test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Piercing Teyrton Weapons? WTF?

2»

Comments

• domjotdomjot Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As for the radiant plasma torpedo just tag it for warbirds only, and the har'ping torpedo disallow warbirds.

Then you can't use both but people can get the radiant torpedo.

This is a easy fix as all weapons have to be tagged to be use on a ship type. Why some ships can't use cannons etc.

And why things like scorpion fighters can't be use yet on warbirds. They just haven't been tagged for warbird use.
  • ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neok182 wrote: »
    2 procs are better than one.

Not necessarily. The shield piercing proc looks rather useless to me.
    You trade some shield damage to damage the hull. But in the end you need the same number of hits to destroy the enemy.
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ixalmaris wrote: »
    Not necessarily. The shield piercing proc looks rather useless to me.
    You trade some shield damage to damage the hull. But in the end you need the same number of hits to destroy the enemy.

Well on its own yes. But in combination with other shield bypassing abilitys it could stack in your favor.

DEM, Omega tier 4 kinetic proc, nukara tier 2 enhanced penetration, romulan plasma science console. And I think since DC's fire more often than DHC's your proc will probably go off more often.

I suppose these are more dangerous to those who shield tank at the expense of hull heals.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • pissycutapissycuta Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any reason why cannon builds are favored in this case? You can get dual cannons and turrets and DBB if you don't use a torpedo.... Now i fly a Recluse, the weapons seemed intresting till i realized there are no BEAMS, so what i'll put some random tetryon in the back and 3 DBBs upfront?
    Put a standard beam array as reward too please!
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited June 2013
    I really miss the radiant torpedo from closed beta it was OMG a green Harg'peng for roms how cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mercuriciodidemercuriciodide Member Posts: 342
    edited December 2013
    reximuz wrote: »
    Something about it being usable with the Harpeng, I guess the DOT on them were different damage types and could be stacked, Bort didn't really say more than they don't want both on the same ship, and since KDf Roms could easily get both, they decided to remove it.
    How difficult is it to make it so it can't be mounted on the same ship? It seems like it would be a pretty simple bit of coding.

If Hargh'peng present then No to Radiant
    If Radiant present then No to Hargh'peng

I'm not even a programmer, but it looks like it would take just two if then statements in the code used to process the mounting (via drag and drop) of weapons. The present variable wouldn't even need to be added to the game because there is already a number present limitation on certain torpedoes (limit 1) like the Hargh'peng.

In fact, the same code used to limit the number of Hargh'peng torps to one could be used to block the Radiant. It would be simply treated as a second Hargh'peng by the system and blocked by the existing code. All that would take then, is to slightly expand the existing blocking code to include the Radiant. Then, the regular code that limits the number of mounted Hargh'pengs would also limit the number of Radiants to one.
  • grinningsphinxgrinningsphinx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Limit? I have 3 Hargs mounted forward.