test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #18

Comments

• jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here are the current set bonus values.

Enhanced Projectile Efficiency Set (T'varo)
    +10% Projectiles Damage
    25% Cooldown Reduction for Projectiles

Does this set also reduce the cooldown for the MegaOMIGERD torpedo this ship has as well...?

If so, you just switched which endgame ship I'ma getting...

Edit: I really should finish reading the thread before asking a question... :)
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does this set also reduce the cooldown for the MegaOMIGERD torpedo this ship has as well...?

If so, you just switched which endgame ship I'ma getting...

Asked and answered - yes :)

4x MkXII VR Ambiplasma (120) + two-console mod (10) + KHG set bonus (25) + Rule 62 console (12) + AP Alpha III (30) + AP Omega III (25) = BOOM

* Warning, do not fire at point blank range. Always wear eye protection.
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    * Warning, do not fire at point blank range. Always wear eye protection.

LMAO, this is going to be so much fun!

In my own defense, I hope the Auto-Defense Turret gets changed to a universal console soon.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here are the current set bonus values.

+10% Projectiles Damage

Enhanced Defensive Systems Set (Dhelan)
    Increases Defense by up to 10 based on flight speed
    +5 to Shield Power

Enhanced Weapon Systems Efficiency (Mogai)
    25% Resistance to Weapon Power Drain (including from weapon fire)
    +5 Weapon Power

Enhanced Maneuvering Systems (D'deridex)
    +2 Turn Rate
    +10 Engine Power

Note that these are all potentially subject to change at any time, etc. etc.

Thanks for that.

+2 Turn rate for the Big D is actually quite a major buff. Might be worth bying the D'Ridthau to complete the set.

Any resistance to wep power drain is welcome on a ship like the Mogai, as well as any additional wep power.

The Defense buff would be probably very prized among PvPers. From a PvE standpoint, the Dhelan seet bonus looks the weakest.

And lastly, projectile damage buff and 25% CD reduction for them seems very powerful, especially considering one of the consoles is a torp and the T'Varo is very well suited for a torp boat use (enhanced battle cloak). On the other hand, it's useless if you don't care about torps.

Overall, very nice buffs useful for most people flying the ships, except for the T'Varo set bonus. That one's only useful to part of its potential users, but would benefit them seemingly far more (also depends on how the CD reduction interacts with torp doffs).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh my, I didn't even catch the Enhanced Battle Cloak...
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    20% off of weapons drain when using the Mogai set? So thats effectively another +12 weapons energy if using a standard 3 DHC 3 Turret build 1 Torp layout. Yikes.
    edited May 2013
    20% off of weapons drain when using the Mogai set? So thats effectively another +12 weapons energy if using a standard 3 DHC 3 Turret build 1 Torp layout. Yikes.

Keep in mind the overall power levels of Rom ships is lower, so running with full weapons means considerably less power elsewhere - usually engines and aux.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    toiva wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

+2 Turn rate for the Big D is actually quite a major buff. Might be worth bying the D'Ridthau to complete the set.

actually its not im afraid

regarding the d'deridex console synergy, could you guys PLEASE apply that +2 to the base, so all turn consoles and turn skills multiply off 7 turn rate? just a flat +2 turn on top of everything else, all multiplied off of 5, will be a drop in the bucket. its the base turn rate that determines EVERYTHING.

a +2 to BASE turn rate would likely be worth more then a flat +10 to turn rate. if this is just a flat + to turn rate, please consider giving us at least +5, if not +10 turn from that console synergy. +2, added to the final turn tally, is nothing

this is what i was afraid of, ive been harping over and over about increasing the BASE turn rate, saying that no other bandaid like battle cloak or some console bonus could ever make up for a turn rate that low. a d'deridex with as many turn consoles as it can carry i doubt would get better then about 17 turn. just +2 added to that is nearly nothing.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...regarding the d'deridex console synergy, could you guys PLEASE apply that +2 to the base, so all turn consoles and turn skills multiply off 7 turn rate? just a flat +2 turn on top of everything else, all multiplied off of 5, will be a drop in the bucket. its the base turn rate that determines EVERYTHING.

a +2 to BASE turn rate would likely be worth more then a flat +10 to turn rate. if this is just a flat + to turn rate, please consider giving us at least +5, if not +10 turn from that console synergy. +2, added to the final turn tally, is nothing...
    /Signed +1.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice to see similar features be added to the Fed and KDF ships.

Not the exact same necessarily.

For example:

Maybe an "Any 3 Nausicaan Consoles" or "Any 3 Orion Consoles" bonus. Maybe a combat bonus for 2, non-combat bonus for 3.

Likewise with the Venture/Galaxy/Dreadnaught.

I like the idea of making the refits/retrofits have more synergy together.

In the case of the Dreadnaught? I'd make the cloak innate. Then make the lance a console with less innate phaser damage but a nice phaser bonus that applies to the lance.

Something like: Improves beam damage and turnrate. Dreadnaught only: adds a phaser lance ability. Set bonus with saucer sep and antimatter spread consoles.
    edited May 2013

regarding the d'deridex console synergy, could you guys PLEASE apply that +2 to the base, so all turn consoles and turn skills multiply off 7 turn rate? just a flat +2 turn on top of everything else, all multiplied off of 5, will be a drop in the bucket. its the base turn rate that determines EVERYTHING.

a +2 to BASE turn rate would likely be worth more then a flat +10 to turn rate. if this is just a flat + to turn rate, please consider giving us at least +5, if not +10 turn from that console synergy. +2, added to the final turn tally, is nothing

this is what i was afraid of, ive been harping over and over about increasing the BASE turn rate, saying that no other bandaid like battle cloak or some console bonus could ever make up for a turn rate that low. a d'deridex with as many turn consoles as it can carry i doubt would get better then about 17 turn. just +2 added to that is nearly nothing.

Me saying "great" was based off the expectation the +2 bonus will be to base turn rate. Of course, if it's +2 for my D'D getting about 11 turn rate without RCS/any buffs, then it's pretty useless indeed.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.

• malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If that +2 D'deridex/D'ridthau set bonus is to base turn rate then TAKE MY MONEY!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

this is what i was afraid of, ive been harping over and over about increasing the BASE turn rate, saying that no other bandaid like battle cloak or some console bonus could ever make up for a turn rate that low. a d'deridex with as many turn consoles as it can carry i doubt would get better then about 17 turn. just +2

added to that is nearly nothing.

Yeah I would definitely like some elaboration on exactly how that +2 is going to be applied.

The 5.5 turn rate is a joke no matter how you look at it. Everyone keeps saying well it should be slow look at how massive it is. Well apparently people forget it's a split hull design with the majority of the "mass" being empty space that isn't effecting ship mass. I don't know how many time I have to say this, but it's NOT a carrier it shouldn't have a carrier turn rate. Sure you can stack it with nothing but RCS and hit the Battle cloak every time you want to turn, but all you're doing it crippling everything else. And this isn't even mentioning the fact that this is a video game, not real life, it doesn't matter how big or small it is if it's not worth playing, and right now 5.5 base turn ain't worth playing.

But of course they would pull this with one of the most iconic ships in the ST universe and then pull out a magical band aid all for the low low price of <insert price of other ship to get console bonus here>.

Considering all the other areas Rom are getting it shoved without lube, bad move Cryptic, bad move. At least bump it to a 6 and then add the +2 to the base rate. <---- that right there just became the determining factor of getting money for this or not, so it's not only how much do players matter to you, it's also how much does your wallet and our money matter to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't wait for the LoR release!;) Now, when does the cardassian faction come out...lol:eek:
    edited May 2013
    wayofdera wrote: »
    Can't wait for the LoR release!;) Now, when does the cardassian faction come out...lol:eek:

Cardassians will probably be another 5 years, they haven't even regained the technology for indoor plumbing after the asskicking they got during the Dominion war. :D

Nevermind just got a breaking new subspace transmission from Cardassia.

"The Cardassian Civilian Command is proud to announce they have successfully reinvented........toilet paper!"

Nope nevermind they're civilization has advanced enough to Ally with the Klingons...careful the Klingons might be jealous. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome sauce!
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
    edited May 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »
    Cardassians will probably be another 5 years, they haven't even regained the technology for indoor plumbing after the asskicking they got during the Dominion war. :D

Nevermind just got a breaking new subspace transmission from Cardassia.

"The Cardassian Civilian Command is proud to announce they have successfully reinvented........toilet paper!"

Nope nevermind they're civilization has advanced enough to Ally with the Klingons...careful the Klingons might be jealous. lol

Hey, as bad as Cardassia Prime was pummeled, it is still better than Romulus, and we got an expansion from them.
  • alienfrombeyondalienfrombeyond Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So now you have to be in a Mogai to be a proper beamboat? :mad:
    edited May 2013
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Hey, as bad as Cardassia Prime was pummeled, it is still better than Romulus, and we got an expansion from them.

yeah because in season 12 we find out D'tan is really from an advanced alien race that has figured out how to make the genesis device work and is going to reform Romulus and Remus after defeating Sela, bringing about a new golden age of peace for the Romulans.

lol

of course by then the Federation will trying to have cucumber sandwiches withe the Borg, only to get assimilated. The Klingons will finally succumb to the pollution caused by Targ Shiit and become extinct, leading the way for the Ferengi to become the Epic economic empire in the universe after developing targ dung into an edible substance for pakleds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm with Mr. Drunk on this one.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    +10% Projectiles Damage

i want that on my Galor and my Armitage, kthxbye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Hopefully we'll hear some official word today on if the +2 to turn rate is added to the base turn rate or not. Don't know about anyone else, but that is all I'm waiting for at this point to make the decision to buy the legacy pack or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK, sorry for being dense on this, but...:o

If you acquire refit and retofit ships, can the consoles move to other Romulan ships?

I bought the start pack, so got the consoles form the T'Varo.

Can I move those to say.. a Mogai?

Thanks for understanding...
  • malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    OK, sorry for being dense on this, but...:o

If you acquire refit and retofit ships, can the consoles move to other Romulan ships?

I bought the start pack, so got the consoles form the T'Varo.

Can I move those to say.. a Mogai?

Thanks for understanding...

Nope T'Varo consoles have to be equipped in T'Varo BoPs and Mogai/Valdore consoles stay within Mogais.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope T'Varo consoles have to be equipped in T'Varo BoPs and Mogai/Valdore consoles stay within Mogais.

Much thanks for making this cut and dry... :D
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The T1-T4 consoles can be equipped on any Warbird, only T5 consoles are restricted to the ships they come with. :)
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you're saying I can't use the Tier 5 T'Varos awesome red torpedo on my T1 T'Liss? For when I want to redo "Balance of Terror" :(. I thought these were "universal" consoles?
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ufpterrell wrote: »
    So you're saying I can't use the Tier 5 T'Varos awesome red torpedo on my T1 T'Liss? For when I want to redo "Balance of Terror" :(. I thought these were "universal" consoles?

The "universal" refers to the fact that you can put them in any console slot, not necessarily on any ship. :)
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm... that's really annoyed me. As soon as I saw the console I immediately thought "woot can use that on my TOS BoP in my fleet pvp events, will be just like Balance of Terror" (one of my fave TOS episodes). That we can't even use the T'Liss skin at higher tiers "for same reasons as for the connie" ... completely ignoring the D7 for the KDF at FLEET level is even worse. There was no mention when I got the pack that they would be bound to the individual ships. It's like you can use the quad cannons and wide angle quantum on any ship. What gives with these ones?
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
    edited May 2013
    ufpterrell wrote: »

Since the T'Varo and T'Liss are two skins of the same ship, it should be possible.

However you couldn't equip the Tier 5 T'Varo's console on any different ship than T'Liss/T'Varo versions.

EDIT: As said before, any console coming from a lower than Tier 5 ship should be fair game on any warbird.