test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

To all those who gave their money to Cryptic...

124»

Comments

• Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hayato52 wrote: »
    The best thing to do now is be cautious with your wallet and who you give your money too...

That is the only thing these companies understand. Once they see they're profit margins dropping significantly they will do something about it to fix it trust me.

Or they'll find more clever ways of making you part with your wallet. Therefore, Suum Cuique applies here.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all those complaining that they bought a legacy pack or lifetime subscription etc... Hopefully you learn your lesson next time before giving your money to a company so easily.

You all work hard for your money and shouldn't be willing to throw it away so easily! I for one am glad I never poured a ton of money into this game for these very reasons!

I was very skeptical of the competence of cryptic and perfect world entertainment... IMO they have to earn my money by giving excellent customer service and a good product! They clearly didn't earn it here. They really FUBARD by not providing more servers ahead of time for this new expansion launch.

Then again perfect world entertainment is a cheap chinese company so what do you expect? I don't know who is in charge of servers whether its cryptic or PWE but whoever is in charge clearly doesn't care about they're customers and you all got screwed.

The best thing to do now is be cautious with your wallet and who you give your money too...

That is the only thing these companies understand. Once they see they're profit margins dropping significantly they will do something about it to fix it trust me.

Until then I say boycott any more purchases into this game with your wallet until you see action is taken to fix these issues promptly. That's the only way this will get resolved anytime soon...

You're making a rather huge (and in my case totally wrong) assumption that everyone who purchased the Legacy Pack, regrets their decision.

I am VERY satisfied with my purchase. I am honestly very impressed with the launch thus far. Why? Because through no interference on my part (blind luck, I gather) I have had no *major* issues with the launch. I have a moderate connection to the 'net through Comcast... I have a mid-range HP desktop that I bought last year. I have had very little lag. I've had no extended wait times in the queue (LTS here)... To be perfectly honest, my biggest complaint... is that they didn't address the color palette issue. :eek: :D

Aside from them bringing down the servers for maintenance to fix issues, that again, I wasn't experiencing, it's been very smooth for me. But, I'm also a 41 year old gamer that has been playing MMOs for a good decade or more now... ALL MMOs go through this. All of them... at least every one I have played. When there is an expansion, or update.. new players join, old players return to see the new shiny.. and server loads get bogged down. It happens, and it is NORMAL. But after a short period of time, the numbers go back to nearer to normal, and it's smooth sailing again.

So, yeah... I am happy with the LoR launch.. Is it perfect? Uh, NO... Did I expect it to? Uh, NO! Should you have known/expected/planned-for this.. probably so seeing as there were several very long threads by people such as myself that made posts to try to prepare those people , like yourself, that throw a hissy-fit over things that are really no big thing, in the long run.

Jolan'tru
  • Options
    amahoodamahood Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all those complaining that they bought a legacy pack or lifetime subscription etc... Hopefully you learn your lesson next time before giving your money to a company so easily.

You all work hard for your money and shouldn't be willing to throw it away so easily! I for one am glad I never poured a ton of money into this game for these very reasons!

I was very skeptical of the competence of cryptic and perfect world entertainment... IMO they have to earn my money by giving excellent customer service and a good product! They clearly didn't earn it here. They really FUBARD by not providing more servers ahead of time for this new expansion launch.

Then again perfect world entertainment is a cheap chinese company so what do you expect? I don't know who is in charge of servers whether its cryptic or PWE but whoever is in charge clearly doesn't care about they're customers and you all got screwed.

Until then I say boycott any more purchases into this game with your wallet until you see action is taken to fix these issues promptly. That's the only way this will get resolved anytime soon...

oh stop acting like a spoiled little bratty child.

cryptic, and STO deserve any money people put into it, they've built the greatest and most generous online game ever. And continue to add more awsome content and work hard!

This Romulus expansion has truly shown me that. So stop complaining and go back to school kiddo. Remember, if you ain't got anything good to say, don't say anything at all.

God Bless STO and Cryptic and Perfect games, and indeed All whom work so hard on the games people like You take for granted. sheesh.
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all you whiners threatening to quit:

''And nothing of value was lost.''

This expansion is absolutely great so far, any experienced MMO player knows that big releases rarely go without any difficulties, it's been like this in every MMO I've played so far, and that is a lot.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    karnackkarnack Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I don't work hard for my money so your argument is invalid.
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, it would be nice if Cryptic or PWE added more servers, BUT ( and i'm not pointing fingers here ) has anyone actually thought out the cost of what it wouldtake to support this many people in a networked environment.. At tandem Computer, we had only ten thousand people. But it took three server rooms the size of a super market to service them, and out network rooms were amazingly complex.. we arent looking at just going down the street and buying a cheap assed blade and a lil bitty cisco router. We're looking at several hundred mux boxes tied into the drop point feeding the central router and dmz before accessing the main servers. We're looking at a few million dollars of hardware, and the employee base to maintain it. I'm sure its Cryptics goal to be able to deliver that level of service on that scale, but for now, with what it costs to pay programmers and artists in silicon valley, I highly doubt they can do it..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haven't spent a cent since I found out that PW was hijacking Cryptic. I had tried a PW game before and never spent a cent on that one.

I got my LTS under Atari, so I kinda think PW didn't get anything other than a tight wad. :rolleyes:

I just use my stipend if i seriously want something. Not converting Dilith either. =p

But I am getting my money back via the stipend, so it's not all bad, PW is paying me to play. =3

Yeahhhh, I tried a couple of PW games before.. I was so impressed that if one wasnt named perfect world i wouldnt even remember it.. The other' forsaken world, is at least named appropriately if no less boring..
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am not a 'Lifetimer' but since when people complain on how OTHERS spend their money? You know, not everyone works at a car wash... Go troll somewhere else
  • Options
    talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My Popcorn is louder >< NOMNOMNOM
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a regret about the Legacy pack...

I regret I can't buy it!!! :D
  • Options
    notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have bought lifetime in Feb 2011 and didn't regret it. The monthly pay might have been expensive for a long run.
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    doomiciledoomicile Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And without whom STO would most likely not still be with us, with regular content updates and evolution of the game's system and mechanics.

While I question some of the balancing issues in PvP, I'm a proud lifer who periodically will throw down for a ship I like and some of the other promotional events.

So, to those who play STO and don't put a dime into it....... YOUR WELCOME.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    matter of fact, this tread if anything, has made me want to buy the Legacy pack even MORE; some out of spite, and some out of greed.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a3001 wrote: »
    matter of fact, this tread if anything, has made me want to buy the Legacy pack even MORE; some out of spite, and some out of greed.

Hear hear! I agree wholeheartedly.
  • Options
    johocroljohocrol Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    LoR doesn't end on Friday, you know? It's going to be here for years to come. The people who don't get to play right this moment aren't losing anything. You'd need to be fairly shortsighted to think that the people spending money did so just for a couple of days of play at launch. They're looking at a bigger picture.

If the movie you want to see is sold out this weekend you simply go and see another one and try and catch it next weekend. It's the same with games. :)

Thanks for the tip, call me when you're a grown up. I think Ill go dump ?180 on LOR. Why? Because I can. Sucks being a whining emo doesn't it.