleet stuff?

I agree 100%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,865 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My fleet also agrees to this 100%.
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    stulpnagelstulpnagel Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    members who leave a fleet should dissappear from the fleet leaderboard
    and they should also fix the fleet news system couse its broken.
    agreed to add more ranks and individual member dutties.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ztstrikeztstrike Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This game pushes fleets way to much as it is.

/unsigned

If anything we need stuff that makes people want to get away from fleets.
    -ZT Strike
    sapyroth wrote: »
    "Come play STO free-to-pay! Lag'yer TRIBBLE off and get a migrane!! Yeehaa!":eek:
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,865 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fleet ranking and points outlined by the OP are similar since launched 3 yrs ago...now there are so many new F2P and we DO need some more tools...

SIGNED
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Since dev are pushing shuttle events lets get a fleet shuttle in here as well. I know that in the beginning of next year some fleets will be hitting tier 5 then what? What else is there going to be for a fleets? If the fleet mechanics part of the game doesn't change this game would wither pretty bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Fleet ranking and points outlined by the OP are similar since launched 3 yrs ago...now there are so many new F2P and we DO need some more tools...

SIGNED

Thanks for the support Crusader!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Message to DEVs "The Changes for the Fleets of Star Trek Online."

A. Allied fleets would be able to help with starbase and embassy projects rewarding the helping fleet with provisions and the receiving fleet with the needed XP for the projects.
    B. Access to starbases and embassies of Allied fleets to buy items from store using the provisions from the members own fleet.

5. Updated fleet roster to show how many days a members has been in the fleet and who recruited them.

7. Fleet retrofit shuttle.

8. Fleet sector space with PvP Capablity.

9. fleet unlockable uniforms projects.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Creatable foundry missions with others in a fleet or not. With a fleet mate revenues from tips could go directly to the fleet instead of to a player. but also give players a chance to collaborate with a mission. that would be awesome especially if they ever fix the foundry so it doesn t crash everytime you try to log on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Please see above posts and sign up to make it happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013

7. Fleet retrofit shuttle.

8. Fleet sector space with PvP Capablity.

9. fleet unlockable uniforms projects.

10. fleet Foundry mission that would generate dilithium for the fleets in use of the tip. Along with collaboration among the fleet members (working on it together at the same time). Along with this I would like to have the different tier starbases for maps interior and exterior.

11. Ability to remove starbase personnel similar to that of the hide winter d?cor button.

12. Ability to change starbase / Embassy personnel uniforms to the actual fleet uniform.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    warhammeredwarhammered Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Right now, I'd attempt to push the ones that wouldn't require Cryptic to majorly re-write or make new code from scratch (because we know how slow that goes.).

Numbers:
    1. Ranks to 12, since we all really just want all of the officer grades in our fleets. Doesn't require new code.

3. Permissions. Honestly this might take some re-tweaking of the current system, but it may become mute or less of a priority, if we can at least get the five expanded ranks first from Cryptic.

5. Don't know if the game keeps a track of the information like this, but it would be nice to have an EVE style 'employment record', perhaps called our Starfleet Service Jacket, like the military has in RL. (And no, a jacket is a folder, not the clothing, to you civilians.) Might be possible to start from a later patch date, at the least. If they can implement the storage of this data.

6. Again more bank slot wouldn't require anything new for Cryptic. Hell, we'd even purchase them with in-game currency, if that's what it'll take to get. *sigh* But we'd hope not.

Just these would be a great start. The others could be built-on, as the game gets more season updates as well.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    {long list - snip}

You do know you can update the list on your original post, right?

It's okay to post that you've updated the OP as long as you're not bumping the thread excessively.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    These are not the only ideas out here if you do have a way to better fleets please post and together we can try and put a face on this to get something going to reform fleets for the better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like many of the ideas so far (especially tracking PVP like every other MMO). But can Cryptic actually do this? Do they have the knowledge and staff members to do this.

If so many requests and ideas for improving the fleet have been going on for 3+ years ignored, then I see it as either one of two things:

1. They just don't care about the fleet system (Instead they are focused on milking zen as much as possible)
    or
    2. They don't have the staff/ability to make the major improvements. Therefore only allowing a Fleet shipyard as the only real benefit to a fleet.
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Well it looks like the fleets got something ( Dilthium Mine). but what fleets need are thing they could use not something else to grind on. Yes the members in the fleet I am in are coming together to do projects but contributions are a hard go since the more evolved the fleet is the more dilthium and fleet marks you need (and yes I know fleets get a discount for leveling the Dilthium mine). I'm urging people to look over the list we have made so far post your support for fleet getting something that won't lead to a grind fest in game something that could bring people together. If it's not on the list we can put it on. We as a community can shine a light on the needs and wants of players who use this fleet system. all we need is a united strong voice to be heard.

Thank you for your time.

---post above is by kryptonianbadboy---

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further :) ~BranFlakes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.