test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You guys!

justiceface825justiceface825 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Klingon Discussion
I'm thinking of starting a KDF character(just hit 24) but I need to know if it's worth it. What makes it worth it you ask? Simple. How many times do I hear this while playing a KDF character https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNTVzwjEyb4

:D
Post edited by justiceface825 on

Comments

• misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Personally, I prefer the DS9 version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBZ2MEBTYJs

...and I can actually sing it.:)
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I play it in background when Im not on a TS channel while I play my toon. Mix in some modern klingon bands and some acrutememts makes for a grwat time.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can hear the warriors singing this whenever you enter the Hall of Warriors on Qo'noS. Also they sing it in the battle arenas on Forcas III.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • hjorlwulfhjorlwulf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You really wanna rock the Klingon - try this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SyyZPstIhc

Qapla'
    "...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl

"Dan and Cryptic have spoken out the sides of their mouths so much I expect beads, whiskey and Polio blankets for the KDF any day now." - Roach
    edited April 2013
    Combat music!
    Qa'pla!

R.I.P
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hjorlwulf wrote: »
    You really wanna rock the Klingon - try this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SyyZPstIhc

Qapla'

Hey, that tune has my avatar on the video!! :)

Qapla'!:D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited April 2013
    I don't bother putting it on cause the sounds of dying and exploding feds drown it out.
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For those members of the Defense Force who wish to really get your blood pumping for battle I direct you here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SyyZPstIhc&list=PL35684101621E4945
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't make a KDF... You will be dissapointed...

In their current state, they just aren't worth the efford.

Now if you wait untill after May 21'st... That should be interesting, cause then you can start from Level 1, instead of level 18.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited April 2013
    Very worth it...

1. Half the amount of leveling
    2. BoP and battle cloak
    3. Best arc .. Felkhir
    4. Tons of dilithium missions
    5. Fun PvP
    6. Klingon hub is more interesting that fed one
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'd wait till they become a proper faction on May 21st.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Don't make a KDF... You will be dissapointed...

In their current state, they just aren't worth the efford.

Now if you wait untill after May 21'st... That should be interesting, cause then you can start from Level 1, instead of level 18.

You may have been disapointed, but I for one have never regretted lvling my KDF toons. Though I did have to delete my 3 lower lvl ones to make room for future Romulans, but I still have four Kdf toons :)
    edited April 2013
    After so long in the game, STO would feel empty without the KDF.
    Its well worth the plunge.

R.I.P
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    You may have been disapointed, but I for one have never regretted lvling my KDF toons. Though I did have to delete my 3 lower lvl ones to make room for future Romulans, but I still have four Kdf toons :)

I was talking about the "having to do it backwards" thing...

Personally I still find the KDF boring as ... Something I am not allowed to say... but still... That might change if I could do it over with the incoming changes.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • justiceface825justiceface825 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so I did it and i'm having a lot of fun. May not go back to my fed character for a long time.Huzzah!
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In honor of this thread title, I just couldn't help it...
    XzRTofz.gif
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so I did it and i'm having a lot of fun. May not go back to my fed character for a long time. Huzzah!

You're a Klingon Warrior. You say Qapla'! now. ;)
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • generalkrasgeneralkras Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would I have preferred a full, complete, fleshed out PvE experience as a Klingon? Probably, massively wasted potential there for the stories they could have told. But then again, I take it as an earned badge of honor that my KDF toon was leveled in the way true Klingons ascend...over the shattered hulls of other people's ships. :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sulfrustriplesulfrustriple Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    creating a new KDF toon now would be a wise move. You will hit endgame faster and see how you like the KDF skills and develop cloaking capabilities in advance of the Romulan release. If you need a kdf fleet to join with to assist you, contact House of Puv'taj or any online Ninth Fleet members who will help you out.
  • pinkrikerpinkriker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyyjCn1ML3k

this gets me going everytime
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm thinking of starting a KDF character(just hit 24) but I need to know if it's worth it. What makes it worth it you ask? Simple. How many times do I hear this while playing a KDF character https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNTVzwjEyb4

:D

At the risk of angering my Klingon brothers and sisters, I would recommend going with a Reman allied to the KDF. You will enjoy the same lore and cool missions as them and you get the added benefit of flying the rommie ships. It's also cool to think of the strong alliance that could develop between the Klings and Reams given that both are a strong and honorable warrior people.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do Feddies get to descend into the depths of Hell and fight demons and ghost warriors? No, they do not, such a badass adventure is reserved for the KDF only.
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ah yes, fighting demons. Let me note for the record that the toon in the avatar image (over there <-- ) running those missions with a scantily dressed Orion felt right at home! I got some great screen shots.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've wanted to run a Gorn for a long time, pretty much been waiting until they rolled out the ability to start KDF at level 1.

Now's my chance. :D
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I've wanted to run a Gorn for a long time, pretty much been waiting until they rolled out the ability to start KDF at level 1.

You will not be disappointed. Gorn lay waste to everything in hand-to-hand combat and they look absolutely awesome in the helmetless version of the KHG armor.
    edited May 2013

Have you tasted the new tutorial yet? Try it.

R.I.P
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Have you tasted the new tutorial yet? Try it.

I have and it was delicious. I have to say, granted I have barely started the new KDF content (I have been waiting to start a Klingon from level 1, which I can now do) but what I have started is really quite good. Legacy of Romulus seems to finally have all that cryptic has been promising to deliver for some time now. and I am really enjoying it.
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish we could have the TMP klingon music as like the standard KDF music, then switch to a heavier version when you enter combat. Would so make me play KDF more! I think all the factions should have their own exploration and combat music
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That..!

note: not for the gorn, but I wanted to roll a KDF (Klingon) since closed beta, but been waiting for a lvl 1 starting option... May 21st is it.
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • amoroxicamoroxic Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3vF9LXZePE

In case anyone wonders of where the OP video is coming from :)

1h of klingon way of live, kinda poor script but hey... it's funny at times

Qapla'