test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neutral No More mission bug

darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Helloe.

I am doing the Romulan story mission Neutral No More. I have been instructed to to get a new ship but when I do the mission does not progress. I am stuck on this mission and the game won't allow me to drop the mission or select the next story mission. I tried to pick up a previous mission, make it primary and then see if the game would let me drop Neutral No More but now I can't drop either mission!!

Any fixes for this? (I have submitted a ticket but how long will that take and will my toon be useless until then?!?!?)
Post edited by darramouss1 on

Comments

• starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you already get your ship before the mission told you to?

[EDIT]

Sorry I am just about to go out, so I won't see your response for a while.

If you are stuck on this mission (as I was) because you have picked up your next ship before the game suggests it to you, you get stuck on the part where it tells you to pick up the new ship when you already have.

I got around it by switching back to my T'liss and then dismissing my new Tier 2 ship.

I was then able to follow the instructions I had been stuck on by picking up my new ship (again) and progressing with the mission.

Hope this helps.
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I figured it out. I was commissioning either existing C-Store ships or Legacy pack ships. I had to obtain a regular ship for it to progress. This is something you should probably look at, Cryptic. It's a very frustrating scenario.
  • kaim86kaim86 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I figured it out. I was commissioning either existing C-Store ships or Legacy pack ships. I had to obtain a regular ship for it to progress. This is something you should probably look at, Cryptic. It's a very frustrating scenario.

I'm stuck on this quest too and tried claiming ships multiple times. What is a regular named ship you claimed? I'm at my wits end trying to get passed this lol.
  • si1verange1si1verange1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kaim86 wrote: »
    I'm stuck on this quest too and tried claiming ships multiple times. What is a regular named ship you claimed? I'm at my wits end trying to get passed this lol.

I am stuck too. I got one of the only freely requisitionable ships (Dhelan Warbird), but now can't get off of the flotilla. I got the quest progression dialog when I spoke to the ship selection officer, closed it, then talked to the officer to select my new ship. Now there is no quest icon, no popup button on the right, and no one to talk to, and no way to transport to my new ship that I know of.
  • kaim86kaim86 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am stuck too. I got one of the only freely requisitionable ships (Dhelan Warbird), but now can't get off of the flotilla. I got the quest progression dialog when I spoke to the ship selection officer, closed it, then talked to the officer to select my new ship. Now there is no quest icon, no popup button on the right, and no one to talk to, and no way to transport to my new ship that I know of.

Yeah your problem sounds different from mine I figured out my mistake which was not picking the ship that required a centurion stripe. I finally figured out that mistake and it worked and updated my quest log.

Hopefully someone who shares your problems reads this thread and can offer some help on how to fix the issue if possible.
  • si1verange1si1verange1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here is what I did to fix getting stuck in the Neutral No More mission after getting your ship but being unable to go to it, since the mission cannot be dropped as other people mentioned.

I clicked question mark by the minimap.
    Clicked request GM Help.
    Clicked stuck.
    Clicked unable to progress through mission.
    Clicked "abort mission".

You then get an option to beam up to your ship. The tutorial then continues to help you assign officers to our new ship, and you can go to Beta Thoridar and start the mission, since it was not dropped.
  • toralantoralan Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I had the same problem of getting the ship first and calling the subcommander after. Apparently, she holds a grudge :D

The GM suggestion of abort mission did not work for me (in fact, it has, to date, never worked for me), but the suggestion of starfish1701 did work. I switched back to my first ship, dismissed the new one (make sure you get your stuffs off first) and then went to ship requisition and got my new ship again.

This has the added advantage of getting all the tier IV weaponry twice and being able to sell the doubles after reoutfitting my ship :P
  • bumwarblebumwarble Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got my free ship, used up the token but it was still asking me to claim my free ship. So I deleted the new ship to try again, but I can't afford it now.

So now my char is completely stuck and unable to do anything unless a GM does anything to help. As if there's any chance of that :(
  • desto4desto4 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    U Neeed To Read Every Dialog After Buy Ur Ship Then Switch To This And Do The Rest Of The Mission :d:d:d
  • gcjmgcjm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    none of these solutions have worked for me in fact the discharge of my ship cost me 15000 dillitium that i cant get back. i cant drop the mission it wont resolve with a shuttle and i cant progress WTF this is my 14th character and Ive never encountered a game breaking bug that cost me money until now. somebody please fix this

06/25/13.12:20 AM EDIT:

Resolved issue by using the request gm help button
    it took its time but it worked still cost me 15000 dillithium
  • kazumigatakazumigata Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the mission is bugged, I am playing a new Romulan toon and he's stuck with the mission not progressing past the ship selection part, I submitted a ticket and the steps that I was give DID NOT solve the problem, not sure if Perfect World has to go back into the CODE and find the problem, but I would not want others to get hit with this bug, mean while I did this mission once b4 when the Legacy went live and had no problems with it.
  • ysarndraxysarndrax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I too was stuck after selecting the correct ship AND completing all dialog properly (I have had this issue in the past). But today I couldn't get anything to work, until I blindly stumbled my way across this...

I went up to the ship request officer after dismissing the Dhelan that I was supposed to acquire, opened to her first menu, then closed the window without selecting anything and it resolved after that. Weird...bizarre...but it worked. Maybe this will help someone else.
  • zeroofcoolzeroofcool Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I encountered this bug the same as everyone else but what fixed it for me is I talked to the requisition officer again out of frustration and clicked Exit on the list of options instead of hitting the x to x out of it. It completed it for me. I also left to space logged out, logged in, and came back in, as well as just going out to space and back several times, i ALSO tried the "stuck" solution presented earlier in this guide but did NOT dismiss my tier 2 ship because I didnt want to lose it. Not sure if all those steps were relevant to the fix besides physically clicking the "Exit" option from the req officer but I included them anyway just in case. Try it out, I think its most likely that its just coded to require specific actions on the part of the person playing, perhaps clicking on that exit option is one of them. Idk. Good luck to anyone who has this issue, its a very frustrating one. Cryptic if you read this please make this fix a priority, minor glitches and bugs is one thing but something that can stop someone from progressing in the game can be very aggrivating and a bit angering.
  • xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem as the others, ticket #1,832,140 submitted. :rolleyes:

Edit: Choose Starship and Shuttle Requisition and then selected Exit as mentioned above and the mission resolved. Thank you @zeroofcool.
  • bumwarblebumwarble Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    After FOUR days I got an automated response suggesting that I drop the mission and try again.

That's the first thing I tried, but the "Drop Mission" box is greyed out! The only other option is to delete my char and start from scratch again.

Oh, they also helpfully suggested I report it as a bug, because apparently they don't know there's a problem despite all the other bug reports and this thread...
  • spc1spc1 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have the same problem, i am stuck and i can't pick a ship.
    :confused:

I have tryed everything mentioned above, it doesn't work.
    I guess GM will have to help me with this one, i created a ticket,
    Reference ID: 150105-000274
  • spc1spc1 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    By aborting mission for several times via "gm help/stuck" i can now progress in the mission, but centuron (Level 10) ships still require dilithium.
    But at least i can progress now. :)