test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't use legacy pack ships due to Lack of ship slots

nitehawk27nitehawk27 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Romulan Discussion
Just was wondering, how are we supposed to use the pack ships, especially the low level ones, when it won't let us unpack them due to us not having the ship slots. I would really like to use my T1 refit before i out level it, so is there something i missed or do i have to buy ship slots (which would make me rather mad)?
Post edited by nitehawk27 on

Comments

• Options
    prospro963prospro963 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nitehawk27 wrote: »
    Just was wondering, how are we supposed to use the pack ships, especially the low level ones, when it won't let us unpack them due to us not having the ship slots. I would really like to use my T1 refit before i out level it, so is there something i missed or do i have to buy ship slots (which would make me rather mad)?
    No, there's nothing you missed - I have the same problem. 1 ship slot with the T1 basic ship in it & I can't equip the T'varo because I don't have enough ship slots available & I can't dismiss the basic T1 because it's the only ship available to me :(

Not impressed ...
  • Options
    loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as with any ship pack bundle or bought one by one you must get your own ship slot for it or discard old ship one you can reclaim via c store the only time you will get free ship slots is for reaching a new rank
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    as with any ship pack bundle or bought one by one you must get your own ship slot for it or discard old ship one you can reclaim via c store the only time you will get free ship slots is for reaching a new rank
    So, as the OP said, you can't actually fly the T1 ship unless you either progress to the T2 ships & get given another ship slot, or you spend money on Zen & buy slots out of the C-Store? Is that what you are saying?

So, by the same reckoning, having just spent $125 on the legacy Pack, I have to spend more money to buy additional ship slots to use one of the ships?
  • Options
    leonick1991leonick1991 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, I just opened my T'varo pack and went and set it as my active ship as soon as I got to fleet. Didn't have to dismiss the T'liss or anything.

Want to change the forum timezone? Go here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=editoptions
    The user control panel is for some reason missing a link to general options here on the STO forum.
  • Options
    loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    prospro963 wrote: »
    So, as the OP said, you can't actually fly the T1 ship unless you either progress to the T2 ships & get given another ship slot, or you spend money on Zen & buy slots out of the C-Store? Is that what you are saying?

So, by the same reckoning, having just spent $125 on the legacy Pack, I have to spend more money to buy additional ship slots to use one of the ships?

basically yes you do the legacy and starter packs never said you get free ship slots with the pack just ships the saving is balanced out by the amount of ship slots you would need for all the ships still cheaper then buying c store then ship slot however you get titles boff slots ships in the pack but as details showed no ship slots
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    :) that'll teach me ...

Managed to fix the problem by discharging the scorpion, which I'd opened first, before the T'Varo.

Now have a spare slot available to open & equip the T'Varo.

Happy bunny again
  • Options
    a2ndelta322a2ndelta322 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, unpack scorpion, discharge scorpion, use extra slot for T'varo? Thanks for figuring this out. Was a little concerned for a moment. Gonna jump into my shiny new T'varo after work! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    basically yes you do the legacy and starter packs never said you get free ship slots with the pack just ships the saving is balanced out by the amount of ship slots you would need for all the ships still cheaper then buying c store then ship slot however you get titles boff slots ships in the pack but as details showed no ship slots
    With the greatest of respect, loverofwars, you are talking b*******

The Legacy Pack gave me 1 BOFF, yet I have 8 BOFF slots to put him in ... yes, I am lost with the sheer number of BOFF slots available to me as a new character. Thankfully, I don't have to fret about which one I put him in, as the game very kindly chooses one for me.

The pack also gave me 9 (count them ... 9) ships. Now, I will admit that I can only fly 2 of those 9 @ the level of a new character but I only have ONE slot to put them both in ...

There is something wrong with that ...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So, unpack scorpion, discharge scorpion, use extra slot for T'varo? Thanks for figuring this out. Was a little concerned for a moment. Gonna jump into my shiny new T'varo after work! :D
    Yep, that worked for me ... I'd check & make sure but the game's d/c'd on me & I can't get back in. They've tweeted that they are looking into it *twiddles thumbs in anticipation*

It also means that if you want to fly both the T'varo & the scorpion before you level up, you'll also have to discharge the T'Liss ... or take the advice of others in this thread & spend more money :(
  • Options
    tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the single ship slot issue something non-paying players are experiencing, or do all Rommies start with only one slot? That would be unacceptable to me, as a lifer.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • Options
    bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tiekosora wrote: »
    Is the single ship slot issue something non-paying players are experiencing, or do all Rommies start with only one slot? That would be unacceptable to me, as a lifer.
    It's a Silver thing. Lifers should have tons of ship slots by default.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • Options
    nitrous82nitrous82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once you get to level 5 all your ship slots are unlocked and you can open your ships, worked for me that way anyway.
  • Options
    cptshephardcptshephard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    prospro963 wrote: »

Huh. I used my T'varo through level 10. When I double clicked on the box upon reaching the Romulan Flotilla it added it to my ship selections with no trouble.
  • Options
    geolagergeolager Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow, I was gonna buy the Rom starter pack for some extra ships, but that seems kind of a deal breaker as a silver player.

Why buy the starter pack when you're pretty much barred from using it until level 10?

It should at least include 1 ship slot.
  • Options
    vikingbloodedvikingblooded Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why in the world would you even bother with z-store ships prior to the 45-50 range unless said ship comes with a beast console? Seriously, you're going to level too fast for it to even be worth it. You might as well have just waited until you hit 50 then bought the ships that were actually useful.
    RLTW
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cuz they got them as part of the Legacy pack, and so if you've already got it, why not? But yeah, daftness to specifically buy those things.

But apparently, some people opened their shuttle first, but since they had not reached any of the shuttle misisions, were not given a slot for their shuttle, and thus were unable to open the second ship because it was clogged with the shuttle they shouldn't have.

Conclusion: Dump the shuttle, you can reclaim it later when you're supposed to actually have it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    psiqonlinepsiqonline Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grabbing and getting the pack ships worked just fine,
    from after where u can actually change a ship on the flottilla.
    Before that (Tutorial) u just cant change the ship and cant acticvate it, but theres no real diffrence to the standard ship anyways.. so i used the first pack ship as soon as possible, and now im currently using the second one (bigger warbird thingy, forgot the name)..
    so no problems on my side. Cant really "use" the scorpion by now anyways.. or well, i guess you "could" ;-)

And since u can reclaim all those pack ships it really doesnt matter to dismiss one. And i wont shed one single tear to having dismissed the starter ship.