test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship Consoles Console at Main Shipyards

jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
edited October 2013 in C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Can we get a console at the main shipyards where we can shop for our consoles we get with our store ships.

On tribble there was a console at the shipyard, where u could pick up the Oddy ships for testing, as well on Qo'nos for the Bortas.

Can this same console be used to obtain the consoles u get with ships from the c-store.
The current way of getting the consoles is a bit of a chore ...

- Free up a ship slot , claim ship from vendor, move item from ship to inventory, discharge the ship.

This gets more complicated if u get hard to type shipnames, or dont have a slot free for the ship, or have the ship needed in use & fully equiped already and just need an extra console/item/weapon.

Every time u get a ship, it needs to create the ship with the name and register it on your captain, opposed to just getting a console from a vendor-console straight away.

This would make it alot easier for a player to get the special items he bought, and would certainly gain a reduction in game-database processing time because players no longer create ships they discharge straight away, or need to juggle alot of items from ship to inventory/ship so they have room to get the ship to get the console/weapon again.

Easier on the game backend system, and easier on the players too, and a nice little ordered list for ppl to get their special items on.

Not even speaking of the marketing potential this has of introducing ppl to consoles through that list they would otherwise never see or notice.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    deadshepherddeadshepherd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome idea, I'd certainly love that! :cool:
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like this idea. It would make reclaiming the consoles so much easier.
  • Options
    kitsunespiritskitsunespirits Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Awesome, would make life sooo much easier, esp with triple ship packs like the oddy where u have to open all 3 ships just so u can get the complete console bonus.
  • Options
    saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would also love if this was also spreaded into lockbox ships so you can claim more Dkora-battlemodules/TSD-sphanneltorpedoes/JHEC-gammapattern etc, since lockboxes are unique by itself, why not put those consoles in dilithium store, kinda like galor beams, lets say, 20k dilithium for the consoles. It would save money and bring more effectiveness to those thingies, meaning more buyers. I would gladly spend dilithium and get more copies of my existing lockbox ship consoles.

If you wonder why I would like more copies of lockbox consoles, it's because when you switch console, it resets the cooldown. :)
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Really am missing this feature still from the stations ....

Just had a very annoying time refitting some ships, because i had to juggle a single ship slot to get the consoles & items to equip .....

Is the reason for not having this feature to sell more ship & inventory slots, instead of improving the game to make it more enjoyable ????

The current system is quite unfriendly, tedious & accident-prone.