Install Arc

Dreadnought-class please

osena109osena109 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
that ship kicked so much butt id love to have one with its automated systeams
Post edited by osena109 on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All ships have an automated system. It's called auto-fire mode. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What ship are you talking about? there are a lot of NPC ships and player ships that are already conisdered Dreadnoughts.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TOS Pocket Book Dreadnought! had an eerily similar story to this one, so we do have canon to support a pre-Trek 2009 Dreadnought class. I love how it had a similar look to the Imperial class skin for the Assault-cruiser, tempted to dress mine up. We do need pulsing phasers in deep red (Star Trek II-VI) that have all the properties of beams, but maybe effected by cannon skills.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can I get a Jon Harrison BO?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think that book would make an excellent FE series. They could make three variants for the limited time reward. One for the actuall TOS dreadnought and one each something for the KDF and Romulan at that time period.

Would it have the holoprojection system I wonder?

I can still imagine the sight of Scotty covered in flour running across the golf course....
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited May 2013
    Well, if he's talking about the new movie ship that's not going to make it into the game. Cryptic doesn't have the license to do the new Trek material.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure, why not. A an actual dreadnought class of ships could be fun. It's not the first time it's been asked for.
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Well, if he's talking about the new movie ship that's not going to make it into the game. Cryptic doesn't have the license to do the new Trek material.

if u think about it for all we know that dreadnaught class might have been in the tv series whose to say it wasn't maybe not looking to like that but sure there was one close to it. i think there where a few dreadnaught classes in the tv/tos movies

edited May 2013
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    if u think about it for all we know that dreadnaught class might have been in the tv series whose to say it wasn't maybe not looking to like that but sure there was one close to it. i think there where a few dreadnaught classes in the tv/tos movies
    There was never a Dreadnought seen in canon - though there were one in a novel, but novels aren't canon. :)

Within the game we have the Galaxy X Dreadnought and the Jupiter Class Dreadnought.
  • woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Among NPC ships, there's already the Jupiter-class dreadnought. The Forum guy with the lot of 'i' in his name is a supporter for its inclusion into the game.
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You probably couldn't include the Vengeance straight up because of licensing reasons (which is too bad, it was a cool ship), but maybe if they did a Fleet Gal-X and use those sorts of shapes and colorations and such as a new skin to evoke a 150-year-old progenitor.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TOS Pocket Book Dreadnought! had an eerily similar story to this one, so we do have canon to support a pre-Trek 2009 Dreadnought class. I love how it had a similar look to the Imperial class skin for the Assault-cruiser, tempted to dress mine up. We do need pulsing phasers in deep red (Star Trek II-VI) that have all the properties of beams, but maybe effected by cannon skills.
    You mean like Antiproton cannons?

They could've been turrets. And the Miranda class CAN equip duals.
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    There was never a Dreadnought seen in canon - though there were one in a novel, but novels aren't canon. :)

Within the game we have the Galaxy X Dreadnought and the Jupiter Class Dreadnought.
    The Galaxy-X was definitely in a canon episode. Sure the possible timeline didn't happen in the main timeline, but it's still a canon timeline.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beerxhyper wrote: »

Sorry but none was ever seen. But some fans like to remark that the U.S.S. Entende that was heard over the comms was a Dreadnaught class.

But Doug Drexler and the guys that are behind the Star Trek Vanguard series have shown the TOS Dreadnaught-class and other of the TOS-era ships in their CGI works.
  • phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry but none was ever seen. But some fans like to remark that the U.S.S. Entende that was heard over the comms was a Dreadnaught class.

But Doug Drexler and the guys that are behind the Star Trek Vanguard series have shown the TOS Dreadnaught-class and other of the TOS-era ships in their CGI works.

isn't the jem'hadar dreadnought(i know its called battleship officialy) tecnically a dreadnought due to its size and the fact it was officially described as 3 times stronger than a galaxy?

i mean we already have a jem dread, plus there is the scimitar, which is pretty much a dread in size and firepower.

why not give the federation and klingons a dread of their own?
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kinda looks like a boxier more primitive version of an Envoy class starship.
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
    edited May 2013
    phoenicius wrote: »
    isn't the jem'hadar dreadnought(i know its called battleship officialy) tecnically a dreadnought due to its size and the fact it was officially described as 3 times stronger than a galaxy?

i mean we already have a jem dread, plus there is the scimitar, which is pretty much a dread in size and firepower.

why not give the federation and klingons a dread of their own?

We aren't talking about TNG or STO-era Dreadnaughts, we are talking about TOS-Era Dreadnaught. :rolleyes:

The Prime Dreadnaught-class was never officially seen, but first was shown on the Franz Jospeh Star Trek Technical Journal back in the 70s. But the new movie shows the U.S.S. Vengence and it was said on-screen "Dreadnaught-class".
    Kinda looks like a boxier more primitive version of an Envoy class starship.

Never know, they could've gotten inspiration from it. Just look at Qo'nos. But to me it sort of like they took a Sovereign and armor plated it.
  • osena109osena109 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just want a Dreadnought to command got a cruiser but i feel a Dreadnought is needed to make PVP even klingons and romulans have cloak feds don't have Ship that can go toe to toe with a KDF battle cruiser no fed assult cruiser can equip cannons that i know off
    edited May 2013
    osena109 wrote: »
    I just want a Dreadnought to command got a cruiser but i feel a Dreadnought is needed to make PVP even klingons and romulans have cloak feds don't have Ship that can go toe to toe with a KDF battle cruiser no fed assult cruiser can equip cannons that i know off

You're trolling right? :rolleyes:

Federation has the Galaxy Dreadnaught, it can cloak (as can the Defiant), and it can equip Dual Heavy Cannons.

Any Federation ship can equip Single Cannons and turrets.

And any Federation ship can defeat a Klingon Battlecruiser. I've seen Excelsiors and Sovereigns (before consoles) tear up KDF ships. So either that Federation Captain isn't good or that KDF Captain knows how to survive.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uhm so...the OP is asking for a federation dreadnaught?

First question is the OP a Noob?

Or just a Fail Troll being a failure

Ahem the federation has a dreadnaught

The exploration dreadnaught aka the galaxy class dreadnaught
  • shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I she talking about the missile in the Voyager episode "Dreadnought?"

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Dreadnought_%28episode%29

That's the only thing I can think of with automated systems, unless there's something in Into Darkness (which I haven't seen yet).
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I she talking about the missile in the Voyager episode "Dreadnought?"

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Dreadnought_%28episode%29

That's the only thing I can think of with automated systems, unless there's something in Into Darkness (which I haven't seen yet).

The USS Vengeance from Into Darkness is officially a Dreadnought-class and uses automation to reduce crew requirements. Any more than that goes into spoiler territory, but suffice to say it leaves quite the impression in the scenes its active in.
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    osena109 wrote: »
    that ship kicked so much butt id love to have one with its automated systeams

no idea what you're talking about man. but if it's "Into Darkness"....http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=665301
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No Abrams-TRIBBLE in STO! (Thank god they don't have the license.) But if you want a real Dreadnought....
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No Abrams-TRIBBLE in STO! (Thank god they don't have the license.) But if you want a real Dreadnought....

can any one say T5 connie :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    can any one say T5 connie :P

What are you talking about? It's not a Constitution, it's a Federation.:D (Even though now that I think about it they could give us a mirror universe T5 Inquisition.)
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • snipe048snipe048 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just go to the thread in my Signature if you want a Fed Dreadnought. :D

Founder and Current CO of Gamma Strike Force

Player since December 2009
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reynoldsxd wrote: »

Yum...Ask Cryptic January 2013...they can't use stuff from other computer games...:(

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=800861

"Our license with CBS is restricted to the TV Shows, the movies (up to Nemesis), the Animated Series, and some of the book fiction. Unfortunately, this license doesn't extend to other video games"