test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Promotion - Subcommander won't complete. (this is working as intended for now)

Comments

• Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    arkyboy wrote: »
    :rolleyes:This IS the BUG Section smart guy geese :rolleyes:
    & I am having an issue with this as well please get this fixed soon

:rolleyes:They merged threads, smart guy, geez:rolleyes:
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• Options
    prtrek1prtrek1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am having the same issue(unable to resolve promotion mission). I am currently on level 22.
  • Options
    dayamarsanadayamarsana Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sub Commander promotion broke for me too. Can't drop it, and cannot get the Commander promotion. Yes I got to 30... Do Patrols if your interested in trying for it.

Anywho yea Bored now.. think they'll email us when they fix this stuff and let us progress?

Suppose I can go try out the higher leveled commander gear... or just go play some other game for a few weeks while we all wait.
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dastahl wrote: »
    You will not be able to progress after Mind Games. You can still earn XP, but the character is intentionally restricted in a hacky sort of way.

We would like play testing focused on the first three story arcs and first two tiers of ships at this time. We will open up the second half of testing at a later date.

Please allow me to quote Mr. Stahl for those who are unable to go back one page to see his post. Apparently, not being able to clear the mission is the hacky reason you can't progress in rank.
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

• Options
    edited April 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    Please allow me to quote Mr. Stahl for those who are unable to go back one page to see his post. Apparently, not being able to clear the mission is the hacky reason you can't progress in rank.

The issue is the required information that you cant properly progress beyond a certain point is infact not even this same topic

level 21 is what was said
    level 20 is sub commander <- this is were the issue lies

Now if you would like you can go review the information
    And I'll ask you to be polite about it. Irritating enough that its not clearly posted in some sort of more visible place when you login to tribble.

Seriously how hard would it be to simply send an Email stating "Hey you cant get past level 21, but you can still play and get XP until we unlock more content" But this is ALSO a different topic.

Any more trolls want to do some more trolling? Please do... gonna go back to playing something not star trek now. Have a nice day!
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We have 6 different avenues to test, Tac, Engineer and Science, allied with either Federation or Klingons, I think it's bit premature for anybody to be getting bored.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »
    We have 6 different avenues to test, Tac, Engineer and Science, allied with either Federation or Klingons, I think it's bit premature for anybody to be getting bored.

Normally this is true. But for some reason I cant stand playing tactical captains and engineering turrets are only amuzing for me for a short time. Space is ok for engineering but yea on ground I don't see what I would like to keep entertained, just kind of irritates me more.
  • Options
    magnumoftheblackmagnumoftheblack Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I as well am having the issue where the mission will not complete.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't know about anybody else but I intend to do what I've been invited do here, test the game.
    My Tac Klink Romie is as far as he can go so I'm going to roll a Tac Fed Romie and play through to 21 again, went that's done I'll go engineer both ways and so on.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I for one will be rolling a sci fed rom (as i dont have any c-store ships on kdf side..saving my zen for the DD refit when it becomes available :D)

too bad we can only have 3 slots :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    defiance12defiance12 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i think this is a bug plaguing everyone. i cant get rid of the damn thing and i have finished the mission.
  • Options
    brazen1acebrazen1ace Member Posts: 159
    edited April 2013
    Well i am at lvl 15 and can't progress to the next set of missions. the last one I did was "Tradecraft"
  • Options
    lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm Level 30 i have the same Problem. I can't get my D'deridex because i have still the Subcommander Promotion in the Window.
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • Options
    adrianasrxadrianasrx Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    defiance12 wrote: »
    i think this is a bug plaguing everyone. i cant get rid of the damn thing and i have finished the mission.

Dstahl has said that everyone is limited to level 21 THIS is why the mission wont complete
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Yeah I think there's a limit at the moment to how high in levels you can go. I don't remember them saying what it was though.

there's no limit in level, I've partied with level 44 ROmulans.

THere's a limit to the missions. we only have access to half of the new romulan mission content.

And yeah, I'm having the same completion issue.

Got my new ship, all of the requirements are checked off, but the mission will not "complete".
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I reached lvl 20, got the promotion and went to the command centre. claimed my free ship but now nothing.

the promotion mission is still there with no extra information. if i leave the command centre it just tells me to revisit it.

I have spent my skill points.
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I reached lvl 20, got the promotion and went to the command centre. claimed my free ship but now nothing.

the promotion mission is still there with no extra information. if i leave the command centre it just tells me to revisit it.

Ive got 3 roms 2 are above level 20 and both of those have the promotion missions stuck at level 20.

I think this is by design and not a bug.....though i wanted a D'Deridex :(
  • Options
    disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited April 2013

They did say they capped progression in a hackey sort of way. Maybe this is it.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They did say they capped progression in a hackey sort of way. Maybe this is it.

hmm, yes possibly.
  • Options
    edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dan has said this is intentional.
  • Options
    zebramaniiizebramaniii Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have this issue as well
    ***Sausages for All***
    Federation - Mirel II, Tala Lyleh sh'Ezlem, Vro'kul, Jahrel, Giweatu, Jhrol th'Ezlem, Katariina Rebane, Eleftheria Palaiologou, Surel, Saimon, TheEfficientSaurian
    KDF -Mirel I, Anirez Norai, Talash
    Romulans - T'Lara, Makath 'The Needle' Ayailat, Mirel III
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    dastahl wrote: »
    You will not be able to progress after Mind Games. You can still earn XP, but the character is intentionally restricted in a hacky sort of way.

We would like play testing focused on the first three story arcs and first two tiers of ships at this time. We will open up the second half of testing at a later date.

----^

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited April 2013
    u can still gain other ranks, all the way to 50 and even use a token to get a deridex refit
  • Options
    snakevorerulessnakevorerules Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i got to level 30 and did not get token for next romulon ship i had to take a Klingon one
  • Options
    tommeke90tommeke90 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i can not complete the mission Promotion Subcommander
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tommeke90 wrote: »
    i can not complete the mission Promotion Subcommander
    You won't be able to complete it as of yet, it's actually meant to be that way for the time being, Dan and the other devs know about it, it was intentional.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    dharmalogicdharmalogic Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same issue. I fulfilled all mission requirements, talked to everyone, got my mogai, and have even been running around in it doing various Fed patrols, etc. However I still can't complete or drop the promotion mission. I'm now a Commander and should be able to get a D'dex, but I didn't receive the next promotion mission because I haven't completed the Subcommander one.
  • Options
    dharmalogicdharmalogic Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same issue. I fulfilled all mission requirements, talked to everyone, got my mogai, and have even been running around in it doing various Fed patrols, etc. However I still can't complete or drop the promotion mission. I'm now a Commander and should be able to get a D'dex, but I didn't receive the next promotion mission because I haven't completed the Subcommander one.

Sorry Brandon, I didn't see your reply before posting this. So I retract it as a bug report. :)
  • Options
    outooffocusoutooffocus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I finished all asignments to finish the mission lvl 20 promotion , but it still shows as not completed even though the game keeps increasing me in level
  • Options
    jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It is intentional to prevent further progression with your Romulan captain.

That information is listed in the episode list for the next mission.