test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy Pack Price Increase [The price has now increased]

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
Take advantage of the Legacy Pack's limited-time pricing NOW as prices are set to go up on (date extended!*) Thursday, June 6th, 2013, at 11:59AM PDT! Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.

*Was originally planned to go up on Friday, 5/31.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• jkirk13jkirk13 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope this wasn't the news you promised us this morning, Branflakes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    jkirk13 wrote: »
    I hope this wasn't the news you promised us this morning, Branflakes.

Dev Blogs have the words "Dev Blog" in their titles. Here was my quote:
    ...2 blogs should be going up today, along with some other news.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, at least people can still save money when buying the packs after the price increase.

I'm still contemplating if I should get the Legacy Pack... I could save up for it.... but I already got the Starter Pack. And I would have to wait and not puchase anything from the big pack while leveling... oh cruel fate.... :o
  • gabesoutogabesouto Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Legacy Pack: bought it yesterday. Now, just waiting.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the heads up.

I'm afraid I'm not in a position to afford either of these packs, but know that if I could, I would totally get a Legacy Pack. Good stuff.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    even tho i'm not entirely happy with how the romulan 'faction' turns out. I still indeed purchased a legacy pack. the ships are just simply awesome. if anything at least i'll enjoy flying them all!! :)
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Glad that isnt the news as need a dev blog or two to read tomorrow at work before the update
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey, at least they won't be full price even then! (I still don't have extra cash available to buy either one...)
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bought the starter pack when released. Was not interested in half the ships in the legacy pack, and would have been a waste of money.
    This way I'll save even more by just buying the ships I want ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• jculbertjculbert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I Bought the legacy pack and can not wait to start!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.fleet7.com
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm glad to have got my Legacy Pack, for once impulsiveness wins! :)
    signwidrona.png
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still staying away from the Legacy Pack.

What Cryptic should have done was release packs according to best fit to captain career. Release heavy engineering ships in a "Romulan Repair" pack, heavily slanted science ships in a "Romulan Researcher" pack, and tactical ships in a "Romulan Revenge" pack (that last one, couldn't think of something starting with "R").
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Jolan'tru

One day.. and the Alpha Quadrant is ours! ;) Um..

Viduus au paeti & Glohhaasi' mnekha!!!
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still staying away from the Legacy Pack.

What Cryptic should have done was release packs according to best fit to captain career. Release heavy engineering ships in a "Romulan Repair" pack, heavily slanted science ships in a "Romulan Researcher" pack, and tactical ships in a "Romulan Revenge" pack (that last one, couldn't think of something starting with "R").

There's not that many C-Store ships. Not few, but not that many.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought some low level c-store Fed ships, which I will use to level my Romulan avatar. I have plans on buying a Romulan level 50 c-store ship, Romulan clothing, inventory slots, and bank slots. :)

As for these two Romulan Packs, I think their contents are topnotch. I wish I had to extra cash. lol... :D
  • firetrekkiefiretrekkie Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wish I could get it: I really hate being poor :(
  • cocomoe1cocomoe1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The whole point of a lifetime subscription was to avoid charges for the lifetime of the game. Those who said we were compensated pretty well, I call shenanigans. We had to sit through the lack of content for the first year, watch out subscriptions mean nothing when they went to play for little. I can say we took a risk on a game, and we lost. Lifetime subscriptions mean nothing and with hindsight being 20/20 I think I probably would not do it with what I know now.
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol @ 'increase'
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cocomoe1 wrote: »
    The whole point of a lifetime subscription was to avoid charges for the lifetime of the game.

Really? Because it never included that, during the entire lifetime of the game.

The store has been around since the beginning.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • rajathomasrajathomas Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well....it does appear to me lifers are not getting their just do. They should receive a break on anything like this, instead they are treated like your typical player, that is wrong.
    izf25xI.jpg
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So is this pack ever gonna come to the C-store as a bundle, even at the increased price?
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rajathomas wrote: »
    Well....it does appear to me lifers are not getting their just do. They should receive a break on anything like this, instead they are treated like your typical player, that is wrong.

Not really. The Lifetime Sub gives you the same 500 Zen stipend as any other Gold Member (please refrain from making Austin Powers references for the moment), which equates to a running discount on anything you buy from the Zen Store. Heck, if you had saved up the last two months of Zen, you would be able to never pay a dime beyond the Lifetime Sub and still get a Fleet Mogai Retrofit, complete with a matching Mogai console set bonus. Actually, saving up in advance just makes it faster, you could still do it even if you started now.

(1) Buy the Mogai right out of the gate for 1000 Zen. This assumes you saved up ahead of time; if not, wait 2 months and start the process then.
    (2) Use its console on whatever VA ship you get with the VA Ship Token you get as a Gold Member, for 4 months or so.
    (3) Buy the Mogai Retrofit after than for 2000 Zen. Use both Mogai consoles on your Mogai Retrofit for the set bonus, for about a month or so.
    (4) Buy a Fleet Ship Module for 500 Zen and then buy a Fleet Mogai Retrofit, and move your console set over to that. This assumes that they maintain the discount for owning the C-Store variant of the Fleet ship, of course.

If you don't like the Mogai, you can always get one of the other pairs of ships instead. It may add or reduce the overall Zen cost, but the Dilithium Exchange can help with that as well. I, for one, have saved up 5000 Zen over the past couple months specifically to buy the ships I want to get, because I just knew I would want them.

I have been considering the Starter Pack anyway... not a bad price for the two ships and the boff, especially since the boff adds 2 boff slots to your Romulan characters. See Legacy of Romulus - Starter Pack
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So is this pack ever gonna come to the C-store as a bundle, even at the increased price?

Sadly, it doesn't look like it. From the Legacy and Starter Pack FAQ page:

Q: Will either of the packs actually be sold in the C-Store?
    A: No, the packs are and will only be available for purchase via our Legacy and Starter Pack overview page here.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sadly, it doesn't look like it. From the Legacy and Starter Pack FAQ page:

Q: Will either of the packs actually be sold in the C-Store?
    A: No, the packs are and will only be available for purchase via our Legacy and Starter Pack overview page here.

Damn. Can't afford to spend even more for a while, but put that bundle in the shop at even 15k zen and I couldn't buy it fast enough.
  • russkulykrusskulyk Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm surprised there aren't more people complaining about the price. A game used to cost around $60 and included everything. Now with MMO's we pay and pay and pay to keep playing. A pack comes out for more ships, costumes etc and one would think an add on to a game should be around $15 or so, maybe $30 like a sims expansion.
    When you start charging hundreds of dollars for a pack, then later they will likely release the Scimitar for hundreds of dollars in Lobi Crystals.
    It seems it's just me unless they delete these kinds of posts, but I think Cryptic is charging too much.
    When I later see a Romulan with Survivor of Romulus, lifetime subscription and a Lobi Crytal ship I will shake my head and think of just how much he had to spend to get there.
  • cronkstarcronkstar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    HOW CAN THEY Gripe bout price they can't even play....

You know i just started playing this game......i spent a little money not much mind you.
    i was worried bout wasting cash, don't have alot i'm kinda poor.

that was four days ago now......i can NOT GET INTO MY SHIP!

AND U TRIBBLE HEADS SIT HERE chatting away bout how much you like it here with the "GOLD" card LIKE EVERYTHING IS FINE.

When you bought that thing it just gave u a right to cut in front of everyone......20k+ peeps

Don't know bout yall but ill never spend another dime on this.

I've been in a que line for 3 hour's and 45 mins

by the time i get too play i got to go too work...but thanks fer all the laughs :mad:
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Update! The new price increase date is Thursday, June 6th, 2013, at 11:59AM PDT, instead of this Friday, 5/31.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • jkirk13jkirk13 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update! The new price increase date is Thursday, June 6th, 2013, at 11:59AM PDT, instead of this Friday, 5/31.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. You all have had problem after problem with the release and how do you reward your loyal customers for sticking with the game? By extending an opportunity to spend REAL MONEY to get items in game. This make no sense!!!

I am usually the first one on my fleet to speak up in Cryptic's defense about almost everything but I can't really do it in this case. In Neverwinter you had a problem with the exchange and fixed it very quickly then you gave everyone items in game for free as a thank you for the wait. You need to do the same thing here. This is a much bigger problem and a much bigger audience.

So please throw us a bone. Give us some Lock Box keys, Zen points, or some special items and uniforms. We would all appreciate it and it would go a long way to smooth things over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I disagree. It makes perfect sense for them to extend the discount of the packs. The whole point was to let people play with LoR for a little bit to see if they wanted to buy a pack. Because of the outages, people in certain timezones haven't been able to play with the game as much as they hoped. They may not have had enough time to form a conclusion as to whether they wanted to buy a pack or not. By extending the discount it allows those people a longer time frame to make their decision. Had they kept the original deadline it would have punished those who might have wanted a pack but couldn't play enough because of the outages. I think it's a good decision on Cryptic's part tbh.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gotta agree with jkirk13 here. With all of the recent problems for STO, a formal apology from Dan Stahl should be the MINIMUM requirement, possibly a "Thank you for playing" pack in the FIXED mail inboxes as well.
This discussion has been closed.