test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dj and Dance floor @ fleetbase

doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
Yes I would like to see more lighting effects on dance floor and have it to where the Dj can tune internet radio station of my choice, so if the leader is throwing a party!!!! on his base he can choose what he like and take request if needed =) also on the lighting effects have some lights like @ a actually concert along with different colors on the dance floor! =):D
Post edited by doublea2012 on

Comments

• Options
    tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STO sort of already has the music part since the game sound can be linked to a player's winamp. If one person starts a internet radio stream compatible with winamp then it would be a simple matter to access it by their fleetmates while in game.
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tlamstrike wrote: »
    STO sort of already has the music part since the game sound can be linked to a player's winamp. If one person starts a internet radio stream compatible with winamp then it would be a simple matter to access it by their fleetmates while in game.

I am pretty sure there are certain licencing issues related to that...

After all, in most countries, you need a licence to stream music...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you want to be completely legal

there is a large amount of music available for free even by popular artists

and getting a license to stream to such a small audience is pretty cheap, i could see a fleet like subspace radio pay for that if they aren't already
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bootyboots wrote: »
    if you want to be completely legal

there is a large amount of music available for free even by popular artists

and getting a license to stream to such a small audience is pretty cheap, i could see a fleet like subspace radio pay for that if they aren't already
    1. Of cause it has to be legal... You don't think Cryptic will be supporting unlicensed Music streaming?
    2. For the above same reason, they can not allow people to use their platform to stream music either.
    3. They can't run a check if a music file is legal or not.

Sorry... but the idea won't work.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since they have a way to control players like winamp built into the game already why not have the dj trigger that command. That way the dj is still playing other music without cryptic supplying it and then if triggered and no player is assigned in the client have it then play the default music. I know I would set up a playlist for this if they were too.
  • Options
    doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok well since its like that US only, the rest hear elevator music? atleast do something with the lighting and the elevator music
  • Options
    bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    1. Of cause it has to be legal... You don't think Cryptic will be supporting unlicensed Music streaming?
    2. For the above same reason, they can not allow people to use their platform to stream music either.
    3. They can't run a check if a music file is legal or not.

Sorry... but the idea won't work.

under current laws, cryptic most likely wouldn't be liable. all thats happening is a command is sent to an api hook (if I remember the terms right). Winamp is providing the playback, the real-life DJ is providing the stream, all very traceable, all have very legitimate purposes.
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • Options
    f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the problem is that the music player is handled client side, I don't think it's possible to hook that up so that the game can broadcast whatever is being played to everyone in the starbase.

If you really want a dance party, just tell everyone to tune into the same station, you can already do that in game.