test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

didn't get additional Character slot

vandelemmingenvandelemmingen Member Posts: 50 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hello,

as the title sais me and a friend didn't get the additional character slot, that should be granted with the launch of LoR.

When there was a demo availible for free we did create our accounts. they were still there when the game went free to play and we had 3 Character slots, i guess because it counted as some kind of expired gold account or something. anyways we both did create a fed and 2 klingon chars and want to try romulan too but didn't get an additional character slot. is this a bug or intentional? is there a chance to get the additinal slot or do we need to buy new slots ourselfes or delete one char?

thanks.
Post edited by vandelemmingen on

Comments

• shaaktieshaaktie Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have the same problem
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    If you are a Silver Member, your base free slot count is 3.

If you are a Gold Member, your base free slot count is 4. ((However! If you stop subscribing and have not used your 4th character slot, you will loose that 4th free slot -- if you already have a character occupying it, you will not be locked out of it. Also, if you delete a character while unsubscribed (Silver status), you won't be able to make a new one as you will loose that 4th free slot. ))

A few other notes:

If you played a trial account and never subscribed after, but came back after F2P launched, that would make you a Silver Member, which would mean you would have 3 total. Your trial account may have had 3, but once we went F2P, that changed to 2. Had you deleted one of your characters after F2P launched, you would have not been able to make a third character again. You were granted an extra slot yesterday, but you're not seeing an actual additional slot because you already have a 3rd character and that new slot is now officially unlocked in the spot that your third character is in.

Hope that helps make more sense of how slots work :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What if your a lapsed gold account member who preordered, played beta, and has 7 characters? Do you get 2 open slots?
    edited May 2013
    polie05 wrote: »
    What if your a lapsed gold account member who preordered, played beta, and has 7 characters? Do you get 2 open slots?

A lapsed Gold Member has a base of 4 slots, including the additional given yesterday.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • vandelemmingenvandelemmingen Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013

If you are a Gold Member (lapsed or current), your base free slot count is 4.

If you played a trial account and never subscribed after, but came back after F2P launched, that would make you a Silver Member, which would mean you would have 3 total. Your trial account may have had 3, but once we went F2P, that changed to 2. Had you deleted one of your characters after F2P launched, you would have not been able to make a third character again. You were granted an extra slot yesterday, but you're not seeing an actual additional slot because you already have a 3rd character and that new slot is now officially unlocked in the spot that your third character is in.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

ok, thanks, that helps a lot. but the bold part seems strange, because we had only a fed char in the trial. When STO went F2P we returned and found our accounts with a fed char and 2 open slots. we created a klingon when the fed char was high enough and created the 2nd klingon a while after our first klingons reached lvl 50... so i guess it was a bug that the 3rd slot wasn't deleted during the conversion.

thanks for the info though
  • egreywalker2egreywalker2 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what if you have three characters, but only one of them is "active"? i have three characters on my free account, but am only able to play one of them, as the others are labeled "inactive" and cannot be selected.
  • zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited May 2013

If you are a Gold Member (lapsed or current), your base free slot count is 4.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Still confused!

Does this mean, because i bought additional slots i don't get a free character slot now?

I have 6 Character (5 FED/1 KDF) and a free slot, i already had before the launch. If i make a Romulan now (using my last free slot), will there be a new free slot added, or don't i get one.

If that is the case, this is like betrayal. Others get for free, what i paid for. Why should i ever buy anything out of the Store, especially character slots, ever again. Would be like to twit myself.
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
    edited May 2013
    zeratk wrote: »
    Still confused!

Does this mean, because i bought additional slots i don't get a free character slot now?

I have 6 Character (5 FED/1 KDF) and a free slot, i already had before the launch. If i make a Romulan now (using my last free slot), will there be a new free slot added, or don't i get one.

If that is the case, this is like betrayal. Others get for free, what i paid for. Why should i ever buy anything out of the Store, especially character slots, ever again. Would be like to twit myself.

No, just because you purchased slots does not mean you don't get the additional free slot. How many slots are you currently using for Foundry characters (under the "create content" tab)? Were you ever a Gold Member in the past?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited May 2013
    I have never been a gold member.
    I have a Foundry Toon, but momentarily the Content Tab is greyed out.

I created this account using a trial version. Just created one toon. I came back after STO got F2P. Two times i purchased two additional character slots. I had a total of 7 slots before the launch of LoR. When i bought the slots it was not clear that we would get an additional extra free slot, so i never used the seventh character slot. Last week it was still pictured as one free slot left. Still is.
    edited May 2013
    I have never been a gold member.
    I have a Foundry Toon, but momentarily the Content Tab is greyed out.

I created this account using a trial version. Just created one toon. I came back after STO got F2P. Two times i purchased two additional character slots. I had a total of 7 slots before the launch of LoR. When i bought the slots it was not clear that we would get an additional extra free slot, so i never used the seventh character slot. Last week it was still pictured as one free slot left. Still is.

So, since you have never been gold, you get 3 free slots -- you have bought 2 slot packs (4 total), you should only have 7 slots (not counting your 1 Foundry character) -- so it sounds correct. Check out my comment on the page back towards the top of the of this thread regarding trial accounts, as that will answer you question :) So technically, you received your extra slot, but that slot just officially unlocked the extra that wasn't taken away after your trial.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited May 2013
    So, since you have never been gold, you get 3 free slots -- you have bought 2 slot packs (4 total), you should only have 7 slots (not counting your 1 Foundry character) -- so it sounds correct. Check out my comment on the page back towards the top of the of this thread regarding trial accounts, as that will answer you question :) So technically, you received your extra slot, but that slot just officially unlocked the extra that wasn't taken away after your trial.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

And there you explain:

I just had one toon during the trials. And i just had one toon, when i came back after STO got F2P! I deleted none of my toons. (I never had three toons before it got F2P) You are telling that i only would have two slots then, but i had three! Nothing got removed. And i had them all the time. And i played and planned this way. I awaited an additional slot now. You advertised it.
    I understand your explantion, but nonetheless i still feel betrayed (...again), because this hadn't been my fault, nor did i ever tought about there to be a problem.

This way i won't buy any character slot in the future.
  • theparanoidtheparanoid Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And there you explain:

I just had one toon during the trials. And i just had one toon, when i came back after STO got F2P! I deleted none of my toons. (I never had three toons before it got F2P) You are telling that i only would have two slots then, but i had three! Nothing got removed. And i had them all the time. And i played and planned this way. I awaited an additional slot now. You advertised it.
    I understand your explantion, but nonetheless i still feel betrayed (...again), because this hadn't been my fault, nor did i ever tought about there to be a problem.

This way i won't buy any character slot in the future.

you feel betrayed because you an extra free slot before and did get a second extra free slot?

I mean sounds like you had extra slot for several months. Just because you did no release it those not change the fact. it like feeling betray because I say I give you 2 dollars and i mistakenly give you 3. Then I say Give you an dollor for a total of 3. And you holding out your hand for another dollar when you all ready got the 3 dollar you where promised.
  • adaephondelatadaephondelat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too didn't get an additional character slot. I am Silver Member and purchased character slots 2 times. Before LoR launch i had 5 characters and one free slot. This free slot was consumed by the Romulan i created shortly after the update went live. Since then the create new character button is greyed out. I believe i have one foundry toon. Does this consume one of the character slots?