test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to receive Veteran Accolades

zeryon01zeryon01 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I decided to create a new Starfleet Science character last night, as I've been missing that career track as of late. After spending 30 minutes in the character creator, I finally hit engage and launched into the game.

Since I've been playing for years, I skipped the tutorial and headed directly to ESD. I didn't realize it at the time, but the mass flood of accolades never happened. It was only about 20 minutes later when I went it to claim the DS9 bundle that I realized something was up. I was being told I couldn't claim it and that I wasn't eliglble.

So I did some peaking around, and realized on my "edit record" screen that I only had two titles available--where normally the Impressive, Dauntless, Magnificent, etc... would be.

I played through Stranded in Space--thinking maybe I have to reach a certain level now, or spend skill points. Wrong. LOL

I thought it might be something similar to the skill respec bug currently on holodeck (where if you alter skills it doesn't work, but if you clear all and start for scratch, it'll accept), so I deleted the character, rebuilt it, and played through the tutorial.

Still nothing.

I'm not so much worried about the vet rewards right now, as I am about the inability to claim items for the store. But I don't want to progress the character at all until the Vet issue is worked out, as it implies something's wrong with the character's linkage to the system. I really don't want to level it all up, and then have to wipe it later on.

Has something changed recently? Is anyone else having issues like this? After rebuilding the character for a third time this morning, I finally gave up and filed a GM ticket, and a bug report and headed here.
Post edited by zeryon01 on

Comments

• johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zeryon01 wrote: »
    I decided to create a new Starfleet Science character last night, as I've been missing that career track as of late. After spending 30 minutes in the character creator, I finally hit engage and launched into the game.

Since I've been playing for years, I skipped the tutorial and headed directly to ESD. I didn't realize it at the time, but the mass flood of accolades never happened. It was only about 20 minutes later when I went it to claim the DS9 bundle that I realized something was up. I was being told I couldn't claim it and that I wasn't eliglble.

So I did some peaking around, and realized on my "edit record" screen that I only had two titles available--where normally the Impressive, Dauntless, Magnificent, etc... would be.

I played through Stranded in Space--thinking maybe I have to reach a certain level now, or spend skill points. Wrong. LOL

I thought it might be something similar to the skill respec bug currently on holodeck (where if you alter skills it doesn't work, but if you clear all and start for scratch, it'll accept), so I deleted the character, rebuilt it, and played through the tutorial.

Still nothing.

I'm not so much worried about the vet rewards right now, as I am about the inability to claim items for the store. But I don't want to progress the character at all until the Vet issue is worked out, as it implies something's wrong with the character's linkage to the system. I really don't want to level it all up, and then have to wipe it later on.

Has something changed recently? Is anyone else having issues like this? After rebuilding the character for a third time this morning, I finally gave up and filed a GM ticket, and a bug report and headed here.

I've just started my Andorian Tac officer that i've been meaning to make since the Kumari-class was announced. Sure enough, I followed the same process. Skipped the tutorial and headed into the game.

Just finished Stranded In Space and still no Accolades, can't claim the Android boff, still stuck with standard boff slots and ship slots.

I was able to claim my Steam Starter Pack, ENT Bundle and TOS Bundle, however.

What gives, Cryptic? Even us Lifers are getting the short end now?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    edited June 2013
    Just to confirm, I have created a further character and he too did not recieve anything at the Play/Skip Tutorial screen.

In addition, I don't believe i've recieved my monthly stipend this month, I wonder if that's linked.
  • nanomorphnanomorph Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Have you gotten up to level 5 yet? I suspect the same issue where Rom toons don't get the bonuses until 5 applies here as well.
    edited June 2013
    nanomorph wrote: »
    Have you gotten up to level 5 yet? I suspect the same issue where Rom toons don't get the bonuses until 5 applies here as well.

I have not, but I shall push on and see if that is the case.

EDIT: It is. Received all the LTS Rewards at Lv.5
  • gothicazhgothicazh Member Posts: 0
    edited June 2013
    Thx for the confirmation, I've had the same problem.....will continue levling then.:)
  • zeryon01zeryon01 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep, I can confirm as well. Upon reaching level 5, everything related to the Veteran accolades kicked into place!

Unfortunately though, I still can't claim certain bundles from the store. LOL