test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

USS Vengeance From Into Darkness *spoilers*

neocene2012neocene2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Ten Forward
Star Trek's facebook page just released the first shot of the new starship Vengeance from "Into Darkness". It's seen briefly in the newest trailer. Here is a full shot of the vessel.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/73673625@N05/8675557571/in/photostream
Post edited by neocene2012 on

Comments

• drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited April 2013
    Not sure what its origins are in the movie, but when I look at it I think "Now that's what Mirror Universe Starfleet ships ought to look like."
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    WTB T5 Vengeance.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • neocene2012neocene2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm sure they would sell it in a 3 pack too!
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Vengeance B? Where're the Vengeance and the Vengeance A?

That ship's almost as ugly the the Odyssey.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "Thats not just a ship..... its a transformer!" *ear flops over*
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "Fascinating."

-- Spock
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • erockererocker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "Oh myyyy"

-- Sulu
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm sure they would sell it in a 3 pack too!

Probably would sell out to the people who want a drednaught that works like an actual drednaught.
  • tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hope that John Eaves helped design it otherwise someone stole his whole Doughnut Shaped Saucer concept. ;)
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Are those... rotary phaser cannons?

[geek mode] SQUEEEEEEE!!! Do want! [/geek mode]
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So... blocky
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looks like a pile of scrap metal they just threw together. And call it a ship.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
    edited April 2013
    It reminds me of STO's Envoy class. Only uglier.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • squidheadjaxsquidheadjax Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It reminds me of STO's Envoy class. Only uglier.

It's like someone blended the Envoy, the Legoprise, and the Imperial into one sucktacular combo, and then decided they needed to make it uglier.
    SQUIRREL!
  • tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    farmallm wrote: »
    Looks like a pile of scrap metal they just threw together. And call it a ship.

Yep! Looks like what would happen if someone try to equip Hillbilly Armor on a Federation Starship. :D
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
    edited April 2013
    Guys, its supposed to be ugly. It's Evil...

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sander233 wrote: »

Its been my experience that evil can be quite sexy... this screams teenage pubescence, zits and all! :rolleyes:
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
  • squidheadjaxsquidheadjax Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sander233 wrote: »

Feh. Evil is much more fun when it's sexy-evil.

But there are always silver linings. At least it makes the Odyssey look less horrible by comparison.
    SQUIRREL!
  • erockererocker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    edited April 2013
    Feh. Evil is much more fun when it's sexy-evil.

Especially when Benedict Cumberbatch is in command.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • kasandarokasandaro Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think I've built that ship...

in Kingdom Hearts. Using gummi blocks. Eeesh.
  • neocene2012neocene2012 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Something I wrote to the reaction of the Vengeance:
    I look at it this way. The prime universe got along fine with Starfleet and the Federation basically being the top dog in terms of ship design and technology up until the Dominion War. In this alternate universe, the introduction of the Narada changed Starfleet'ss main principal of being just the military branch of the federation to a full on peace keeping force always on the lookout for any potential threats. Thus the increase in size and armaments of their vessels. After the destruction of 7 ships along with one of the core worlds of the Federation, more resources were put into the development of dreadnaught size ships that could handle the threat of the Narada or any other similar vessel to enter federation space.
    edited April 2013
    The more I look at this ship, the more I like it. It looks exactly like what would happen if 23rd-Century Starfleet tried to build a Borg ship, which is perfect for this timeline.

It doesn't really look ugly. It just looks mean.

The neck area is a little busy, being packed full of exotic weaponry (besides the aforementioned rotary phaser cannons *squeee* I think I see a spinal phaser lance in there as well) but the saucer and nacelles look simply awesome.

- Anne Bredon
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I like it, there'll be no mistaking that ship for one of the good guys.
    I'm inclined to think this is a Klingon/Federation hybrid design, it has a lot of elements that look Klingon.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Okay, who let a Galaxy class knock-up a Sovereign?
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guys, there is no 'one' mold for how evil looks. There's ugly evil, sexy evil, and so on...

Now, what kind of evil it looks like to you is your own business. I personally think it looks cool, as I like a wide variety of different ship aesthetics :) Including this one
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
    edited April 2013
    That isn't really a great picture. So I'll hold off on final comment until we get a better shot of it.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • captwinters1701captwinters1701 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    a hole in the saucer section and a Navigational Deflector (I hope) that looks like the barrel of a Wave Motion Cannon :p

pardon me while I geek out :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It certainly has a Bizarro World feel to it. Mirror Universe starts to seem more likely to me.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)