test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Klingon faction eligible traits - Species

breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Klingon Discussion
Okay everyone, one of the problems with the new "Preset Philosophy" is that, thanks to removing trait selection from character creation, you have no idea what traits a species is eligible to choose for traits. Sure, you know you get the 4 shown, but what can you actually choose once you enter the game, rank up and/or respec?:confused:

Well, since the list is nowhere to be found in character creation, I'm going to do the work for you. Consider this my feedback on what is missing from character creation as well as a public service. Cheers! :D

Note: unlike the Romulan version, I will be posting one species at a time. I don't know about you, but this would end up as too much of a giant wall of text for me if I had to read it all at once. The Federation list will be worse still, which is why next on my list is the career trait list... but anyway, please no replies until I get the Alien species done. I am doing them in order of how they appear in the character creation list.

[Edit] The list of traits by career can be found here: Klingon faction eligible traits - Career.

Klingon

Required
---Species: Klingon +15% Physical Damage, +5 All Damage Resistance Rating, +5% All Energy Damage, +15% Crti Severity, +10% Threat Generation

Space
---Accurate Increases Ship Weapon Accuracy
---Astrophysicist +Starship Particle Generators, Flow Capacitors and Sensors
---Elusive Increases Defense
---Techie Increases Hull Repair (+Heal, +Regen)
---Warp Theorist +Warp Core Potential and EPS (+Subsystem Power, +Power Transfer Rate)

Ground
---Acute Senses +Perception, +Exploit Damage, +Res(Flanking)
---Aggressive Increases Damage and Threat Generation
---Covert +Stealth and Exploit Damage
---Creative +Damage on Kit Powers, +Healing on all powers
---Lucky +Critical Hit and Expose Chance
---Peak Health Toxic Damage Resist; Bonus Hitpoints
---Physical Strength Bonus Melee Damage
---Stubborn Resist Hold, Snare and Placate
---Sturdy Physical Damage Resist; Knockback Resist
---Sure Footed Knockback and Root Resist

*Note the ability to possess both Species: Klingon and Physical Strength
Ym9x9Ji.png
meimeitoo wrote: »
I do not like Geko ether.
iconians wrote: »
With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
Post edited by breadandcircuses on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Gorn

Required
    ---Species: Gorn Increased Physical damage and knockback. Provides moderate resistance to fire and minor resistance to plasma, energy, and physical damage.

Space
    ---Warp Theorist +Warp Core Potential and EPS (+Subsystem Power, +Power Transfer Rate)

Ground
    ---Bite Toxic Bite Attack
    ---Soldier Ranged Weapon Damage and Crit Severity

*Note that Elusive has been added since the revamp, and the information screen clarified to indicate the presence of Reptilian Strength (giving the benefit of the doubt and assuming it was there all along, just unlisted).
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Lethean

Required
    ---Species: Lethean On Ground: Click "Rapture" to deal Psionic damage with a 40% chance of stunning the target if it is alive; +10 Perception, +1.5% Expose Chance, +1 sec Expose Duration

Space
    ---Efficient Captain +Warp Core Efficieancy (+All Power Levels when low power)

Ground
    ---Mental Discipline +Res(Psionic); +Res(Confuse, Placate)
    ---Resilient Physical and Energy Damage Resistance
    ---Telekinetic +Knockbacks, Holds and Roots
    Ym9x9Ji.png
  • Options
    mondoidmondoid Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You do know that their trait pool changes with their professions?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Nausicaan

Required
    ---Species: Nausicaan On Ground: 0.15 bonus to Melee damage, 15% chance to knock down the target ofyour melee attacks; In Space: 0.02 bonus to all damage, +10 Perception

Space

Ground
    Ym9x9Ji.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Orion

Required
    Either:
    ---Species: Orion <Female> +20 Confuse Resistance Rating, -9.1% Threat Generation, +20 Placate Resistance Rating
    or
    ---Species: Orion <Male> Male: +15% Physical Damage, 15% chance: to target: Knocks back +0.66 meters; **only affects certain things (melee attacks)

Space

Ground
    ---Seduce Confuse Target
    Ym9x9Ji.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mondoid wrote: »
    You do know that their trait pool changes with their professions?
    ...which is why next on my list is the career trait list... but anyway, please no replies until I get the Alien species done

Yes, there are a set of 12 traits that are career-specific. As species does not affect their availability, I will not list them here but rather in a separate thread.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Alien

Required
    ---Species: Alien Your created species has enhanced flexibility inn trait selection. You do not have any required traits - instead, you gain one additional choice of traits.

Space
    ---Efficient Captain +Warp Core Efficieancy (+All Power Levels when low power)

Ground
    ---Cold Blooded Fire and Plasma Damage Resistance
    ---Natural Immunities Radiation and Toxic Damage Resistance
    ---Physical Strength Bonus Melee Damage
    ---Telekinesis Knock Back
    ---Telepathy Improved Perception; Improves Expose Chance and Duration
    Ym9x9Ji.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Okay everyone, that wraps up the Klingon faction species I have access to. I hope you find this helpful, especially those who plan on making a melee Gorn ;)

Comment at will!
    Ym9x9Ji.png
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You forgot Ferasans, Liberated Borg, and Joined Trill.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    patrickngo wrote: »
    Missed one : Ferasan.

Joined Trill and Liberated Borg Klingon as well; I don't personally have access to the premium species, but if you do I would welcome a listing for each of the three.

The easiest way is to click Quote on the Alien listing, then delete the traits that are unavailable and add the ones that are specific to a Ferasan, Joined Trill, or Liberated Borg. I would also suggesting deleting the QUOTE=ID_string and /QUOTE parts so we can clearly see that you deserve your propers ;)

Oh, and don't use any descriptions that appear in the character creation system, they tend to overstate the bonuses for ground traits. Instead, use the Trait tab once in-game.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
  • Options
    lambdabernlambdabern Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow in this new update every species in the game gets access to elusive except for the Gorn and Betazoids. Remans even get it along with their other space defense improving trait. Thnx c-bros I guess when I make my Gorn I'll just drink enough booze until I think techie is just as good.
    ---
    Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
  • Options
    vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited May 2013
    I am unsure if your list is accurate, there are some hidden traits that become unlocked if you use a certain trait. I think in reality there are more traits available than actually appear on that list.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lambdabern wrote: »
    Wow in this new update every species in the game gets access to elusive except for the Gorn and Betazoids. Remans even get it along with their other space defense improving trait. Thnx c-bros I guess when I make my Gorn I'll just drink enough booze until I think techie is just as good.

Yeah, Gorn kind of got shafted by the trait revamp. I actually just double-checked, and Betazoids are eligible to take Elusive, they just don't have it included in their presets. I really ought to start the Federation faction species list...
    vitzh wrote: »
    I am unsure if your list is accurate, there are some hidden traits that become unlocked if you use a certain trait. I think in reality there are more traits available than actually appear on that list.

This may be true. As I stated, the main problem with the "Preset Philosophy" is that we really don't know what traits a species has access to until we start the character and enter the game. This list was compiled based upon a create/respec/reference/delete cycle, therefore I do not have data regarding any traits that are unlocked by possessing prerequisite traits or advancing in level.

You may also be referring to the career traits that unlock at level 30, along with the powers they modify. The career-specific traits are listed separately and linked at the top of the thread.

I suppose I should also mention the traits and respec tokens from the Genetic Resequencer reward packs, but like career traits those are also not tied to species. They are obtainable from the Tal Shiar Lock Box or via the Exchange from those opening said lock box.

Oh, and first time you see Tour the Galaxy up, go complete it. That will unlock a trait that grants increased speed in sector space.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
  • Options
    lambdabernlambdabern Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was going off the old wiki entries for available traits and adding what they said was added to them in the release notes. So I guess Betazoids got it at some point earlier or he forgot to add it to the list. But seriously this means that the Gorn are the only race without elusive unless that wiki misled me even further(which would not surprise me), if so though I am at least 34% more butthurt. :p
    ---
    Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lambdabern wrote: »
    I was going off the old wiki entries for available traits and adding what they said was added to them in the release notes. So I guess Betazoids got it at some point earlier or he forgot to add it to the list. But seriously this means that the Gorn are the only race without elusive unless that wiki misled me even further(which would not surprise me), if so though I am at least 34% more butthurt. :p

The wiki is a work-in-progress at this point. As a result of how recent the release of Legacy of Romulus is and how many changes were made, there is a limited amount of updated information at this point. I would update it myself with some of this information, but honestly I am just not that good at their formatting system; it also didn't post the last update I tried making, so I figured something on the forum would be a stopgap method.

Really, putting trait selection (or at least an eligible trait list) back into character creation would be preferable, in my opinion. :D
    Ym9x9Ji.png