test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot set rally points

xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I am doing the Cold Case story mission and reached the Digging Defera part where you supposed to set a rally point for each bridge officer on top of the circles, when I found out I have no ability to set rally points. I click the button to set, and the cursor changes, but when I left/right click on the ground, it does nothing. I don't know if it is related to the bug stated on stowiki, but I even reset all keybinds and still cannot set any rally points. Is there any way to solve this so I can finish the mission?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2013
    I had the same problem on tribble recently going into control and reseting everything to default fixed it for me. not sure what caused it since i dont use a bind file it just stopped working one day. hope that helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no, reset already as I stated and it does not.
  • maddwolfmaddwolf Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I click the button to set, and the cursor changes, but when I left/right click on the ground, it does nothing. I don't know if it is related to the bug stated on stowiki, but I even reset all keybinds and still cannot set any rally points.
  • allandaneallandane Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have the same problem on 2 of my 9 toons.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I had this problem and traced it down to the left-click button was explicitly defined. It has to be undefined so that the default bind works
  • qthephysicistqthephysicist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think I can confirm this. To make set rally point work (with the button on the away team panel, not tested with a command yet), I deleted the reference {leftclick} totally on my keybind file, then did a reset to default of my commands on the keybind tab in game, then i reloaded my keybind file and now it seems to work.

i think the key is to not have any reference to left click in your keybind file
  • tampora1tampora1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Considering it's a HIGHLY frustrating and ongoing process to try and reconfigure every key to a left-handed usable layout in this game, is there an alternative solution which won't undo all my work?
  • stormwylfstormwylf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Agreed, this should be fixed, it's been a problem for at least seven months at a minimum.
  • hizenburghizenburg Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I found a quick fix for this one,

- Switch to shooter mode:

- bind a mouse button to " shooter primary "

Now try to in the game to set a rally point and confirm with " shooter primary "

ta da .
    If I find an RPG mode workaround I will let you know.
  • krieg69krieg69 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    hizenburg wrote: »
    I found a quick fix for this one,

- Switch to shooter mode:

- bind a mouse button to " shooter primary "

Now try to in the game to set a rally point and confirm with " shooter primary "

ta da .
    If I find an RPG mode workaround I will let you know.

YOU ARE A LEGEND!!!!!!

this was driving me insane!
  • jarcher8431jarcher8431 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ok it may be obvious to some but for those who don't know it can be frustrating. But to get your officers to rejoin and follow you again, all you have to do is right click on the rally point icon and they will rejoin you! Hope this helps.