test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game Difficulty Bug

trmcgillicuttitrmcgillicutti Member Posts: 26 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Okay, not sure where to put this so admins have at it.

I've noticed sometimes I go into an Elite STF and the enemies are one hitting everyone, almost every hit a crit, the largest ships, hit once, dead, our team decimated, and this goes on for 45 minutes, until we finish or quit, in conduit, the easier of them.

No it doesn't happen often, but this happens.

People chalk it up to "oh well the game bugs out" and I figured it's time to identify the bug.

I've asked "anyone here play game on elite?" and found every time someone in the team has their game set to elite. So here is what is happening: THE GAME IS APPLYING ELITE GAME PLAY OF ONE PLAYER TO THE WHOLE TEAM IN AN ELITE STF, MAKING IT A DOUBLE ELITE DIFFICULTY.

We can have the whole team focused on an orb, where we are firing full volleys, that together, would kill that orb instantly, but in this double elite scenario, we're lucky if we do 25% damage max, almost never critting on that orb as well, and the orb fires, our ship is dead, or with 5 health left, as though we had no shields, no armor, when we read the damage, 128k-192k crit, yeah.... Insane, and 2 in a row if we survived the first one.

This problem has been around since the new reputation system was installed and now it seems to have expanded to other areas, making normal maps elite.

Today I queued up for mine trap, normally a hatchling is a simple task.... not this time, and the whole area is losing half if not all their people, some yelling "noob" of course to everyone else.... well, here's the problem, 5 of us on one of the small brownish Betas, and he's taking 3 volleys of shots from us, the same beta that I could take out alone normally. So naturally I ask, "anyone got their game set to elite?" and of course I get back "I always play on elite." 20 players shouldn't be subjected to the game settings of one. This bug probably hadn't been brought up until now, or at least not identified as a bug, maybe even just thought of as some random odd thing that happens. I've had it happen before and thought it was just a bug myself, not correlating it to the aforementioned elite STF experiences, until now.

I've also observed this bug with the zone "Red Alerts" so I implore Cryptic to fix this bug next patch. It isn't a constant problem (as far as I know) but it happens frequently enough that one of the coders, using some program that looks at game data packet frames, could have the cause found overnight and lead to a fix rather quickly.

Thank you and though I hear many giving up on cryptic due to these bugs, I see Cryptic finally starting to address many of the old ones that reappeared with the new expansion, and hope this bug will get due attention.

In great appreciation for the efforts made for Star Trek,

AFS TRMcGillicutti, still missing Tabula Rasa, wishing NCSoft would let go of the Darth Vader like death grip on even having a private server for it, so a company like Cryptic with Perfect World Entertainment, could take it over, giving TR due marketing that NCSoft failed to do, and then blamed the game for not succeeding over-- internal corporate politics the monthly paying players of a game should not be penalized for.