test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Question

vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
I've been playing some foundry missions, and I was wondering how someone goes about creating a Legacy floater message. I'd like to use a couple in the next mission I'm currently working on.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've been playing some foundry missions, and I was wondering how someone goes about creating a Legacy floater message. I'd like to use a couple in the next mission I'm currently working on.

Legacy floater message?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited April 2013
    I think he means the dialogue that pops up in the little windows with no buttons that go away after a few seconds. In the new UI, they're a lot bigger. Unfortunately we can't make them.

Wish we could, especially cause I think those messages will not decloak the player, but we can't.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    I think he means the dialogue that pops up in the little windows with no buttons that go away after a few seconds. In the new UI, they're a lot bigger. Unfortunately we can't make them.

Wish we could, especially cause I think those messages will not decloak the player, but we can't.

That's not what I meant. In some foundry missions, similar to the announcement of someone getting a lockbox ship, there's messages that pop up in yellow text. I'm wondering how someone goes about inserting that into their mission.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited April 2013
    ooh that.

What that is, is reach text. Put down a reach marker, attach it to a reach marker objective in the storyline. In that objective there is a field called "Reach Text" this is what you're looking for. I don't see a way to do it without an objective though.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Maybe you can use location triggers? Reach markers don't need to be part of a quest objective.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For the Reach Text, they do.

As the reach text appears as a field in the objective box in the story tab but not on the actual waypoint itself on the map.
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I side note on this, in order for a reach marker to trigger, the player must be outside the reach marker and move into it. You can't have a reach marker appear on top of a player location just to trigger the fly-in text. I've tried and it won't trigger until the player moves out and back in.