Install Arc
Options

Welcome to the Recruitment Home of the 88th Fleet

2»

Comments

• Options
    vashfan17vashfan17 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi, I'm totally new to MMOs and STO. I'm trying to sort the whole "fleet" thing out (and will need a lot of help to start with). How many people are in it and when you usually play? How old are you guys? My schedule is kind of crazy, and I'm not sure how much I can dedicate on a regular (weekly) basis to this game and your web site says you have weekly meetings.

I'm mostly looking for a group to hang out with when I can find time to play and who will give me pointers about how all the stuff in the game works. People to talk to and seek advice from. Right now I don't care much about Tiers and stuff (possibly because I have no idea what that is all about anyway). I'm still working my first character through the Romulan episode arc and desperately fighting the urge to make other characters before I finish doing that (and it is a lot of learn as I go). I don't know what I can contribute or how yet (again, I don't really understand how that part works). I don't want to get tied up in worrying about it or feeling like I have to get online and do my "job" because I'm afraid at that point the game will stop being fun and become work.

I'm reading a lot of fleet descriptions and trying to figure out what each fleet is about, but a lot of it is still confusing to me.

I'm:
    • Over 40
    • Not offended by foul language, but also don't think that four letter words are the subjects, verb, adjectives, and adverbs, that belong in every sentence
    • Someone who is not proficient with nor particularly enjoys "text speak"
    • Someone who expects to enjoy a certain amount of role play, but who also likes flying around blasting stuff and story arc
    • Someone who gets disgusted at min-maxing builds and such after a certain point
    • Probably more interest in PvE than PvP (having had to learn what those abbreviations mean)
    • Assuming that Team Speak and Mumble are some kind of application which allows people to use headsets to actually talk to each other but I don't know for sure.
    • Not a hard-core Trek nut, but grew up on TOS and TNG. I've always had a thing for Romulans (don't know if it was the cloaking thing or the fact they weren't the Klingons that everyone else seemed to like or what). However, I have not made a formal background for my character b/c I didn't want to get anything "wrong."
    • Will probably end up making several characters because in other non MMO RPG and video game settings (EX: Skyrim), that's what I tend to do. I kind of expect to have a Klingon-Romulan, a UFP-Romulan, a KDF person or two, and probably a UFP character in order to play with builds, story arcs, etc.
    • Not interested in a fleet that's going to be here one minute, gone the next;
    • Not sure how interested I'm going to be in rank structures, etc.

Anyway, thanks for listening.
    t/p/o T'Valix (Male Rom-Fed Science in Federation Assassins)
    t/p/o Kontovar (Male Lethean Engineer in Imperial Assassins)
    t/p/o Mira (Female Rom-KDF Tactical)
    t/p/o Kreela (Female Ferengi Science in United Solar Legion)
    t/p/o Star-Astra (Female Alien-Fed Tactical)
  • Options
    lunamoon5lunamoon5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hope im not rude when i say this, but do you guys know how long i was looking for a fleet for my romulus ( not that long only a few weeks) its hard but saw and applied so ><" hope i get the okay you guys seem like a awsome bunch