test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #18

13»

Comments

• ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was under the impression you can't use the T'Liss skin for any of the T'Varo warbirds?
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ufpterrell wrote: »
    I was under the impression you can't use the T'Liss skin for any of the T'Varo warbirds?

An absolutely brainless decision by who ever is responsible.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Blame CBS for that same reason you can;t get a T5 connie
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Nope T'Varo consoles have to be equipped in T'Varo BoPs and Mogai/Valdore consoles stay within Mogais.

Not entirely accurate :) Consoles that are from Tier 1-4 Romulan ships can be transferred to other Romulan ships, and consoles that are from T5 Romulan ships can only be used on the specific class of ship they came on (like the fleet version, for example).

You could technically transfer the T5 D'deridex, Mogai, Dhelan, and T'varo consoles to their lower tier counterparts, once you ranked up to the level to actually be able to claim those retrofit ships, but why would you switch to them and fly a lower tier ship? :) Also, as others pointed out, "Universal" has always referred to it being able to be slotted in any console slot - this is similar to "universal BOFF stations", where you can slot a BOFF of any career.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You could technically transfer the T5 D'deridex, Mogai, Dhelan, and T'varo consoles to their lower tier counterparts, once you ranked up to the level to actually be able to claim those retrofit ships, but why would you switch to them and fly a lower tier ship? :) Also, as others pointed out, "Universal" has always referred to it being able to be slotted in any console slot - this is similar to "universal BOFF stations", where you can slot a BOFF of any career.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Never discount the hilarity of using unexpected equipment in player run events that utilize set ship tier brackets.
  • skiffy1skiffy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not entirely accurate :) Consoles that are from Tier 1-4 Romulan ships can be transferred to other Romulan ships, and consoles that are from T5 Romulan ships can only be used on the specific class of ship they came on (like the fleet version, for example).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

But, I assume the set bonuses only apply when you have those consoles slotted on the ships they're 'designed' for? For instance, I wouldn't get the Enhanced Projectile Efficiency Set bonus if the consoles are slotted on a D'deridex? Or is it possible to get all 4 set bonuses on a single ship?
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You could never get 4 set bonuses as the tier 5 consoles will only go on those ships (or thee lower tier equivalent)

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    skiffy1 wrote: »
    But, I assume the set bonuses only apply when you have those consoles slotted on the ships they're 'designed' for? For instance, I wouldn't get the Enhanced Projectile Efficiency Set bonus if the consoles are slotted on a D'deridex? Or is it possible to get all 4 set bonuses on a single ship?

You can't transfer the T5 Mogai's console to the D'deridex -- so no :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • skiffy1skiffy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can't transfer the T5 Mogai's console to the D'deridex -- so no :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

HAHA! I can't believe I missed that. :eek: I forgot that half of the consoles come on the T5 versions.

Thanks Brandon.
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @Branflakes,
    I know you're really busy and all, but any news on if the +2 turn rate for the D'deridex mini-console set is applied after or to the base 5.5 turn rate?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]