test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Beards on Romulans

lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Art of Star Trek Online
So I noticed that I can't put beards or any sort of facial hair on Romulans or my Liberated Borg Romulan. Looked all over and I can't see the drop down menu for it. Can we get this put in please? I'd really love to have a nice beard on my Lib Rommie. It kind of busts my concept for him without it.

On a side note, can we please get the undo/redo buttons back in the creator? It's rather annoying without them.

Thanks. :)
JWZrsUV.jpg
Mine Trap Supporter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes to all of this.
  • Options
    carloshadadcarloshadad Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a concept in mind before LOR went live that utilised a beard as well as the "combed down angled" hairstyle (both of which seem to be visible on Romulan NPCs around the flotilla).

After playing through the tutorial as a Romulan, I went back and rolled an Alien with the customisation options I had in mind. It's a bit of a pain seeing Alien underneath your character instead of Romulan but I just justified the choice under the pretext of playing as a half Romulan.

I might end up kicking myself if they add those options latter, but I just wanted to dive in and play with the concept I'd already created than wait for an update that might never come.
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If Vulcans can grow beard (link to canon examples (at the end of the page)) then Romulans should be able to as well.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a concept in mind before LOR went live that utilised a beard as well as the "combed down angled" hairstyle (both of which seem to be visible on Romulan NPCs around the flotilla).

After playing through the tutorial as a Romulan, I went back and rolled an Alien with the customisation options I had in mind. It's a bit of a pain seeing Alien underneath your character instead of Romulan but I just justified the choice under the pretext of playing as a half Romulan.

I might end up kicking myself if they add those options latter, but I just wanted to dive in and play with the concept I'd already created than wait for an update that might never come.

I hear ya. I was very tempted to do this myself, but wanted to play a Lib Borg Rom too much. I'll just put a beard on him when they add them in. Yeah that's right, when and not if. I'll keep bringing this up until I get mah beard haha!

But yeah it's a bit of a buzzkill since my whole concept was a grizzled ex-Borg refugee drifting from colony to colony since even other Romulans don't trust him due to his connection to the collective. What kind of grizzled refugee doesn't have a scruffy beard? Shaving is totally not a priority when you're just trying to survive. For now though I've just played it off as D'Tan made him shave upon joining the Republic. Once I get some beards though I'll tell D'Tan to get bent and grow out a beard anyway. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes to the op, totally.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    carloshadadcarloshadad Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    I hear ya. I was very tempted to do this myself, but wanted to play a Lib Borg Rom too much. I'll just put a beard on him when they add them in. Yeah that's right, when and not if. I'll keep bringing this up until I get mah beard haha!

But yeah it's a bit of a buzzkill since my whole concept was a grizzled ex-Borg refugee drifting from colony to colony since even other Romulans don't trust him due to his connection to the collective. What kind of grizzled refugee doesn't have a scruffy beard? Shaving is totally not a priority when you're just trying to survive. For now though I've just played it off as D'Tan made him shave upon joining the Republic. Once I get some beards though I'll tell D'Tan to get bent and grow out a beard anyway. :P

Indeed, I imagine there are many like us who value concept over simply rolling any old character and playing. I just didn't want to play as a character I wasn't completely invested in. I'm happy the alien generator is there to overcome this problem though (to an extent at least). To be honest, I'm satisfied with the fact we have a Romulan faction. That I had to go Alien to get the look I wanted isn't bothering me too much. Still would be nice if we could have more choice in terms of customisation.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was posting this request all through Beta, I had an evil Spock idea floating in my head, but nope. Pretty much every male Rom preset has a 5 O'clock shadow, Vulcan's have full beard options so are we assuming that because Romulans have gained ridged foreheads they've lost the ability to grow facial hair?
    Come on guys give us facial hair options for Male Romulans and while you're at it put back the friggin undo button.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    thepopeofbeersthepopeofbeers Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Beards would be fantastic. More hairstyles, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    farginaut#6835 farginaut Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, yes yes. Beards need to be added for Romulans. Maybe it's just a missing line from character editor like the vanishing of Gorn "Physique" slider. If so, hoping they both get fixed soon.
  • Options
    canisanubiscanisanubis Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Romulans already have beards: Romulan women.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I see what you did there.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    ascaladarascaladar Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Elves do not grow beards. :D
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ascaladar wrote: »
    Elves do not grow beards. :D
    Ahem, Vulcans have beards and they are a lot more elvish....
    I hoping it's just an oversight that this option is missing. Sure through all of the series Romulans were shown clean shaven but then those Romulans were members of very strict organizations, our Romulans are supposedly rough and tumble renegades thrown into the fray due to the loss of their colony, it would be entirely appropriate for them to look a great deal more scruffy.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nynik wrote: »
    If Vulcans can grow beard (link to canon examples (at the end of the page)) then Romulans should be able to as well.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    I was posting this request all through Beta, I had an evil Spock idea floating in my head, but nope. Pretty much every male Rom preset has a 5 O'clock shadow, Vulcan's have full beard options so are we assuming that because Romulans have gained ridged foreheads they've lost the ability to grow facial hair?
    Come on guys give us facial hair options for Male Romulans and while you're at it put back the friggin undo button.
    Beards would be fantastic. More hairstyles, too.

So Say We All

Would be nice if Orions got beard options too; for the men that is :D
  • Options
    elora13elora13 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I noticed that I can't put beards or any sort of facial hair on Romulans or my Liberated Borg Romulan. [...] Can we get this put in please?

For what matters, I want Romulans to have beards too! :cool:
    On a side note, can we please get the undo/redo buttons back in the creator?

And this.

Thanks again. ;)
  • Options
    aidan2092aidan2092 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry to do this I wouldn't mind getting a beard on my Liberated Borg. But what i want really... is more costume choices what the hell man, there's like nothing all the choices kinda suck. The Romulan Fed outfit is eh, ok for a bit. The 22nd Century Romulan outfit is pretty nice but still needs more add'd to it. But still I would like more costume choices I mean come on! Thats all I had to say.

Oh on a side note I love having three... yea that's right three borg officers xD so epic Borg Pre-order Engineer, Reman Borg Tactical Officer and Romulan Borg Science Officer.. oh and me Liberated Romulan Borg Engineer also lol.
    Protecting the Federation since February 2010.
  • Options
    mccarronxldmccarronxld Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I support beards for Romulans! And Romulan hairstyles for other species! :D
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I support beards for Romulans! And Romulan hairstyles for other species! :D

Me as well!
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do not want beards on female Romulans!
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Firstly Elves who do not belong in this game anyway DO have beards (all mammals do)
    The beardless "feminine " elf is a construct of later Rpgs
    Thrandul king of elves in tolkien was bearded
    Norse elves are bearded
    etc etc

Secondly Orion males should have hair they Shave it its not naturally missing

The same as the bolts in the skull added by their mothers when they are children to reduce their intelligence and independance

Thirdly Romulans NEED beards at the moment most of them look 13
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    acidfluxxbassacidfluxxbass Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe they don't grow beards? :P

They're pretty obsessed with their hairlines and stuff, maybe they don't like beards xD
  • Options
    nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    Firstly Elves who do not belong in this game anyway DO have beards (all mammals do)
    The beardless "feminine " elf is a construct of later Rpgs
    Thrandul king of elves in tolkien was bearded
    Norse elves are bearded
    etc etc

Secondly Orion males should have hair they Shave it its not naturally missing

The same as the bolts in the skull added by their mothers when they are children to reduce their intelligence and independance

Thirdly Romulans NEED beards at the moment most of them look 13

Indeed-:cool:
    Maybe they don't grow beards? :P

They're pretty obsessed with their hairlines and stuff, maybe they don't like beards xD

Maybe some 30+ years ago
    Maybe by now they feel the need to express themself differently :P

Join The Fight For More Hair and Beard Options!!!

No Longer Shall we be Forced to be Clean Shaven!!!
  • Options
    andyxvers2andyxvers2 Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i would love to put a little "Gomez Addams" mustache on Tovan Khev.
  • Options
    kingstonalankingstonalan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bring the beard!!!!!!!
  • Options
    sharksinspacesharksinspace Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All hail the great and powerful biker beard!

Just imagine Hiven looking like a member of ZZ Top.
  • Options
    thewolfsterthewolfster Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why hasn't this been fixed yet? :D
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    farginaut#6835 farginaut Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tmassx wrote: »

Yes. See how happy he is that he has beard too.

Beard = Happiness

;;D