Install Arc
Options

Another maintenance?! What the.... [It was canceled]

2»

Comments

• Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maintenance is canceled? I thought that was what booted me off the server!

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tahllol wrote: »
    And don't cry for Europeans about the times they are taking the servers down, a lot of the down times have been from 5/6pm PST for 2 hours at a time which is really annoying and in US prime time.
    No matter what the time is, it's primetime for somewhere.
  • Options
    sophus84atsophus84at Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikec1013 wrote: »
    WHAT?! I thought you couldn't turn that off! Where do I find that? A lot of the time I'm playing is over wireless 4G and the whole patching hell thing gets old quick. I almost forgot how to turn off the lockbox flyby's. Do we need to turn off the on demand patching for each character like the lockbox announcements, or is it account wide?

Start the cryptic game launcher and above at top it says options in small there you can tick off the box
    "Mei Borg is net deppat".....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikec1013 wrote: »
    WHAT?! I thought you couldn't turn that off! Where do I find that? A lot of the time I'm playing is over wireless 4G and the whole patching hell thing gets old quick. I almost forgot how to turn off the lockbox flyby's. Do we need to turn off the on demand patching for each character like the lockbox announcements, or is it account wide?
    Turn it off at the launcher. Options button, untick the on-demand patching button.
  • Options
    ysherysher Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, cancelled... probably due to lots of screaming and shouting.

Options:
    1. log back in, start next mission and get 15 minute warning with 30+ minutes left to finish, fail mission.
    2. log back in, start next mission, server crash since they cancelled restart, fail mission again.
    3. whine on forums :)
  • Options
    vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tahllol wrote: »
    Problem is they are not fixing any of the bugs just making them worse. They really should fire their Dev and tech departments and hire someone competent that knows what a computer is.

And don't cry for Europeans about the times they are taking the servers down, a lot of the down times have been from 5/6pm PST for 2 hours at a time which is really annoying and in US prime time.

Who cares? I hope every time they bring the server down they are fixing something. If the server is down, how about finding something else to do? Pick up a book, go for a walk, get fresh with your lady or man, clean the house, call your mom. There is much more to life then STO. I find it amusing how people cry bloody murder when the game goes down.

I play alot, or at least I am logged on alot. I enjoy this game a lot even given the recent bugs and flaws. If the Devs, Admins or whatnot find it necessary to bring it down for whatever reason, just say thank you and go do something else.

I don't care if you have bought some zen or are a LTS that drops a hundred dollars a month on Zen. Nobody is entitled to anything. These bugs are driving me mad but I know raising holy hockey sticks is not going to get them fixed any faster.
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • Options
    hicks451hicks451 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The reason we are still going onabout it is because some of our fleet members have logged off due to there incompetence and during a fleet marks event and so we have all lost out in some way or another because cryptic havent got a clue about running STO they way it should be!!!
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So after hearing it is canceled I log in:

27 seconds later get logged out due to server not responding

35 seconds later type /netgraph 1 and then get kicked with server not responding

30 seconds later get kicked with server not responding

This time I see the state of the system when I get booted:

Ping 243
    Send 14 (14 unpacked)
    recv 499425 (2604500 unpacked)

It is only when these last numbers get this high I always get server not responding and booted. Normally it doesnt get anywhere near this high.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    alexrichardsalexrichards Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh look, the shard will be coming down for maintenance. I refer you to my well no duh comment earlier ;)
    Admiral Alex 'Grumpy Cat' Richards
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What you looking @ Admiral?"
  • Options
    vamankvamank Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its back. Going down in ten minutes.....
    Admiral%20sig%202.png
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Law of averages says they have to get it right eventually. Funny thing is it's their job. They should be getting it right first time.
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even Cryptic likes to troll the player base.
  • Options
    sabouma1979sabouma1979 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously guys, stop messing with us, this is starting to get very, very annoying :mad:
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately, we will need to conduct this restart. Info here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=719571

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.