test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Promotion - Subcommander won't complete. (this is working as intended for now)

topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
When I go to New Romulus Command and do the normal things, talk to the admiral, go to the shipyard, pick up my ship, set it as active - after that promotion mission refuses to complete. It has no other objectives, but you can't drop it or complete it.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, I've tried everything I can think of but for now it's just going to have to sit in my mission tracker!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kirk's Protege.
Post edited by topset on

Comments

• Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm having this issue too. And I fear it may be, somehow, interfering with my ship purchasing after I reached the rank of Commander earlier on today. The D'deridex-class I bought using the free ship token doesn't appear in the ship selection window for me, and now the token has been consumed, I can't try again.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    amosov78 wrote: »
    I'm having this issue too. And I fear it may be, somehow, interfering with my ship purchasing after I reached the rank of Commander earlier on today. The D'deridex-class I bought using the free ship token doesn't appear in the ship selection window for me, and now the token has been consumed, I can't try again.

I'm not entirely sure that T4 ships have been introduced into the game yet, so the reason you can't claim it properly might be because it's not actually there!

After all, we were told that the stats were "placeholders" so it might be that the ships are too, any dev comment?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited April 2013
    Yeah I think there's a limit at the moment to how high in levels you can go. I don't remember them saying what it was though.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There is a discussion on this in the Bug Section, where these type of things should be reported.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    locozocolocozoco Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am having the same issue. Promotion at lvl 20 for Romulans will not complete.
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I noticed this too. But at least I got my mogai and got to level 22.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    locozocolocozoco Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ravin wrote: »
    There is a discussion on this in the Bug Section, where these type of things should be reported.

Please next time include the link for anything you want to have one redirected to. There are over 100 pages of threads on the Tribble Bug Report Forum.

Thank you
  • Options
    starchasernxstarchasernx Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The announcement e-mail I received for my closed Beta invite said we would be able to play up to level 21 (just reached level 10).
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dastahl wrote: »
    Q: What is available to play in Round 1?

A: You may create a Romulan character and play up to a midway point in the Romulan storyline. We have an artificial stop midway through as we put finishing touches on the remaining episodes.

May have something to do with it.

And from the email I got:
    We're especially interested in hearing your feedback on Romulan Faction content up to level 21, and ask for you to share feedback on your experiences in the TRIBBLE forums.
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited April 2013
    The announcement e-mail I received for my closed Beta invite said we would be able to play up to level 21 (just reached level 10).

This. You can only get to level 21. No promotions past that yet. Also, Legacy pack ships are not hooked up yet. I think they want people focused on the new content and seeing how well the mechanics of choosing an ally and teaming work (probably lots more than that.)
  • Options
    cowkiller75cowkiller75 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i'm stuck i got my free ship . i talked to the admrial. went to the shuttle bay and then back out to space i cant clear this mission
  • Options
    rumbleprumblep Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same issue... nothing else required for the mission but wont complete
    -Captain Saffrin
    Federation 12th Cavalry
    Deep Space 19/USS Montana
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had this as well. I believe the Devs put a lock on it so people wouldn't advance to the next rank so that testing wouldn't be skewed when they open up the higher level missions.

That said, I saw a Romulan Commander flying around at Level 30. So not sure how he got promoted.
  • Options
    liam1requiemliam1requiem Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I also have this problem
  • Options
    insanerandomnesinsanerandomnes Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    topset wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure that T4 ships have been introduced into the game yet, so the reason you can't claim it properly might be because it's not actually there!

After all, we were told that the stats were "placeholders" so it might be that the ships are too, any dev comment?

WAIT WAIT WAIT, STATS on which ships? All of them?
    I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
    I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!

dark_dreadnaught_by_insane_randomness-d5z6ydl.jpg
  • Options
    dustinmjohnsondustinmjohnson Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i also have this issue. completed all steps in the mission. "and it shows each step with a check mark" but the mission will not complete

(screen shot) https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_jU1zS7ncXhcGxRUmF4SmdOY2M/edit?usp=sharing

(edit)

this post went in the wrong location, it was ment to go in the "promotion to SubCommander" post
  • Options
    olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yep. Me too
  • Options
    fataiityx3fataiityx3 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bohiap wrote: »
    This. You can only get to level 21.

My Romulan - KDF allied is currently level 25, almost 26.

Same issue with Subcommander not finishing.
  • Options
    dastahldastahl Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You will not be able to progress after Mind Games. You can still earn XP, but the character is intentionally restricted in a hacky sort of way.

We would like play testing focused on the first three story arcs and first two tiers of ships at this time. We will open up the second half of testing at a later date.
  • Options
    xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ... We will open up the second half of testing at a later date.

Hurry, I can't wait to get into a D'Deridex :D
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have this too but I'm at subcommander 21, Rommie leveling is locked at 21 so that may be why the mission won't complete because it won't let you take any more XP.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm having this issue my self also
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »
    I have this too but I'm at subcommander 21, Rommie leveling is locked at 21 so that may be why the mission won't complete because it won't let you take any more XP.

You still get XP if you do other mission related content (patrol, Deferi Dailies, etc.) though, I was able to reach level 30 very easily.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Let me rephrase, it won't take anymore xp for Romulan content, so even if you hit level 30 through other non-Romulan missions the promotion mission will never complete until they unlock Romulan progression.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    lgenshogunlgenshogun Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have my new ship but the promotion for Subcommander is still there but I did everything.
  • Options
    arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ravin wrote: »

:rolleyes:This IS the BUG Section smart guy geese :rolleyes:
    & I am having an issue with this as well please get this fixed soon:cool:
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • Options
    pegasus78pegasus78 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When I go to New Romulus Command and do the normal things, talk to the admiral, go to the shipyard, pick up my ship, set it as active - after that promotion mission refuses to complete. It has no other objectives, but you can't drop it or complete it.

I'm also having the same problem.

I have also noticed that when teamed with another player the game wont transfer both players to the same map when doing some of the missions (Revelation and Sleepers). You then have problems transporting from planet to ship. One or both players get booted out of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You will not be able to progress after Mind Games. You can still earn XP, but the character is intentionally restricted in a hacky sort of way.

We would like play testing focused on the first three story arcs and first two tiers of ships at this time. We will open up the second half of testing at a later date.

Well back to the grinding on the Holodeck Server then. DANG :(
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png