test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rai Wont join my crew :(

dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
From my understanding, backed up by the probably incorrect wiki, Rai is supposed to join the crew of Romulan captains. As a Romulan Liberated Borg though she wont join me at all.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Rai

So is this a bug or do certain species not count as Romulan or will Rai only join certain species ships without having high Diplomacy/marauding?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tiggychantiggychan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    duty officer not bridge officer
  • graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dirlettia wrote: »
    From my understanding, backed up by the probably incorrect wiki, Rai is supposed to join the crew of Romulan captains. As a Romulan Liberated Borg though she wont join me at all.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Rai

So is this a bug or do certain species not count as Romulan or will Rai only join certain species ships without having high Diplomacy/marauding?

Heck, I just got her with my 2+-year-old Fed Alien VA. But yeah, Duty Officer. A blue biochemist with an interesting bonus.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hrm I cannot see where i even suggested she was a Bridge officer but still does the fact I am a Romulan Borg mean i am stuck with having to get Diplomacy 4 before she will join me?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is likely that somehow Romulan Borg captains aren't being tagged as people who can recruit her. I wonder if any Reman captains have run into this issue?
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • lurker49alurker49a Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I went Reman, no problems recruiting her.
  • diabranddiabrand Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On my first Reman captain I had no problems recruiting her.

On the second Reman captain I had not option to recruit her.

Very frustrating.
    "I am .. the storm that rains devastaton on our foes."
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am also a Romulan Liberated Borg and cannot claim her as of right now I am a bit baffled as a fleet mate of mine got it last night but the only thing different is he is a normal Romulan.
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited May 2013
    According to the Wiki you have to be either Romulan or have tier 4 diplomacy/marauding.
    It sounds like the mission is bugged and is being too restrictive about it who doesn't need Tier 4
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After reading this thread I decided to see if I could duplicate the issue, because I had no issues with getting her on my Rom KDF aligned Tac on his first run through. Here is what I found to contribute to this thread:
    1. Attempted with Romulan Engineer - also KDF aligned for consistency - tried to talk to her right when i beamed in - no go.
    2. As I remembered when i got her on my Tac - which was right after I nailed the last group of bad guys on the Tac class specific, I decided to progress and try again . . . tried talking to her right after talking to the Ferengi . . . no go.
    3. Initiated class quest - no go.
    4. Finished class quest, but had not yet claimed reward - THIS is where I stumbled on her accidentally on my Tac . . . no go.
    5. Claimed class quest completion . . . no go.

My next thought was that she is possibly not available due to the fact that this was a replay of the mission, but a friend of mine on Teamspeak just tried his first character on his first run through there and she will not budge for him either, so that rules out replay bug issues. As all of my characters are Romulan (not Reman or Alien or Borg), this is starting to look either:
    1. Like a random bug.
    2. Or like there MAY be a pre-requisite somewhere in the prior missions that not all of our characters are finding.

No reference to any prerequisites are posted on STO Wiki. All STO Wiki has is this to say on the subject:
    • This duty officer can be obtained in ?Mine Enemy? by interacting with the NPC of the same name.
    • Romulan Republic captains will recognize her from Virinat and convince her to join their crew.
    • Federation captains need at least tier 4 Diplomacy to persuade her to join their crew.
    • Klingon captains need at least tier 4 Marauding to offer her a position on their crew.
    • This duty officer has a unique active roster ability: "Improves healing when using science kit powers to heal humanoids with copper-based blood (Romulans, Remans, Rigelians, Vulcans)."

I will try some other ideas I have going, such as mapping out and trying again on same character, dropping mission and retrying, etc. Since I am able to duplicate this issue on this Romulan Engineer, he is going to be my test-bed and I'll try to contribute here as much as I can to help resolve this issue.

EDIT: To reply:
    bohiap wrote: »
    According to the Wiki you have to be either Romulan or have tier 4 diplomacy/marauding.
    It sounds like the mission is bugged and is being too restrictive about it who doesn't need Tier 4

I thought this as well. However I have noted that I barely even scratched the surface on starting Marauding on my Rommie Tac. He has not even completed Tier I yet. My Engineer has completed Tier I and is working toward Tier II. If Tier IV is required, I am unsure why my Tac got it . . . unless it is a bug for Tier II through IV? Hmmm. Now THIS is something to explore. Any others willing to verify where their Marauding/Dilomacy stands when encountering this bug? My Engineer is currently at 10,434 Marauding XP as I work with this.

FOLLOW-UP EDIT: I also just checked my Tac. He has 0 marauding. He has not done a single DOFF mission yet and he got the DOFF Rai from Mine Enemy.

LOOK!!!! ANOTHER EDIT!!!! Talking to my friend on TeamSpeak, he mentioned that on the character he is having issues with he also had started DOFFing in marauding - 359 XP. Theory - could STARTING your Marauding DOFF missions be locking you down until Tier IV? Again, others having this issue please let me know so I can know if I need to trash this theory or not. I am out of ideas for now.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lurker49a wrote: »
    I went Reman, no problems recruiting her.

curious, did you do any doff mission regarding diplomacy/Marauding?
    edited May 2013
    Okay . . . so in a follow-up from my post on the prior page . . . I have narrowed it down and I have a theory for the Devs (if they even read this).

I just successfully claimed this DOFF on ALL of my KDF and FED characters who have Tier IV Marauding/Diplomacy. So that appears to be functioning just fine. Between myself and the others I am speaking to, my thoughts are narrowed down to:

1. The DOFF mission is bugged in letting Romulans get her at all when we are at 0 points - maybe the DEVs wanted her to be available for Romulans as well at Tier IV?
    2. The DOFF mission is bugged in that STARTING your Marauding DOFF progress will lock you down until you get to Tier IV? Having 0 points seems to allow claim to this DOFF.

Please correct me if I am wrong and you are Romulan and have gained her with partial points in Marauding/Dilomacy. If that is the case, then everything I am thinking is blown and I would be at a loss as to what else might possibly be causing this.
  • voratusvoratus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just did this mission last night, and had the same problem: didn't have an option to have Rai join.
    Romulan character, allied with the Federation. I -have- started DOFFing with her, so my diplomacy is not at 0, but I'm still rank 0 with her (692/2500)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    voratus wrote: »
    I just did this mission last night, and had the same problem: didn't have an option to have Rai join.
    Romulan character, allied with the Federation. I -have- started DOFFing with her, so my diplomacy is not at 0, but I'm still rank 0 with her (692/2500)

I am hoping the others in this thread can check back and also state where they are or if they are at 0. I am even more convinced now that the bug is related to a "flag" that is not yet on your character until you start DOFFing actively. Before = You are flagged as Romulan. After = you are flagged as KDF/FED working on x-faction and the tables are backwards. If these flags are backwards, they need to redo it so that the Romulan racial flag overrides the KDF/FED factional flag.
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited June 2013
    I had not problem the first time. Now no one including tier 4 diplomacy can get her at all. I got a reman, a romulan, 3 feds, 3 KDF who can not get Rai at all.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, I just played this as a Fed char with T4 dip.

I had to talk to Rai twice to get her. No idea why... but it just didn't work the first time.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • crappynamerulescrappynamerules Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Worked for my first romulan, not my reman. I think it may be related to skipping the tutorial.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Worked for my first romulan, not my reman. I think it may be related to skipping the tutorial.
    Which dialog options did you use? when I did it as a Romulan I had to choose one with "berth" in the label.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ainsylainsyl Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I could get her on a Romulan that started doffing (had Diplomacy xp) but didn't skip the tutorial.

On the second romulan, who skipped the tutorial, I didn't have the option to tell her I remember her from Virinat, just ask "what are you doing here?" and she tells you about her colony, Virinat, and how it was attacked. Damn.

Hope it gets fixed (or TierIV Diplomacy/Marauding unlocks the option to get her), because I don't have the strength for restarting a lvl40 Romulan just because of this, even if the special doff would be very welcome (knowing the not-common Romulan doff shortage).
    edited June 2013
    The tutorial theory is incorrect I am afraid. The one and only Romulan I succeeded in getting the DOFF on was one that skipped the tutorial.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited June 2013
    running the mission atm where exactly is Rai located in the Mine Enemy mission inside the mine or outside?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    running the mission atm where exactly is Rai located in the Mine Enemy mission inside the mine or outside?

Right where you beam in when you beam down to the planet. Off to your left as you are facing when you beam down.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited June 2013
    thanks for the location been playing for over a year and never knew about that doff lol,
    no luck on claiming with my romulan sci lvl 50 kdf allied with 854 maurading pts, but leveling 2 new remans with starfleet b4 FE reruns are over so try on them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I made a post about this issue in the Romulan Gameplay forum, so sorry for that double post. From this post I learned probably something.

I have her on my Romulan Tac. He is my first Romulan and I played the tutorial. I could not get her with my Reman Science and Enginering officer. I did skip the tutorial for those.

Recently I rolled another science Reman on another account and I had to replay the tutorial. Now with this character I could have her again. So I am almost sure that the tutorial skipping is the issue her.

What's her role in the tutorial, is there a conversation moment? Is she the person that sends you into the cave? Can't remember.
    edited June 2013
    fovrel wrote: »
    I made a post about this issue in the Romulan Gameplay forum, so sorry for that double post. From this post I learned probably something.

I have her on my Romulan Tac. He is my first Romulan and I played the tutorial. I could not get her with my Reman Science and Enginering officer. I did skip the tutorial for those.

Recently I rolled another science Reman on another account and I had to replay the tutorial. Now with this character I could have her again. So I am almost sure that the tutorial skipping is the issue her.

What's her role in the tutorial, is there a conversation moment? Is she the person that sends you into the cave? Can't remember.

I wish I could say the same. However when i did my Romulan rolls my first toon was my Romulan TAC. Then I rolled an ENG and lastly a SCI. My TAC took the tutorial . . . the SCI and ENG skipped . . . but it was the SCI (allied with Federation) that got the DOFF.
  • xs27xxs27x Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    got the same problem, first character got her, second rom i run through doesnt get the option to recruit her, also didnt do tutorial on my second one, but from whats been said above, i guess that is not the reason... hope they fix it.. the second one is the one im planning to make my main...
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Skipping the tutorial will break this thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh, that's just perfect! :mad:

I skipped the tutorial and now I can't get my DOFF?

Cryptic, fix this!

My second Romulan character (who tutorial skipped) has tried twice so far to obtain this DOFF and has been unsuccessful.
    The latest attempt was 10 minutes ago.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • sabremeister1sabremeister1 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have recruited Rai on my Fed-Rom and my main Fed. When I tried with my KDF, she didn't want to join. All are Tacs
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    she is in the tutorial as a non interactable npc... you see her administering aid. she is near the gateway to the bugs.

so if you did the tutorial your suppose to know each other since you both lived/worked together in the colony. if you skip tutorial... well you never worked together I guess. so you need rank 4 diplomacy/marauder for her.

yeah I wish I knew that... restarted my toon so the one who did the tutorial is long gone... current toons all skipped.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I went back to Rai with T4 Diplomacy and was able to use that option to acquire her.

Looks like there's no point going to her without that level in Diplomacy.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(