test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What does it take to get action around here!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Lascivius wrote: »

I find the general tone of these forums to be bizarre and exclusive. I play games for the product that they offer, not for the 20+ day waiting period for them to fix a broken "feature" of the game. It would be one thing if it worked and I had creative input on how to improve things... it wholly another thing to expect paying users to do the Dev's dirty work for them. If I wanted to spend my precious time in Quality Assurance, I would find a job doing so. And since I don't, I will likely be another of those subscribers that drop my subscription out of frustration with yet another MMO business model that fails to sustain itself because of red tape and petty business politics..

I agree with you about the forums. The snottiness I've seen around here can ONLY be brought to bear by Star Trek Fans. I so feel you on this.

As far as doing the Devs work for them, please let me explain to you my take on MMOs:

I began playing MUDs in 1991, and ended up playing FEDERATION on GEnie. This was before AOL, Before WWW, before even a 486 computer. The number one console in the country was the Sega Genesis. I then joined an online game called GemStone III, and played it for the next 11 years. I also played Beta & full release of DragonRealms, Asheron's call, Everquest, SWG Beta & full game until nerf of Combat Medic/sniper, and now STO beta and full game.

In nearly 20 years of playing online games, specifically MMOs, every single product I have played has required that players be guinea pigs. You may not like it, but that is part and parcel of the way these things work.

I understand where you are coming from, I simply and without any animosity disagree. We are the most important resource the DEVs have; the attitude that people shouldn't complain without contributing is a mechanism by which peer pressure is applied in order to cause an aggragate change.

I kind of pointed out in my OP that I feel as if I shouldn't have to make such a stink to get ANYTHING fixed, let alone a gaming mechanism that worked for six months before soem braniac decided to break crafting by distributing a known issue in the patch. So, we are in agreement on multiple fronts.

In the end, I feel that in order to get a solution, that one must work against the problem, rather than be indignant that Cryptic uses us as unpaid testers. We are very much in agreement on many other things.

Thanks for your posts.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    superchum wrote: »
    Here's something for all of us to think about in light of the point you're making ...

Since a lot of these bugs do make it live ... and everyone (including those who don't go to Tribble) ... plays and encounters them when they make it live ...

Doesn't everyone eventually get to a point where they are testing this content anyways?

It's sort of an extension of the whole gag/slam/complaint that we're all still beta testing the game after launch.

I'm not trying to present it quite in that light. But am suggesting that maybe we're all testers by virtue of playing the game Live anyways.

A very valid point Superchum. None of us can get away from testing.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The idea that someone who doesn't take the time to test and report data to the developer's has zero right to complain about a broken game mechanic is utterly ludicrous. In nearly every other industry, focus groups are paid for their time and effort, or at least compensated in some other fashion.

If this were a free game, then I would agree with the notion. But if people pay their hard-earned dollars to be provided with a product, whether it be a game, a car, or an electric razor. QA/R&D is not and should not ever be something that the consumer should be expected to participate in to have the right to complain about not receiving a functional product.

If my electric razor malfunctions in the first week that I buy it, I expect a replacement or a repair, no questions asked. I fail to see how a broken game mechanic in an MMO is any different from this idea.

You are 100% correct.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The other issue with the curretn patch is that of right now it has not fixed the teaming issue for cluster space either.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    All a good read, well put and appreciated.

Personally, I waited quite a while to buy a sub and start the game, on the premise that the passage of time would allow devs to iron out those problems that would - inevitably - ship with release. I started a week or so before Season 2 was released and because of the data sample messups have been unable to farm enough data samples (specifically, tetryon and tachyon energy types) to progress my main character's crafting skills. Up she went to VA only to hit the wall of bugged (empty) loot drops. So out came character number two in the hope that I could collect enough of the required samples to progress my VAs crafting. Given the quantity required, and the fact that tetryon/tachyon samples only seemed to drop for me within quest-maps and NOT from clusters, I am, so far, failing. Character number two is now mid-Captain rank, is still not having energy sample drops from clusters, and last night I created character number three to level up... as most of the samples I need seem to only come from mission maps of a particular level-range, as I said. My original VA is still only half-way through the advanced crafting levels.

So... I too find it very frustrating and disappointing that this problem is still un-addressed and crazy that I'm having to use up more character slots to progress the crafting of my original character.

Action on this issue? Damned right! If a 'please' would help... then PLEASE!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Here's something for all of us to think about in light of the point you're making ...

Since a lot of these bugs do make it live ... and everyone (including those who don't go to Tribble) ... plays and encounters them when they make it live ...

Doesn't everyone eventually get to a point where they are testing this content anyways?

It's sort of an extension of the whole gag/slam/complaint that we're all still beta testing the game after launch.

I'm not trying to present it quite in that light. But am suggesting that maybe we're all testers by virtue of playing the game Live anyways.

Quite true, I do report bugs in game (through the bug reporting tool) when I encounter them and try to explain what was happening when I encountered them. I just don't have the time to make a comprehensive listing of datum regarding said bugs... and to write detailed forum posts regarding the issue.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I agree with you about the forums. The snottiness I've seen around here can ONLY be brought to bear by Star Trek Fans. I so feel you on this.

As far as doing the Devs work for them, please let me explain to you my take on MMOs:

I began playing MUDs in 1991, and ended up playing FEDERATION on GEnie. This was before AOL, Before WWW, before even a 486 computer. The number one console in the country was the Sega Genesis. I then joined an online game called GemStone III, and played it for the next 11 years. I also played Beta & full release of DragonRealms, Asheron's call, Everquest, SWG Beta & full game until nerf of Combat Medic/sniper, and now STO beta and full game.

In nearly 20 years of playing online games, specifically MMOs, every single product I have played has required that players be guinea pigs. You may not like it, but that is part and parcel of the way these things work.

I understand where you are coming from, I simply and without any animosity disagree. We are the most important resource the DEVs have; the attitude that people shouldn't complain without contributing is a mechanism by which peer pressure is applied in order to cause an aggragate change.

I kind of pointed out in my OP that I feel as if I shouldn't have to make such a stink to get ANYTHING fixed, let alone a gaming mechanism that worked for six months before soem braniac decided to break crafting by distributing a known issue in the patch. So, we are in agreement on multiple fronts.

In the end, I feel that in order to get a solution, that one must work against the problem, rather than be indignant that Cryptic uses us as unpaid testers. We are very much in agreement on many other things.

Thanks for your posts.

Understood, I have respect for your perspective and have changed mine somewhat from the thoughts that you have shared here. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Nubia wrote:
    All a good read, well put and appreciated.

Personally, I waited quite a while to buy a sub and start the game, on the premise that the passage of time would allow devs to iron out those problems that would - inevitably - ship with release. I started a week or so before Season 2 was released and because of the data sample messups have been unable to farm enough data samples (specifically, tetryon and tachyon energy types) to progress my main character's crafting skills. Up she went to VA only to hit the wall of bugged (empty) loot drops. So out came character number two in the hope that I could collect enough of the required samples to progress my VAs crafting. Given the quantity required, and the fact that tetryon/tachyon samples only seemed to drop for me within quest-maps and NOT from clusters, I am, so far, failing. Character number two is now mid-Captain rank, is still not having energy sample drops from clusters, and last night I created character number three to level up... as most of the samples I need seem to only come from mission maps of a particular level-range, as I said. My original VA is still only half-way through the advanced crafting levels.

So... I too find it very frustrating and disappointing that this problem is still un-addressed and crazy that I'm having to use up more character slots to progress the crafting of my original character.

Action on this issue? Damned right! If a 'please' would help... then PLEASE!

I found that at mid-high Captain levels in the patrol missions around DS9, that those patrol missions provided a full spectrum of sample drops, both in system space and on ground missions. It was still bugged within exploration missions, space/ground only dropping tier one samples. But when you are in exploration space from the anomalous readings there, you only receive technology samples, I believe... but a full-spectrum of level appropriate tech samples at that.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    LOL, MMO's are not Razors, I have never received a free patch/upgrade (even bugged) for my razor. I am curious to your experience with MMO's, this has happened with every MMO I have ever played. There are always going to be bugs, yes, even bugs that were reported in testing and still didn’t get fixed, making it into the game.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Urantia wrote: »
    You are 100% correct.

Yeah, but don't expect the Devs or the community to see any credence in your refusing to provide feedback...yet still complain.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yep. Patrol missions and questline missions are the only places I've been able to get tetryon/tachyon samples... but in insufficient quantity for crafting-levelling purposes. They're not dropping for me in ANY clusters, as I said. Obviously, my VA can't do those patrol/quests again and my Captain has now done those... so... another character is the only way. Nutsville! :D

Unless anyone knows a secret spot for these samples?

I found that at mid-high Captain levels in the patrol missions around DS9, that those patrol missions provided a full spectrum of sample drops, both in system space and on ground missions. It was still bugged within exploration missions, space/ground only dropping tier one samples. But when you are in exploration space from the anomalous readings there, you only receive technology samples, I believe... but a full-spectrum of level appropriate tech samples at that.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Nubia wrote:
    Yep. Patrol missions and questline missions are the only places I've been able to get tetryon/tachyon samples... but in insufficient quantity for crafting-levelling purposes. They're not dropping for me in ANY clusters, as I said. Obviously, my VA can't do those patrol/quests again and my Captain has now done those... so... another character is the only way. Nutsville! :D

There is none.

The only time that all 18 samples are allowed to drop is on the scripted missions, like "Cage of Fire"

All REDS drop in normal space and on ground

ALL technologicals drop in sector space, mission level appropriate

The missions do not provide enough drop rate to continue to craft.

Crafting has been destroyed.

21 days and counting
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Nubia wrote:

Find a mission that starts with space, ignore objectives and collect the samples. Warp out, drop mission, retake. Rinse and repeat. A total pain, but probably better than having to create multiple alts. Toughts?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Bsranger wrote: »
    Find a mission that starts with space, ignore objectives and collect the samples. Warp out, drop mission, retake. Rinse and repeat. A total pain, but probably better than having to create multiple alts. Toughts?

This IS the only way to obtain these and still remain a crafter.

I did it for a week and I was so disgusted at the little return that I gave it up.

BUT, if you need to finish crafting, this is how it is done! ^^
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Good lateral thinking, batman. I'll give that a try... thanks x

To be honest, as others intended I'm sure, I wanted to develop crafting not just to make a buck but primarily to provide better equipment for alts than I could manage first time around. Yes, to have to resort to quest-dropping/retaking IS a pain... and yes, Mr Luminous is right to say that currently, crafting has been (deliberately it seems, or at least as a pre-crime) allowed to fail. I'd like it fixed.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Nubia wrote:
    Good lateral thinking, batman. I'll give that a try... thanks x

To be honest, as others intended I'm sure, I wanted to develop crafting not just to make a buck but primarily to provide better equipment for alts than I could manage first time around. Yes, to have to resort to quest-dropping/retaking IS a pain... and yes, Mr Luminous is right to say that currently, crafting has been (deliberately it seems, or at least as a pre-crime) allowed to fail. I'd like it fixed.

Well, right now its about 1pm cst. I'll be playing STO tonight. Please PM me your crafters name@name so that i can get together with you tonight. I probably have enough samples saved to help you out.

edit: What is happening to kirk in that pic? Looks like he is being violated.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I was under the impression the game was still suffering from the bug that if you exit a mission and then try to re-enter the mission, it sends you to a different map. This has been my biggest problem with exploration since 2.0 was on Tribble. It makes Aid the Planets way more frustrating as you can't leave, go buy stuff at the cheap vendor, and come back. When you come back you lose the mission. You also can't save some missions for later (like say you don't have time to fight that enemy confrontation ... but might have the time a little later).

It's also the key to the semi-exploit I've been taking advantage of in B'Tran VA to get emblems quicker. (Basically it sends you to the SAME different map everytime. So you leave, say, an enemy confrontation mission, and then try to re-enter and it sends you to a scan 5 space anomaly mission. Later, you leave an Aid the Planet mission. Then try to re-enter, it sends you to the exact same scan 5 space anomaly mission. So ... I ended up getting the broken Enemy confrontation mission that gives you XP credit but no enemies to fight. I keep that original mission ... which was an asteroid base investigation IIRC ... up and then in B'Tran VA, every OTHER mission I do is that. I race less since I have access to it anywhere in the zone. And it's just fly forward at full impulse, click through, get credit. If they EVER bothered to fix the bugged missions, and the B'Tran VA overcrowding, I'd be more inclined to stop taking advantage of their bugs. But since those same bugs forced me to grind through diplomacy way more than I had to ... Jiro sent me to at least a dozen combat missions in Khazan during my climb through the diplo ranks ... I simply feel this is retribution for that nonsense).
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I was under the impression the game was still suffering from the bug that if you exit a mission and then try to re-enter the mission, it sends you to a different map. This has been my biggest problem with exploration since 2.0 was on Tribble. It makes Aid the Planets way more frustrating as you can't leave, go buy stuff at the cheap vendor, and come back. When you come back you lose the mission. You also can't save some missions for later (like say you don't have time to fight that enemy confrontation ... but might have the time a little later).

It's also the key to the semi-exploit I've been taking advantage of in B'Tran VA to get emblems quicker. (Basically it sends you to the SAME different map everytime. So you leave, say, an enemy confrontation mission, and then try to re-enter and it sends you to a scan 5 space anomaly mission. Later, you leave an Aid the Planet mission. Then try to re-enter, it sends you to the exact same scan 5 space anomaly mission. So ... I ended up getting the broken Enemy confrontation mission that gives you XP credit but no enemies to fight. I keep that original mission ... which was an asteroid base investigation IIRC ... up and then in B'Tran VA, every OTHER mission I do is that. I race less since I have access to it anywhere in the zone. And it's just fly forward at full impulse, click through, get credit. If they EVER bothered to fix the bugged missions, and the B'Tran VA overcrowding, I'd be more inclined to stop taking advantage of their bugs. But since those same bugs forced me to grind through diplomacy way more than I had to ... Jiro sent me to at least a dozen combat missions in Khazan during my climb through the diplo ranks ... I simply feel this is retribution for that nonsense).

Yes, I feel "punished" at times by the game engine. The broken "aid the planet", the broken diplo missions, being unable to craft, losing out on at least 2 million credits a day.

Some people act like I should calm down and let things be, but the fact of the matter is so simple that I can't get over it:

Cryptic took a mechanic that worked, (for SIX months!!!), modified this mechanic for a "content update" and mangled that mechanic so that it is basically USELESS.

What the fruit loops! I'm stupified that this was allowed to continue more than TWO days. It has been 21 days. WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED FOR GOOD!?

I'm so disgusted and tired of being punished. All I want to do is play the game that worked 22 days ago.

Why is this so BLEEPING hard? Why has there been MINIMAL discussion by the DEVs about this issue?

I've seen nice posts and angry posts, and I've posted a few myself (haha), and yet I have not seen any solid information from anyone about the destruction of data samples.

What does it take to get things resolved? WHY is it so hard? It CAN'T be THAT hard, can it? They are putting endless items in the c-store but wont let me make my own?

<sarcasm>
    OH I GET IT!!!! Buy from the c-store, forget trying to craft. Why didn't I think of that.
    </sarcasm>
  • Options
    edited August 2010

the fact of the matter is so simple that I can't get over it:

Cryptic took a mechanic that worked, (for SIX months!!!), modified this mechanic for a "content update" and mangled that mechanic so that it is basically USELESS.

What the fruit loops! I'm stupified that this was allowed to continue more than TWO days. It has been 21 days. WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED FOR GOOD!?

I pretty much feel the same way. It's frustrating. Very frustrating. And you touch on why it's so frustrating. The system was working. And then 2.0, diplomacy namely, broke it. And it's been quite some time that it's been allowed live while broken. The bugs were reported when it was being tested. They were even fixed briefly. But changes between the last patch on tribble and moving it live ... broke it thoroughly.

/sigh
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Yes, I feel "punished" at times by the game engine. The broken "aid the planet", the broken diplo missions, being unable to craft, losing out on at least 2 million credits a day.

Some people act like I should calm down and let things be, but the fact of the matter is so simple that I can't get over it:

I'm so disgusted and tired of being punished. All I want to do is play the game that worked 22 days ago.

Why is this so BLEEPING hard? Why has there been MINIMAL discussion by the DEVs about this issue?

I've seen nice posts and angry posts, and I've posted a few myself (haha), and yet I have not seen any solid information from anyone about the destruction of data samples.

What does it take to get things resolved? WHY is it so hard? It CAN'T be THAT hard, can it? They are putting endless items in the c-store but wont let me make my own?

<sarcasm>
    OH I GET IT!!!! Buy from the c-store, forget trying to craft. Why didn't I think of that.
    </sarcasm>

We are saying calm down, not because you are not justified, but because more calm posts get more rational responces from the community and devs. I wouldn't want you ( or anyone for that matter) to get hit with a ban hammer because thier emotions took control of they keyboard. I let myself rant hard core a couple of times, and effectively crippled my credibility for weeks.

Much love :)

The Ranger
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    We are saying calm down, not because you are not justified, but because more calm posts get more rational responces from the community and devs. I wouldn't want you ( or anyone for that matter) to get hit with a ban hammer because thier emotions took control of they keyboard. I let myself rant hard core a couple of times, and effectively crippled my credibility for weeks.

Much love :)

The Ranger

Many thanks!

I so hear you, thats why I do my best to write "tongue in cheek".

So the question is, at what point do gripe? At what point do we decide to drop things because nothing is being done. (yes yes, I know all about tribble patch working....sort of). Has ANY DEV come onto the boards and detailed whats going on with anomalies? NOOOOOOOOOOOPE!

This issue has caused people to stop subscribing to this game. Its not a non-issue. This issue is relevant and we as members should be kept informed. I've seen mention of anomaly fix in release notes and ONE post by Stormshade saying that the issue is being worked on.

How is this any way to fix anything!? I spent the first week that this issue happened in gathering tons of data which I reporterd to the DEVs. We KNEW this issue existed BEFORE the patch came to Holodeck.

I'm rather calm, but Inside I'm worked up ovver this entire mess. Its just so ridiculous that they broke a working mechanic and then havent fixed it for almost a month........and on top of this........

No apology
    No interaction with players on the boards desrcibing the issues observed
    Absolute minimum response (single line in release notes, single post by stormshade)
    And again, the issue is STILL ongoing.

So yeah, I appreciate your concern over my posts and loss of credibility. At least my credibility isn't as bad as the DEV who broke crafting.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ...Crafting has been destroyed.

21 days and counting
    Superluminous I feel your pain, Brother, I do.

I've been playing STO since the end of Feb. Early on, before the first MemAlpha make-over, I dabbled in crafting, just to see what these data samples were all about. But at the time I found I could grind for badges/medals and/or buy items from the Exchange (you're welcome) faster/that were better and I didn't have to put out the Crafting effort. So I hadn't been back. I mostly kept all the anomalies I found since then, just in case, though, so I was all stocked up.

Recently, while doing FDC Missions at Mem Alpha, I decided to "finish out" my Crafting. I went from half-way through General R&D to finishing all three advance Sciences. I'm all licensed and certified to Craft (or something - haha).

[As a side note, I was disappointed there's no Accolades tied to Crafting, there really should be. If anyone reading this agrees, please bump this.]

It took several hours that afternoon, and between buying raw common items, and the odd data sample I was missing towards the end there, I ended up investing about $4M energy credits in the project.

And now, I can't get a return on investment. My stock pile of useful data samples is gone. I'm (practically) out of cash. I'm not getting any drops to speak of (save for batteries and commodities, oh my!), and Anomaly Collection is broken/bugged.

Please Devs. Listen to Super. He sounds a little on edge, but I he's only reflecting the anger/frustration many of us are feeling. He's got the research/data to back it up. This needs fixing!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Please Devs. Listen to Super. He sounds a little on edge, but I he's only reflecting the anger/frustration many of us are feeling. He's got the research/data to back it up. This needs fixing!

Unfortunately I get the impression that my complaints over the last 21 days have annoyed the Devs. It is annoying when you are trying to fix something and someone is yelling at you.

I accept the fact that my posts are ignored or not responded to. I've not been the most polite poster, that is for sure. I'm a squeaky wheel, and squeaky wheels by their nature don't get the resources that they need to not squeak.

However, just because I may be annoying does not mean that this issue should not be addressed.

It boils down to this: I don't feel that this issue has been given the appropriate priority that it deserves.

But then, thats just my opinion. And you see how much my opinion matters to people I have asked, begged, pleaded, berated, chastised and hollered at for the last 21 days.

I'm considering to hire one of those guys who does sign spinning to stand out in front of Cryptic studios, flipping and spinnning a sign that says: FIX ANOMALY GATHERING on one side, and YOU *BLEEP* *BLEEP* *BLEEPING* *BLEEPERS* on the other.

I wonder how much that costs.....
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    and NOW it is 22 days
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    and NOW it is 22 days

24 days anyone? :p
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Its sort of fixed

its sort of not fixed
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Its sort of fixed

its sort of not fixed
    That's sort of acceptable, and sort of not.

Really, it's NOT!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Superluminous I feel your pain, Brother, I do.

I've been playing STO since the end of Feb. Early on, before the first MemAlpha make-over, I dabbled in crafting, just to see what these data samples were all about. But at the time I found I could grind for badges/medals and/or buy items from the Exchange (you're welcome) faster/that were better and I didn't have to put out the Crafting effort. So I hadn't been back. I mostly kept all the anomalies I found since then, just in case, though, so I was all stocked up.

Recently, while doing FDC Missions at Mem Alpha, I decided to "finish out" my Crafting. I went from half-way through General R&D to finishing all three advance Sciences. I'm all licensed and certified to Craft (or something - haha).

[As a side note, I was disappointed there's no Accolades tied to Crafting, there really should be. If anyone reading this agrees, please bump this.]

It took several hours that afternoon, and between buying raw common items, and the odd data sample I was missing towards the end there, I ended up investing about $4M energy credits in the project.

And now, I can't get a return on investment. My stock pile of useful data samples is gone. I'm (practically) out of cash. I'm not getting any drops to speak of (save for batteries and commodities, oh my!), and Anomaly Collection is broken/bugged.

Oh i aggree there needs to be Accolades for crafting, definately. I support this being fixed as well, but again everybody is raging about the Enterprise J. Its like a new shiney thing, its keeping everybody distracted from real issues.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    hostagecat wrote: »
    Oh i aggree there needs to be Accolades for crafting, definately. I support this being fixed as well, but again everybody is raging about the Enterprise J. Its like a new shiney thing, its keeping everybody distracted from real issues.
    Yeah, and now everyone is gonna go gah-gah on the Excelsior. :rolleyes:

Well, as of Sunday Morning, I now can no longer pick-up any anomalies, technological or otherwise in systems or on planets. It seems while cruising in B'Tran Cluster I can still get them, but no where else.

Check out this link/post for all the gory details on my Sunday B'Tran adventure.

This is very frustrating! :mad:

P.S. Hostagecat, if you like my Accolade idea, please post your approval here.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Star Cluster anomalies have been undergoing a slow but sure fixup as there are over 3775 maps that require editing to get the anomalies fixed. It takes our builder machine about 3 days to churn through a process to work on adjusting all the data, so we've only been able to do it on the weekends without slowing down development on everything else.

From the last status report I received on Friday, anomalies on ground maps and in space should be dropping anomalies at the right level. If they are not, then the report is bs and I'll have someone else look into.

If after the build that goes out tomorrow, you are noticing specific issues in specific star clusters, please reply to this thread with what you're finding and I'll have someone look into it.

Also note - crafting items are on the schedule. Last I'd looked at the list it was several unique items (a reason to get to the top level in each tier) as well as adding higher rarities across the board (those items may not be unique to Memory Alpha though)

I've also asked someone to look into ways we can get anomalies/crafting in for the KDF so once the items go live, they'll have a way to make them as well.