Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #17

13»

Comments

• Options
    danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    I concur about the Dil refining limits.

I once did a marathon of STFs to get some omega marks.
    I was getting some of my BOFFs shiny new Omega MK12 shields.

When I finally finished my marathon, I'd discovered I'd gone 5k over my daily refining limit!

The cynic in me says the limit is a tactic to get us to buy more Dil from the exchange=more C-points=more monies for Cryptic.

Then again, it is -such- a hardship to wait until tomorrow.
  • Options
    kasandarokasandaro Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bastion132 wrote: »
    Will those who craft be able to make a Warp Core, are we going to see an Aegis Warp Core to go with the set?

At the moment, the devs (Bran, I believe) noted that they're not yet adding Cores to the sets.
  • Options
    wayofderawayofdera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This sounds like a great addition to the game. I hope a few special warp cores/singularities might hit the C-Store as well, for those of us who are a little more tight on time.:)
  • Options
    bastion132bastion132 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Aegis Warp Core doesn't have to be Part of the set, just in the Theme of the set, like the Assimilated Module (see below) was in theme with the Borg set before it became part of a set. They can add it to or make it part of a set at a later date in the same way.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Omega_Adapted_Borg_Technology_Set#Assimilated_Module
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will there be Fleet cores of Reputation cores?
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bastion132 wrote: »
    Will those who craft be able to make a Warp Core, are we going to see an Aegis Warp Core to go with the set?

I'd love to see that!

Sadly, I don't think they're going to make Warp Cores for existing Sets.

They said something like old sets are too complicated to make warp cores, but it's possible for new ones.

Personally, I don't think that's a good idea.

I'm happy with the sets I'm using at the moment, so a warp core from a new set will basically be bonus 0/3 and will give me nothing in the way of set bonuses.

At best, it'll cause a cosmetic change to my ship and that's it.

An interesting (and most likely impossible!) idea I had was if you equipped a Set Warp Core, it would change the visual of the Warp Core in Main Engineering.

Like say, replacing a Starfleet Warp Core with a Supercooled Breen Warp Core, for example.

But that would be technically complicated to implement.

And I'm wondering where we can get Very Rare or Advanced Fleet Warp Cores.

Preferably in MK12, since I couldn't find anything better then MK10 Blue on the Test Server.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Adding cores to already existing and purchased sets is an awful idea. Thrilled they've been smart enough to avoid it.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    raptor63549raptor63549 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Adding cores to already existing and purchased sets is an awful idea. Thrilled they've been smart enough to avoid it.

Why's that?

Adding cores means that we have more options for interesting bonuses (since set gear doesn't generally follow the generic modifiers of normal gear), and it also gives us more options to get set bonuses, so for instance we could fit a 3-set bonus and still afford to stick a fleet shield on our ships, or have two different 2-set bonuses.

That adds options, and options are good.