test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Antiproton vs Chroniton

captweaverscaptweavers Member Posts: 44 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvP Gameplay
Hey guys, I'm thinking of changing my Jem Bug build a little. I presently use all fleet antiproton DHC / turrets accx2 dmgx2 and was thinking of changing out one of the DHC and replacing it with either a fleet antiproton dual beam bank accx2 dmgx2 or the lobi chroniton dual beam array?? Which one is better??
Would using one of these with beam overload increase my spike damage?? Is the change worth it??
Thanks for any help guys.
Post edited by captweavers on

Comments

• ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey guys, I'm thinking of changing my Jem Bug build a little. I presently use all fleet antiproton DHC / turrets accx2 dmgx2 and was thinking of changing out one of the DHC and replacing it with either a fleet antiproton dual beam bank accx2 dmgx2 or the lobi chroniton dual beam array?? Which one is better??
    Would using one of these with beam overload increase my spike damage?? Is the change worth it??
    Thanks for any help guys.

If I remember correctly the Lobi Beam array has 0 acc mods.

I would go with the Fleet AP ACCx2 out of your two choices.
  • maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    if you want flash/bling then id say the double rainbow beams of doom would be right up your way.

crewmen- "SIR that ship is shooting FREAKING RAINBOWS AT US!"
    captain- "OMG!"
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rainbow beam was acc2
    edited April 2013
    rainbow beam was acc2

Was, but no longer is, correct?
  • shookyangshookyang Member Posts: 1,122
    edited April 2013
    Chroniton beam bank has a chance to debuff turn rate and speed and has a [crtd] modifier (total 40% critical severity....20% from being Antiproton, 20% from crtd, I'd imagine).

Yeah, you're losing some accuracy, but at least you're getting the movement debuff proc and extra critical severity.

If you use tractors and BO, it'll be a nice combo.
  • istvaanshogaatsuistvaanshogaatsu Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The chroniton beam is terribly, terribly inaccurate in PVP.

If you've already got the tachyokinetic converter and are looking for a 2nd piece to temporal warfare set, get the temporal disruption device instead. It's like a tricobalt that doesn't suck and slows the TRIBBLE out of your targets.
    edited April 2013
    Was, but no longer is, correct?

did they change it? i recall it being acc2, because i remember thinking that it was basically viable for BO if i ever decided to get one
    edited April 2013
    shookyang wrote: »
    Yeah, you're losing some accuracy, but at least you're getting the movement debuff proc and extra critical severity.

You have to hit first before you can CrtD or Debuff movement with a 2.5% chance to proc. ;)

did they change it? i recall it being acc2, because i remember thinking that it was basically viable for BO if i ever decided to get one

I believe it's been changed and no longer has any ACC mods.
    edited April 2013
    I believe it's been changed and no longer has any ACC mods.

wtf? :rolleyes: did i miss the rage? when did that happen? id be PISSED if they changed that on me, after spending 200 lobi
    edited April 2013
    wtf? :rolleyes: did i miss the rage? when did that happen? id be PISSED if they changed that on me, after spending 200 lobi

Yeah, to be honest I'm not sure what actually happened or when.

My memory is kind of vague on this one, but I remember it having ACC as well.

Then when I took a look at it in the lobi store a month ago, I was surprised there was no ACC.
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, to be honest I'm not sure what actually happened or when.

My memory is kind of vague on this one, but I remember it having ACC as well.

Then when I took a look at it in the lobi store a month ago, I was surprised there was no ACC.

They took the Acc out because it was way too OP.......

for my monitor :D
    I got acute color blind
    MT - Sad Pandas