What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to: Be Prepared for the launch of Legacy of Romulus

Comments

• Options
    ixandelixandel Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So how do you tell if you purchased this?

I clicked on the buy now graphics on the launcher.. it took me to your website and asked what city i lived in and country.. and then it looked like it completed the transaction.

I didn't get a receipt in the email or nothing.
  • Options
    carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Surely the best way to prepare is to send your DOffs on long missions (a couple of days if possible), and then play something else until the excitement dies down a bit.

Personally, I'll be EvEing it up, those Incursion Sansha need knocking down a peg or two.
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ixandel wrote: »
    So how do you tell if you purchased this?

I clicked on the buy now graphics on the launcher.. it took me to your website and asked what city i lived in and country.. and then it looked like it completed the transaction.

I didn't get a receipt in the email or nothing.

Um...that's not Legacy Of Romulus. That's the Legacy Pack.

Legacy Of Romulus is a free expansion. If you've bought the Legacy Pack under the impression that it includes the expansion itself... :\
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    praetorgeemanpraetorgeeman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    <S>

Jolan'Tru, been waiting 3 years for this,lol. Let the real fun begin.

GFLGeeman, commander GFL Tal Shi'ar battlegroup
  • Options
    malikiusmalikius Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    hmm im going to copy this n send it as a fleet mail great info here that i did no know about

Here it is launch day and their doing maintenance on the shard. :mad: I am so sick of their @W#$.
    What did I pay $300.00 dollars for on a life time membership and be a beta tester and be with him from day 1 for now?

No wonder they are having people complaining so much. Typical, get your money and then just not care about the people who made them rich, typical.

Why couldn't they just do the maintenance at say 1am - to 5am? Now it will take the biggest part of the day.

Their logic escapes me.
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Launcher is up for patching! Server remains down until 12PM PDT (US). Today's patch weighs in at 10GB but I only needed to download 1167KB after doing the items mentioned below. It only took my computer two minutes to patch (full disclosure, I have Windows and STO installed on an SSD. So your times may vary.). But keeping Tribble up to date and Pre-patching works.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited May 2013
    malikius wrote: »
    Here it is launch day and their doing maintenance on the shard. :mad: I am so sick of their @W#$.
    What did I pay $300.00 dollars for on a life time membership and be a beta tester and be with him from day 1 for now?

No wonder they are having people complaining so much. Typical, get your money and then just not care about the people who made them rich, typical.

Why couldn't they just do the maintenance at say 1am - to 5am? Now it will take the biggest part of the day.

Their logic escapes me.

You do realize that this maintenance is for the implementation of Legacy of Romulus right? And depending on work contracts they may have had to do the implementation during normal working shifts? Or that Perfect World sets the time for a time convenient for them?
  • Options
    zhiftfirezhiftfire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    malikius wrote: »

Their logic escapes me.

u mister should get some time off and go walk outside or have some fun with family or friends
    because u are to addicted to this game i feel sorry for you.
  • Options
    bevrastbevrast Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I prepatched, but seems as there are about 250 MB last minute that didn't come in the prepatch. Those few MB takes forever! I have 20mb line here, and a fairly good computer, so I am a little disappointed. seems it's about 0.1 mb/second now. Which means I will not be ready when the servers go online. :(
    draco dormiens nunquam titillandus
    CHRIST.png
  • Options
    xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah the patching now is incredibly slow.
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xhatch wrote: »
    Yeah the patching now is incredibly slow.

Frankly, i'm somewhat amazedtheir servers havent crumpled and died after the up down roller coaster ride theyve been on over the last couple of months.. Slow I can deal with ( though i'd rather not)
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    grievousbeegrievousbee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So much for the launcher knowing you have tribble active and using those files !

I have one update for Tribble of 179Mb however holodack has a 6Gb download and its not exactly fast atm :(

May get in sometime later this week or next week at this rate.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have one update for Tribble of 179Mb however holodack has a 6Gb download and its not exactly fast atm :(

You're lucky ... mine was ten. :eek:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    simonp73simonp73 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have played the game for about 2 weeks, the initial download was fairly sizable. The I log on tonight to find I cant play the game as I have a 6GB patch to download.

This may be a good game, but come on 6GB of data and there doesnt seem to be much download bandwidth on your servers!!!!

Think you should really consider making the patch available offline for people to download and then when they log in it asks for a local or server patch file location so they dont have to be logged in to download the whole 6gb of data from your servers!!!!

Disgruntled federation officer
  • Options
    joelchappelljoelchappell Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really uber dumb question?

So I purchased a lifetime member way back when... Then Life happened and I stopped playing... Then Life became less interesting again and thus I began playing again... Then I started hearing the LoR stuff... As a lifetime member will I just be able to start a Romulan Tune? Do I have to purchase anything?
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really uber dumb question?

So I purchased a lifetime member way back when... Then Life happened and I stopped playing... Then Life became less interesting again and thus I began playing again... Then I started hearing the LoR stuff... As a lifetime member will I just be able to start a Romulan Tune? Do I have to purchase anything?

Nope, it's all free. :)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    joelchappelljoelchappell Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So client launcher updates then 20 minutes of download now I get:

Login Failed for unknown Reason

I can login at the launcher but when it tries to retrieve my characters this is what happens......:rolleyes:
  • Options
    scolouscolou Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait till you get to the fun of trying to log in to get kicked out on toon fetch for AN UNKNOWN REASON lmao
  • Options
    cadelightgunnercadelightgunner Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, now I can't even play the game. *le sigh*. every time I enter the game it loads and brings up a loading screen and it says: "Retrieving list of characters..." Only to find out that it doesn't. Then, it says: "Login failed. Please try and log back in." I try that.....doesn't work. So, I REALLY hope that someone sees this and tells me that I'm just being a n00b and how tofix it or do it properly. PLS HLP!!!:confused::(:confused:
    -32- Vipers, n00b rank
  • Options
    cadelightgunnercadelightgunner Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scolou wrote: »
    Wait till you get to the fun of trying to log in to get kicked out on toon fetch for AN UNKNOWN REASON lmao

I feel you brother...I feel you. Now all there is to do now is to complain to the devs....:D
    -32- Vipers, n00b rank
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    Yeah the downtime thing is a big one. When it comes to such massive changes and additions like this, there's just going to be problems. No way around it. My best advice? Have some snacks and frosty beverages handy for when (when, not if) the servers go down. Then hop on the forums and grab said snacks and beverages. Watch the fun unfold. I do it every time in every MMO I play. Alternatively you can just wait a few days after release to try to play. I've done that too. Day 1 is always insane.

See? I knew what I was talkin' about here! Got myself some ranch flavored wheat thins to munch on while I watch the thread about the Unknown Reason failure thread grow. Frosty beverage is water since I'm poor lol.

Never fails. Ever.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    stryker67stryker67 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My game client keeps crashing post-patch...
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stryker67 wrote: »
    My game client keeps crashing post-patch...

Not missing much, took me hours for it to complete patching (includes downloading from there awesome servers) and so far all i have seen is the login screen then i was kicked out.

As i said in another thread im going bed, swear i said in this thread earlier it would be down guess i was right :rolleyes:
  • Options
    caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a shame you didnt take a leaf out of your own book with regards to the launch at your end developers. Im not usually whiner, i normally defend the game and its staff.

However, i have to say i am REALLY DISAPPOINTED with this launch. I paid for a legacy pack and cant even enjoy it as the server lag is so bad. Now i cant even log back in.

FIX THE SERVER ASAP PLEASE!
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I find interesting is getting booted after logging in, but the game tells me "login failed for unknown reason". I could see it saying this if I was not logged in, but I log in, I get to character select, I select my character, then it hangs out for a while "retrieving map information" then logs me off, saying that. That is an issue if players are logged in but being logged out randomly.

Not whining . . . but I have not seen my particular problem mentioned here, as everyone else is saying they are getting this error while trying to log in. Mine is after I am already in, so i hope this information helps some.
  • Options
    nasaman48nasaman48 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After careful consideration....

I have come to a firm belief.

Perfect World does not know what they are doing.

I can not log into the game. It never goes beyond the character loading.

On the very rare occasion that it does, it craps out while loading maps.

Your New Patch (Romulus) SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

If I can not access the game, I promise to have my money refunded by means of a lawsuit.

So either you FIX the game, uninstall the Romulus patch until you can get a better server or you start handing out free Zen to all of us you are TRIBBLE over.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    DOUBLE POST - Disregard
  • Options
    sjameshsjamesh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nasaman48 wrote: »
    After careful consideration....

I have come to a firm belief.

Perfect World does not know what they are doing.

I can not log into the game. It never goes beyond the character loading.

On the very rare occasion that it does, it craps out while loading maps.

Your New Patch (Romulus) SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

If I can not access the game, I promise to have my money refunded by means of a lawsuit.

So either you FIX the game, uninstall the Romulus patch until you can get a better server or you start handing out free Zen to all of us you are TRIBBLE over.

Don't listen to him Cryptic. Your games are epic. Some people just have to find a reason to hate everything. It's in their nature. He won't win a lawsuit either. You didn't force him to pay anything. It was his choice. That's why the game is F2P. As for me, it's working completely fine and already LOVE this update.
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just saw this and think the target audience is misplaced. *We* were ready for LoR. Why weren't the login servers?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sjamesh wrote: »
    Don't listen to him Cryptic. Your games are epic. Some people just have to find a reason to hate everything. It's in their nature.

Hey Dipshyt.... Cryptic games may be epic but when it comes to this patch....

IT SUCKS ROYALLY!!!!!!!!!!

I don't hate everything. So don't judge me when you don't know a facking thing about me.

They better listen.

But, I can see where you are coming from. Sadly I could NEVER lower myself to that level,

But if you wish to kiss their arses, feel free. You have brown nosing down perfectly.