Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic: April 2013

1235»

Comments

• Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My main problem is still having to do all that reputation grinding on several characters.

If you want to do tholian on all your characters plus maco and romulan rep on both of your romulan characters :(

Good to see some new kling outfits though I hope they look great.
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    vestereng wrote: »
    My main problem is still having to do all that reputation grinding on several characters.

If you want to do tholian on all your characters plus maco and romulan rep on both of your romulan characters :(

Good to see some new kling outfits though I hope they look great.

This is the reason I am reluctant to make ANY new characters. Sure I would like to make a Romulan. But I still have 5 alts to get to tier 5. 2 already there. I have no interest in doing this over and over again. Rep should be done on 1 character and the gear we want should be tradable to the others.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ""Q: (kirimuffin) Will Romulans have access to their allies' C-Store ships and consoles? When a Romulan character opens a console reward pack from a lockbox, what (if anything) will she get?

STO Team: As revealed in a recent blog, there has been a change in which allied ships members of the Romulan Republic can command. Romulans will have access to Tier 4 and lower C-Store ships and consoles from those ships, but will not be able to command Tier 5 (Rear Admiral, Vice Admiral, Brigadier General, or Lieutenant General) ships.""

I am kinda puzzled with this Q/A. whats the point even choosing allies if Romulans
    are going to be limited to what they can access on there allied faction...

or am i getting the wrong idea?
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Politics.

The Romulans are playing both sides of a war, and even in peacetime these two factions wouldn't turn over their top of the line hardware to all but their most trusted allies. Certainly not to a morally ambiguous one like the Romulans. More so, the Klingons very much aren't running a charity, and while the Federation often seems to think it is, it's not big on arms trades to begin with.

So you can have the older hardware, that you can use to haul stuff around and defend against pirates with, but nothing that we wouldn't be quite easily able to take away from you if you decide this whole peaceful coexistence thing was a mistake. You want something that can bite the hand that feeds you? Then build it yourself. We're not that stupid. (Not even the Klingons! See, J'm? I got your back!)

It took your planet blowing up to dial the moustache twirling back to nine, we're gonna wait a while for you to all get nice and settled in on New Romulus and see if it holds up first, okay?

Now...

Pee in this cup so we can count the Thalaron particles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    svwilsonsvwilson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That would be like saying Nurse Chapel is actually voicing the computer in TNG because Majel Barrett happens to voice both :P

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Remember "The Cage"/"The Menagerie"? Remember the first officer, "Number One"? One of the novels says she programmed the original bridge computers and used her own voice for it.

And Number One, like most Trek characters, was played by Majel Barrett.