test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question... Is the RP dead in STO?

124»

Comments

• dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is RP dead? absolutely not, will there be trolls yes, but when someone takes a screen shot of your character and posts it on the internet and makes fun of it, it gets personal :mad:.... to some people am I asking them to care? no i'm not for people do what ever they please but all i'm saying is that some people take this very sensitively.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited May 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    So we basically have two members of Dental on here... admitting that they engage in behavior that violates the TOS.

...yet nothing is done.

In a nutshell, Cryptic doesn't care if the game is broken/glitched, doesn't care if the graphics are shot to heck, doesn't care if there are child molesters bragging about themselves in channel, and doesn't care one iota that people brag about violating the TOS... on a public forum.

:confused: Ya know what I'm done posting here. This has been forwarded to a couple of contacts I have at Cryptic along with screen-grabs of the posts in question. If the community moderators and community managers and so-called "GMs" aren't going to step up I'm making an end-run.

This is exactly what I was talking about. There is no ToS breach by Dental members. We are all victims of harassment. We have done what we can to report every pedophile to the GMs and you are now accusing us of the very thing we've been stopping. This is a highly offensive claim to make. I recommend that you seek help from a medical health professional immediately (yes in real life).

It is clear now that this thread is not about role playing at all. It is just for crackpots to harrass Starfleet Dental.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited May 2013
    It should be noted that after GMs have taken action it is not unusual for us to receive death threats. Death threats are not role playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this thread is no reason to stay as far away as possible from "RP" in this game, I don't know what is....
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi,

This thread is now officially off the rails and way off-topic. A simple question about RP doesn't need to turn into what is shaping up as a very hostile conversation.

If you have something to report about the in-game conduct of specific individuals and fleets, then please report it in-game. It doesn't belong here. That comment is addressed to all of the players in this little drama, on both sides.

Therefore, I'm closing this thread down with my trusty [Wide Angle Forum Phaser Mk XIV [+Mod][-Flames]].

"ZAP!"

For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).

If you think any of your posts within a thread have violated the PWE Community Rules and Policies, please edit your posts before a moderator takes action.

If you feel you need to get in touch with PWE BranFlakes to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).

Live Long and Prosper,
    Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.