test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic - We really need some new decent endgame PVE

2»

Comments

• wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    with regards to needing end game content. well of course we do. this is why I raised concerns over the 'priority' of reworking the fed tutorial. which ok could be better, but it isn't awful as it is. while the dev team are reworking that. those guys aren't working on anything new or end game.

I would like to see some elite stfs related to the story the game is taking. there just simply isn't enough elite stuff running side by side with the games story.

after you smashed the borg to death a million time .... yeah they are dead. for now! they are always going to be the a come back bad guy. but they have been beaten to death. so it's time for some elite stfs with other 'bad guys'

maybe more tholians but I kinda like the idea of the undine getting some elite stfs and some story development. or even some war related stfs. which could bring new maps not just for pve but pvp as well
  • nevi1nevi1 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    queeg9000 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who got bored the instant I hit 50?I did STF's wile leveling and it was the same stuff after dinging.That rep grind doing the same TRIBBLE over and over to get one crappy piece gear then after you get that doing those same STF's on elite didn't appeal to me at all.

Don't help they all seem the same.

The problem I have is that all the game content that was ok is being reworked instead of new content coming out.

I would of preferred to see some new end game STFs come out rather then content that has just been updated and reworked.

STFs were modified for F2P and were not as much fun as the old style STFs which at least felt more like a story line and were a good few hours of fun when done back to back.

These STFs don't seem to be as much fun and feel disjointed. The only old STF at least that is still decent despite the nerf is terradome.

I do wish they had the old style STFs for fleets to run and the new style for those that want to pug them.
  • platewearingbirdplatewearingbird Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Know who did PvE right? Rift.

You be walking along and BAM! 10 water rifts open up and start spewing out an invasion team every 30 seconds or so. Total bedlam ensues.

PSO 2 does the same thing. You on a multi-team map and suddenly a emergency quest pops and 15 darkers attack, while fighting them a Dark Ragne shows up, then someone triggers a Rockbear/Fang Banther unified boss and it turns into a cluster-****.

We need that. Be on our way to new Romulus to get marks, suddenly 30 iconian squadrons show up trying to cause some other-dimensional trouble. Repelling them nets you a choose-your-own reward box that can give you anything from a lot of EC to rep marks to fleet marks/credits to unrefined dilly (and for first place maybe even REFINED).

Mix it up and let things get out of hand once in a while.
  • rathelmrathelm Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    caldannach wrote: »
    <snip>

Most MMO's have far more endgame content than this game. Even though i love this game, you are lucky this game has lasted so long in that state. Make the most of it while it has momentum!

Actually most MMOs do not have more end game content than what Cryptic has provided. The only game that I can think of that has more is WoW and its been around almost 9 years now.

PvE content is expensive to make. I'm sure that Cryptic knows how much people do what content and I would be willing to bet that elites are rarely done compared to the normal modes. With that said that can't make harder content. The majority of the player base wouldn't know how to do it and just complain that its too hard.

I mean could you imagine if they actually made an STF that required a cruiser that was decked out in defensive gear and +threat modifiers to do some content? It would confuse most of the players. Hell it would confuse most of the cruiser fliers as well.
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The reason i made this thread is because the way it is going now, i soon wont be able to muster the motivation to log in and farm the same boring missions.

After more than 3 years running, are new high level missions too much to ask? With maybe someone other than the boring Borg?
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • rathelmrathelm Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    That's not true as Omega gear benefits both PVE and PVP players (last time I checked)

He didn't say it didn't benefit PvE players. He said it wasn't needed because you can complete the content with white gear. Big difference between the two.
  • urniv821urniv821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    end game content?

What more do you need!?

A few low level missions, woo.

New Tholian rep grind.. yay.

New incoming Dilithium mine holding grind.. yay.

This is what we should expect from now on lol just more long boring trails to little pots of gold.

Unless your end game content is going to directly make them money, i doubt it will come anytime soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Your Javelin deals 125417 (89066) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse. > lol
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    makbure wrote: »
    It could be cool if there was a system that arranged all the stf missions in proper sequence so it flowed like a campaign. Maybe more cutscenes to bridge them together.

I mean there is a story arc in there, right?

There used to be a story... but it was trashed for the Queue system. When they were originally released, they were 3 part missions (Space, Ground, Space). When they decided to trash the story and go with the queue model they combined the 2 space components, and set the ground component seperate, which makes for a disjointed story.

Sigh... I miss the old days where you actually had to GO to the planet/system where the mission took place at... you formed teams in Zone chat (Gamma Orionis), it was beneficial to have all 3 classes represented (heck even desired!).

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yep, we need more end game STORY content.. Foundry is great, but its not quite the same.

ORIGINAL POSTER: It'll happen...please to remember.. SMALL DEVELOPMENT TEAM!

with way way way lots to do. But, we do have some very decent end game PVE, just not very much of it... ut yes we could use some more..verily! Forsoothly even!

More STF's are coming, and theres a couple orphan STF's that could use having thier bar raised, or more properly incorporated into the Omega task force rep system.

KDF faction players waited 3 /12 years for thier full level progression (and it could use some more work and fine tuning here and there) We managed to NOT go to Redwood City and storm the studio (though, we DID talk about doing so!!!.. but no formal planning ever happened)

The adventure zones are end game content, but I understand thats not what you want/mean.

I agree with you, others agree with you.. Heck dude! The Dev's agree with you!

It'll happen.. I hope and pray it doesn't take a couple years.. (it won't)

Now go dig into the foundry content.. hey, its got a wrapper.. so yea.. DILITHIUM...(which has far far to many places it needs to be used... but thats yet another issue!)

Khemaraa sends.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • redarmedbanditredarmedbandit Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tower defense, towers (platforms, turrets, ships) equippable with ship weapons, upgradeable towers. Right there you have an MMO RPG style tower defense engame. I think alot of people would LOVE THIS. Either strategic overlook or navigateable with a ship. I feel strategic overlook would be better, but using your ship to help kill baddies may be good. Possibilities are endless, lets keep it in space though. Do this and you have a lifetime member!
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I saw this thread and read it believing it was posted today. I didn't realize it was 17 months old until he mentioned LoR.

That should say something.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    I saw this thread and read it believing it was posted today. I didn't realize it was 17 months old until he mentioned LoR.

That should say something.

Funny...i read just the thread title and said to myself "yah we could use some new endgame pve...what we got with DR wasnt enough".

now *that* should say something
  • thomasp94232thomasp94232 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The queues are not empty, it's a bug.
    So that is why I still wasn't playing Borg Disconnect Advanced after waiting for 10+ minutes?

I've been here since beta