Install Arc
Options

The Starbase Guide, by Mimey

2»

Comments

• Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So once you've got a Fleet, and have a Federation starbase underway, how do you add the Romulan side to the Fleet? Our fleet hasn't got a Romulan wing (yet), and I wasn't privvy to the original Fleet creation, but I'm willing to spearhead the next wing. I just need to know how it ties in with the other Fleet holdings... :o

Unfortunately there is no 'Romulan' side to things. There's an Embassy you can build on New Romulus, but that's really a Federation Embassy on a Romulan planet.

In terms of Romulan characters, you can invite Federation-aligned Romulans without too much trouble like any other character, as long as they have of course chosen a side.

But there's no 'Romulan wing' to make I'm afraid, unless you are wanting to make a Romulans-only fleet, but that is still going to use all the same art assets and such as the current things do now.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Unfortunately there is no 'Romulan' side to things.

Hmmm...well, since the Romulans appear to be relatively new to STO, maybe Cryptic will continue to expand this side of the game. It makes perfect sense to me to have all three factions playable at the same level within a fleet, once the infrastructure is established. Guess I'll have to spend some of 2014 "pre-grinding" in anticipation! :D
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hmmm...well, since the Romulans appear to be relatively new to STO, maybe Cryptic will continue to expand this side of the game. It makes perfect sense to me to have all three factions playable at the same level within a fleet, once the infrastructure is established. Guess I'll have to spend some of 2014 "pre-grinding" in anticipation! :D

I wish you well in your endeavor. :)
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Update as of 1/20/14: Fixed a few typos, updated some information, erased a couple things that no longer mattered, and so on. Plus of course, shameless bump. :P