test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Square shadow in front of character

fyyarprydefyyarpryde Member Posts: 16 Arc User
This is probably a minor graphics bug, but I get a random square shadow that appears in front of my character that is not so much a problem as annoying.

The shadow appears roughly 30% of the time I load in a ground area. It is stationary on the screen (tied to character movement and facing) and appears 3 meters away superimposed on top of the environment.

This is the only graphical bug I've seen since October and everything else is fine. Graphics maxed out though. Divers are up to date ect.

I searched the forum for such an issue but found no posts/threads relating to such a bug. It is pretty minor and not that important...
Post edited by fyyarpryde on

Comments

• tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    Could you get a screenshot?
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • fyyarprydefyyarpryde Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I sure can. I don't know why I haven't done that yet.

Watch it not happen when I want it too.

Also, since it has happened on holodeck and tribble, would that matter/be important? I guess it won't matter much on Tuesday.

EDIT: One from Earth Space Dock, two from Drozana Station, and one from Romulan Flotilla.

http://imgur.com/a/dWz31#0
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    :::channels Spock:::

. . . Intriguing.

I'll pass it on to the graphics dudes. No clue what that is or why it's doing it. However, I don't see it in the ESD shot?
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do. Looming over the fountain and most of the floor.
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    edited May 2013
    felderburg wrote: »
    You're being followed by the Borg!

:eek: Oh noes!

Maybe be caused by my Nvidia GTX 680 card? Since it doesn't happen all the time, I don't know. It took me three times to get to appear on the Romulan Flotilla. I get it almost all the time on Drozana Station though.
  • crypticcliffcrypticcliff Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're working on it, but if you want a quick fix, you can turn off anti-aliasing (or turn it up, according to rumor).
    edited May 2013
    Just a quick update...

I've been playing since the LoR patch and have not had the square shadow appear. So, yeah...maybe that helps some...