test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

KDF: Suddenly got 6 Uniform Slots and can?t change Uniforms

martin1701dmartin1701d Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hello,

since about one hour, I have a crazy bug with my KDF Char. I createt a 3rd uniform, so far so good. Suddenly I couldn?t change anything at my char. Then I went back to the main uniform menu at the uniform guy on Co?nos. Then I saw that I suddenly got 3!! slots more. Did not buy anything at the Zen Store. Changing my uniform while running around is also impossible.
My Fed char is not affected from this. He still has the problem, that he can not accept invites into fleets. I get the feeling, my whole account is slowly getting crazy.
And I get really crazy with that bugs, too :(

Has someone any ideas pls?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Greetings from Germany

Martin
Post edited by martin1701d on

Comments

• martin1701dmartin1701d Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For better understanding, I made a picture of the proplem:
    http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3256/wg45minf_jpg.htm
    :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Greetings from Germany

Martin
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think this is the same bug I have. I had 2 different uniform slots become unusable. I could still see the uniforms in the tailor, just couldn't switch to them anymore. I then noticed I had 2 new uniform slots I could use and set those looks up on them, but I still have the 2 old uniforms that show up at the tailor and the change outfit button that I cant use, weird. They were both variations of Honor Guard armor.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know this is happening on my KDF toon on tribble so hopefully it will come across with LoR as a fix. There only slot 1 became usable and none of the others are selectable to wear even though the Tailor can modify them with ease. I do not know however if this is somehow related to not being in a fleet and having an unavailable slot between the usable and unusable ones.

Perhaps you could temporarily join a fleet and see if that cures your issues.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • ooiueooiue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    had the same problem for a while now, unable to switch to any other costume on my KDF as well
    Play my missions on Holodeck!
    Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
    Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
    Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep same problem. It jacked a couple of my saved uniforms. They show up on the tailor screen, but won't save changes and can't swap to them. .
  • obertheromulanobertheromulan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I have that bug on one of my KDF characters as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
  • martin1701dmartin1701d Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hearing that I am not the only person with this, makes me a bit more happy.
    I was sitting there for about 1 hour for each uniform :(

Has anyone wrote a ticket to the support and got an answer?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Greetings from Germany

Martin
  • kasandarokasandaro Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has anyone wrote a ticket to the support and got an answer?

Ticket, yes (it was a few months ago, don't ask me the number); response, lolno.
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    been away for half a year or so, and got back on like able 3 hours ago, and saw this ... my favorite form/outfits are slot 4 and 5, 2 and 3 are new, and cannot ware the ones i already had made, i am not rebuilding those ... :S

what happened in the code? lol ...
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any update on this? Anyone know the ticket number? I have the same problem.
  • mrdc2mrdc2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same issue. I have a uniform slot where I created a new uniform. I purchased it, put it on and left New Romulus (KDF Reman Officer). Went to Nimbus III. When I landed I was in one of my older uniforms. Now I cannot wear, modify, or rename the new uniform. And this is in the launched game.
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issue on both my KDF main and now my KDF allied Reman.

It seems that for some reason the system keeps giving two new slots , and locking out the 2 you already had filled. Honestly, this, added to the linking color problems across costume parts, incomplete color palettes, or places where the palattes should match but do not (Like Right Bracer Palatte not matching left side etc) ...

... basically right now the Tailor is FULL of bugs.
    FULL !

almost certainly the one described in the OP here is the worst of the bunch, but I really wish that they would simply dedicate a couple of people to ironing out the tailor bugs. All of 'em.

See Ya All In Space
    - John
  • feyllfeyll Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having this bug too... be nice if cryptic even acknowledged it's existance. I sent a bug report and I think it got ignored because they looked and said 'LOL KDF' and went back to fixing minor feddie bugs. A ton of my KDF friends have this bug and meanwhile none of my feddie friends even seem to know it exists.
    Critics breed growth, apologists (fanboys) breed stagnation.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have this bug on my KDF Romulan. All was going fine until today, and now I cannot use the outfits in two of my 5 available slots.
    When I try to change to a new outfit, it does nothing. I also tried in the tailor, but that also does nothing.
    Sometimes it throws up an error regarding armour visuals, but it doesn't stay on screen long enough to take a screenshot...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited June 2013
    Still no response from cryptic. Why am I not surprised? "Oh it's a game breaker for KDFers. Let's go back to adding another layer of polish to the fed experience."
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    feyll wrote: »
    Still no response from cryptic. Why am I not surprised? "Oh it's a game breaker for KDFers. Let's go back to adding another layer of polish to the fed experience."

Dude.
    Seriously, take a chill.
    Relax on that couch over there.

They have acknowledged that the game is suffering from a giant load of bugs right now.
    In the latest ask cryptic Stahl said that we can be expecting a BIG bug fix coming in the next month ?? Go look it up , I am probably wrong on the timing.

Regardless, understand that the tailor bugs are affecting ALL players game experiences, FED, ROM and KDF. To try and segregate and be all cyber offended because they are ignoring us poor KDF is not being genuine ... or fair.

They are obviously aware of the tailor bugs.
    LOTS of them, including the one that all of us in this thread have.
    How about giving them a little bit of something called time to get these fixes in.
    The Executive Producer said that fixes were coming.

The length of time between your two posts is one day.
    So, as i said.
    Relax.
    Chill Out

When this is now affecting both my KDF Main (which is my overall main) and my Romulan Main (KDF allied) , I get how much this sucks.

I'm trying to have patience though.
    Even though my first (never answered) ticket regarding this was before Legacy of Romulus launched.
    edited June 2013
    Hippiejon... This bug has been present and ignored since a long time before LoR (by some reports about a year). Also I understand a lot is lost without tone of voice and body language. I'm not raging despite how I may come off... more snide that anything.
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hippiejon... This bug has been present and ignored since a long time before LoR (by some reports about a year). Also I understand a lot is lost without tone of voice and body language. I'm not raging despite how I may come off... more snide that anything.

He beat me to it, but I want to add my voice to the statement that this isn't something that just came up with LOR. There are multiple threads about this, and one that I've previously commented on was started June of 2012, and it may be older than that. There was enough time to carry a human child to full term by the time they released LOR, so I can empathize with the frustration. So there are planning a big bug fixing patch; there is no indication that THIS bug is being addressed. The only outlet we have is this release of steam.
  • portgazdportgazd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ah I thought I was the only one that experienced this. likewise: 2 other uniforms on my kdf romulan character I can't wear. only wearing the original outfit I made when i created the toon. tried modifiying them but no change. But I am surprised that this bug was in fact occuring before LOR.

Also the tal shiar pants show up as worn leather for female toons, at least for my character anyways.
    Vice-Chancellor of Federation Fleet Directive 010

DISENCHANTED
  • emperorandyemperorandy Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, on my "last" two costume slots, I edit them, but the edits do not take when I purchase. I also cannot WEAR the costumes (no matter which way I try to do it - "wear" button is grayed out on tailor; right clicking on my character icon, switching uniforms, does nothing in-game for these two costumes).
  • merileemerilee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hippiejon wrote: »
    Dude.
    Seriously, take a chill.
    Relax on that couch over there.

They have acknowledged that the game is suffering from a giant load of bugs right now.
    In the latest ask cryptic Stahl said that we can be expecting a BIG bug fix coming in the next month ?? Go look it up , I am probably wrong on the timing.

Regardless, understand that the tailor bugs are affecting ALL players game experiences, FED, ROM and KDF. To try and segregate and be all cyber offended because they are ignoring us poor KDF is not being genuine ... or fair.

They are obviously aware of the tailor bugs.
    LOTS of them, including the one that all of us in this thread have.
    How about giving them a little bit of something called time to get these fixes in.
    The Executive Producer said that fixes were coming.

The length of time between your two posts is one day.
    So, as i said.
    Relax.
    Chill Out

When this is now affecting both my KDF Main (which is my overall main) and my Romulan Main (KDF allied) , I get how much this sucks.

I'm trying to have patience though.
    Even though my first (never answered) ticket regarding this was before Legacy of Romulus launched.

I generally have a lot of patience. I also recognize that this is a free to play game and as such, people should not complain about things they get for free. That said, the "career officer" I quoted above should be have his career terminated, both for being an insufferable jerk as well as for just being stupid.

The people complaining have a right to complain because this problem has been going on for well over a year. It is two months since the snide "take a chill" doper response and the issue is still not fixed. I and the others complaining have paid REAL money to get these perks and not having them is just not acceptable.

Cryptic has dropped the ball yet again. I am the first to step up and cheer them on for really great stuff like the STO Summer Event and NWO's Tymora's Gifts event and the great things they did in Champions when I played that game. To be perfectly crystal clear, I have paid money into the stores for all three Cryptic games and for Perfect World as well, and I maintain a balance of C-Store and Zen to this day.

Fix the problems that are very well documented and have been around for ages.
  • nukem001nukem001 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    New season 8.5 and cryptic still refuses to fix the bug from over a year. Why is Cryptic still not fixing it. Why are they not making a list of known bugs and what they are focusing on and what priority bugs have. Cryptic should just stop making the next season and give time for bug fixes then go back to the next season. I'd rather wait a few months for the next season and have most of the issues fixed.
  • talon2000uktalon2000uk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Good news. While testing on Tribble today I see my fed captain now has this bug. So it should be fixed very quickly now. :D
  • zeddicuszeddzeddicuszedd Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I purchased two additional outfit slots to work around the issue, the system took my Zen but I did not receive the slots. Also, I can not modify or rename any of my uniforms on my KDF toon.

It would be nice to get this resolved.

Regards to all

Zedd
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    this thread is a great example of why necromancy is not always a bad thing. and really love reading the part where the fanboy told people to chill just because stahl said fixes to the game were coming LOL
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    icsairguns wrote: »
    this thread is a great example of why necromancy is not always a bad thing. and really love reading the part where the fanboy told people to chill just because stahl said fixes to the game were coming LOL

Im with this guy dont believe wot the dev say kdf costume slots were ment to be fixed in a patch 4-5 mths ago. Now wot did work for me is to go to the talior change say slot 2 n instead of clicking modify click create. That worked for me for a few mths but it still buged out every few weeks n had to do it again.

The only real way to fix this is to go n buy more slots i did this 4 mths ago n there not buged out since once u buy the slots go n click on the slots that dont work change something n click create not modify.

Hope ive been of more help then the devs
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    pacelli1 wrote: »

He beat me to it, but I want to add my voice to the statement that this isn't something that just came up with LOR. There are multiple threads about this, and one that I've previously commented on was started June of 2012, and it may be older than that. There was enough time to carry a human child to full term by the time they released LOR, so I can empathize with the frustration. So there are planning a big bug fixing patch; there is no indication that THIS bug is being addressed. The only outlet we have is this release of steam.

[url="http://"][/url]. well it is going on 6 to 7 years now and this still isn't resolved. the sit back and wait time is long passed its time they fix it. on mine I had bought extra costume slots and they stopped working. on some alts it was duplicated and they don't work but that I don't care about because I didn't buy them but the ones I payed for I want fixed. 6 years is beyond a reasonable amount of time to wait …. well it is going on 6 to 7 years now and this still isn't resolved. the sit back and wait time is long passed its time they fix it. on mine I had bought extra costume slots and they stopped working. on some alts it was duplicated and they don't work but that I don't care about because I didn't buy them but the ones I payed for I want fixed. 6 years is beyond a reasonable amount of time to wait …. https://youtu.be/qmLKwEwwlmU
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG