What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Closed Beta Feedback

Comments

• Options
    mindmagemindmage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for the Beta invite! Really surprised to get one.

Enjoying the Romulan Faction so far.

Pros:
    -The storyline is interesting
    -Like the BOFFs being part of the storyline
    -The maps are great looking
    -Romulan ship interior is WOW! (Can you redo the fed and KDF ones now?)
    -new character creation layout
    -the new UI is nice

Cons:
    -costumes are clipping still
    -sometimes when you reload into your ship you have to reassign your BOFFs to the stations
    -cutscene subtitles are too fast so they're hard to read
    -the BOFF Hiven is a sci BOFF but the info when you mouse over him says he's a engineer
    -Can't alter BOFF's uniform
    -The tailor lightning appears to be too dark
    -would like to give my female Romulan long hair but its not an option. (the romulan Commander in the TOS episode "the enterprise incident" had long hair
    -transporter and warp effect changing to fed or kdf colors depending on who you chose. please leave these as romulan colors.
    -when changing characters, you have to click between them a few times until the one you want loads up on the right of the screen
    -when you change the UI scheme on one character, it stays that scheme on a different character

Suggestions:
    -The equipment and ships you get from the Romulan Flotilla should be Romulan only. If you want fed or KDF stuff go to their bases.

Crossroads at Crateris "Mysterious ship" mission complaints:
    -I beat it with reman help on the boss ship. Didn't see why others have been having trouble with it.
    Playing since launch in 2010.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Having Fun!

Main bug of note: Selecting the "travel to" link in the mission box most times had me circling back to current completed mission point.

Also LOTS of lag. Had to drop to "none" AA and there is till a bit. Figured it was minimal resources for testing.
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've listed everything I've noticed here:

My incoming damage/healing floaters were a good couple of inches above my ship though a minor detail it was a tad distracting.

I noticed that when hovering over a handle in the chat box that the tool-tip that also shows it (I don't see the point but hey) was in the middle of my screen for some reason which in turn stopped me reading the dialogue.

The chat box itself disappears after every loading screen, I find opening and closing the game menu puts it back but this is awkward when the first thing after a loading screen is a dialogue box.

I know that if you select a channel in the old UI chat box it automatically starts typing in the chat box, this does not happen in the new UI, I don't know if this is intended or not but I find it really annoying now. Also on this subject I think a drop down arrow should be added to the chat box channel as there is no indication that you can change the channel

Running around using the Rommie skirt causes clipping, would be better if the skirt were to flow and fold which would also feel more real and add to immersion

Warp trails for the first Romulan ship are white (I know I haven't played any others yet) but should they not be green?

Also on warp in the camera zooms into the ship as it arrives and then out to a wide andgle shot of the system, I feel this would be better the other way around.

Taking the bloodwine for Wolden at the Khitomer conference shows the character drinking it, this seems odd for the context, may want to change it

Fighting Hakeev's ship I noticed that Jar'rod's ship vanished without a trace, I don't know if this was designed or not but it was certainly unexpected/unexplained.

The Federation Diplomat dialogue in the "Turning point" mission needs looking over, it currently reads "we can do everything we can to help" which is kinda stating the obvious, maybe "We WILL do everything we can to help" would be better.

Romulan Warbirds do not state that they can mount cannons however cannons state that they can be mounted on warbirds, it may be worth adding this to the descriptions of warbirds

I also find that, having picked an ally, that I get healed by Nedal every time I change area reminding me to do whatever mission my ally wants me to do, this gets rather frustrating after a while.

When modifying the uniform in the tailor I cannot see my character model which makes for a hard time making good changes, also I was rather upset that I could not replicate the uniform shown in the choose alliance screen as it was quite nice, any plans to add it? (I found out how to do the jacket however opening up fed skirt and footwear options for those who choose fed allies would be nice)

The low lighting on the flottila is rather irritating when you are trying the examine your character outside of the creator, just a little more light would be appreciated

This is everything I have encountered thusfar, I will add to this list as I find things, nice work devs
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for letting me try this out Cryptic...

So far the only nit I have is that the Opening Information goes by too fast for me to read...

Could You slow it down for a couple of seconds more please?
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    kemopskemops Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    At Khitomer Tovar Kher says "There should no allegiance with such..." Should read "There should be no allegiance with such..."

Oh and all this talk by other posters about having lag may be on their systems because I have had no lag for these two days of closed beta. Everything in that department is working well.

I have also had no problems in the tailor save for the strange color palette change for footwear.

One more thing. The earlier post about the screen image being upside down is correct. The large screen that pops up on your desk in your ship ready room is in fact upside down.
  • Options
    vito1stfleetvito1stfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Only problem I have thus far is the lack of Voice Acting so far in the screens. would be very nice to have those.
  • Options
    lordthrudlordthrud Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Having fun in LOR and that's what its all about.

Cheers Cryptic
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If intro subtitles are going to be going by so fast, does that mean there could be voice over speaking what the sub titles are saying. That's the only way the speed would be acceptable.

Had to re slot my BOFFs when returning to ship from ground mode.

Working the new BOFFs into the story was very good.

The romulan uniform was only for wrists, belts, and boots on the tailor for me. Was there supposed to be more?

The mini window that pops up when a BOFF is speaking is not so mini. It's rather huge. It also shows up in the middle left side of the screen. Completely blocks anything behind it. Can't find any way to move its location.

The help tips kept popping up even after clicking to stop every time. Need an option in the option menu to click to turn off.

More feedback to come. Server was brought down for maintenance.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Only problem I have thus far is the lack of Voice Acting so far in the screens. would be very nice to have those.

Will probably see this close to launch.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've reached level 8 so far on Romulan Tac officer, and so far seems to be running smooth for me.

The skin texture on the Suliban looks really good.
    I like that an explanation is given why you start with a very old style of ship.
    I'm enjoying the romulan missions, and really so far its all good I feel it's added a little more excitment back into the game for me.

I would however like a little more selction in the uniform department, I.E. Something perhaps a little more martial as an option once you join the republic, there are only two real choices for what could pass as a unfiorm jacket.

Could do with the opening subtitles slowing down a little as another poster mentioned you don;t really have time to read them.
  • Options
    starchasernxstarchasernx Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have reached level 11 so far.

So, here is a list of my notes from my play through:

Loading screens do not match my Romulan theme.

I like that the starter warbird (bird of prey) has a battle cloak.

romulan officer trainer uses Starfleet symbols for boff class.

The valdore heavy warbird shows a t'liss light warbird picture in ship requision screen.

Ha'apax advanced warbird also shows a light warbird picture.

I looked at the PvE queues when i was Lt. 7, showed a message showing I could only join if was at least Lt. 5. This message may need to be changed, or queues made available.

In the mission, Crossroads at Crateris, I encountered a bug. After returning from the planet, my boffs were taken off of there positions.

Gasko Blues, I liked the CMO's line, "I'm a doctor..."

Boff reset happened again in Gasko blues.

On the new Area Map, I like the dots showing individual players.

Ohhh, I do hope to hear S'tass's voice in the release.

I would like to be able to change the costumes on the starting boffs.

Overall though, I really like what is happening with Legacy of Romulus. May 21st, hurry up and get here!
  • Options
    a19spectrea19spectre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I noticed some graphic/artifact errors:

- such as at the character select. My boffs were missing heads and there was random stuff just floating around. That being said, I love the new select screen.

- Also, the cinematics have a lot of problems.

Singularity core abilities are definitely interesting, love the charge ability.

I noticed that the palettes for the uniforms were all over the place, wasn't consistent, in addition to some "bizarre" colors, lots of plums, purples, pinks, pastels, neons, etc.

Interesting use of plasma weapons as the basis, even as the Tal'Shiar are using disruptor weapons.

Love the new UI/HUD. However, can we get a way to disable Red Alert? It's a pain at times, especially during certain missions where you aren't actually in combat, just have to destroy an asteroid or derelict or some such nonsense.
  • Options
    newbs35newbs35 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just reached level 10 and claimed new ship for my Romulan character. I would like to see a way to move, resize, or turn off the chat box/bubble from my bridge officer while running around on ground maps or flying around in space doing missions. It is highly distracting and would like to turn them off.

Also the help tips keep turning back on after selecting them to be turned off.
  • Options
    shinegami11shinegami11 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So far gotten levels 1-8 and i must say not much i dont like

-Love the new UI much better then the older one
    - i like the fact that on equipment like deflectors it now tells you what the stats modify
    - romulan ships are a joy to fly
    - story line so far is pretty engaging

Dislikes:
    - having some minor rubber banding issues
    - minor issues with backgrounds "Flashing" to transparency and back to solid again
    - almost no customization options for the T'liss class warbird, I like to customize and mix and match parts on my ships :p

Neutral:
    - Kinda confused on weaponry, always thought Roms were Disruptor based except for the plasma torps yet plasma beam weapons are the base here ( I LIKE plasma just continuity thing)
    - No PVE queues even though it says I can join after lvl 5... kinda annoying but i can see why we may not have any yet since its beta may want the msg to read not available
    -

All ive got so far add more later
  • Options
    dylantrinidydylantrinidy Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Need some Rom load screens
  • Options
    jacknm1jacknm1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Only just started, but im loving it thus far, love the story lines, the back grounds to why you are starting in this ship/on this colony, very engaging. Not having any graphical issues but then again, who does with a core I7 16GB Ram and 2x 2GB GPU's lol.

Truly amazed by the graphics though I hope you get some voice acting in there for the final release as it can be a bit quiet at times.

I dont want to play much more because i want to keep it fresh and exciting for the actual release, but i do want to play more because it looks so nice lol.

Plus Points:

Graphics Awesome
    Cutscenes awesome
    New UI - So much improvement! How long you guys been holding out on us!
    Storylines enthralling
    Detail into the background stories is improved compared to fed/kdf
    love the tutorial mission

My only concerns as for the changes on tribble:

New Trait System seems to allow a tonne of traits for space, going to create super players for a short while, then its going to be back to what we have now, a few good builds that people need to use in order to exceed in pvp for instance. but i may be over-reacting, but i will be there to say i told you so when people complain....which they will.

Romulan battle cloak - powerful but squishy klingon ships in Drag?

Overall:

Good job guys, few bugs to be expected. Loving the work your doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Industries Executive - Fleet Project Management
    PvP Boot Camp Coach
    STO - Will PvP For Food - Official OPVP Channel <-Click Me
    /channel_join OrganizedPvP
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Clicking on NPC Conversations is very laggy.

Sometimes it's almost 10 seconds before the next part of the conversation pops open.

I'm getting a lot of game lag again, this might be the problem.

Keep getting bounced out of the game. Dang!

Double Clicking on Systems in the Sector Maps to Auto-Pilot to them is not working.

I think that might be why I keep getting dropped outta the game too, it has happened three times now.

I don't think Sector Space likes me.... I keep getting dropped or 'Server Not Responding' when I try to do anything there.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    kemopskemops Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes I was correct. The first time we see Hakeev in space he does not have his left eye area implant (what I always thought was a Borg implant). Someone forgot to put it on him because we see it the second time we meet Hakeev.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I must be on the TRIBBLE-end of the Server tonight...

I can't stay in the game more than a few minutes at a time...

Yet my tracert and net-test say everything is fine.

Poopies.

:(
  • Options
    quadrilusquadrilus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That is one hell of a tutorial mission. i didn't find any problems with it other than the subtitle speed, and it was nice to visit a planet that had more of a space colony feel than any other. The new information pop-ups are very nice and don't get in the way, and i don't have to spam period every five seconds to close the window.
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    One thing caught my attention tonight:
    On Dewa III, we have to scan the 'radiation cloud', but it shows the classic Waveform matching for the unknown scans. I noticed this was explicitly stated as such in the help tooltips, however it is odd.
    Maybe it's just me, but the Romulan reps have taught me that the radiation cloud means radiation scanner minigame. Now however I see a radiation cloud and it's a waveform match instead. I hope this is just a bug or a one-time thing, as it can be very confusing if you don't know what to expect anymore.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options
    willyd1138willyd1138 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    One note on the opening screen when you log in. The graphic should default to your ship, not your shuttle. Having the opening screen showing my crew all gathered beneath a picture of my Captain's Yacht spoiled what should be a really nice re-design of the log-in screen.

Played through tutorial. Gameplay stuttered a couple of times but otherwise was a smooth experience. The lighting for the character creator and the tailor needs to be higher. It can be hard to see what you're doing because the light is so low.
    I found it difficult to get the pants and tops to look right together because of the different color palettes between the two sections.
    I liked the opening but missed a lot of it because the subtitles went by too fast for me to keep up.
    Really enjoyed the opening story and think that having some of your bridge officers be sort of unique characters that join your journey is a really fun innovation. I would suggest allowing those characters to be customized though. Otherwise you get what you have now with 50 people running around with the same Reman science officer following them.
    I like the layout of the Flotilla Home Base, it has all the things you need, but is less sprawling that Earth Space dock and so is faster to navigate.
  • Options
    merloidermerloider Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Closed Beta Feedback:

Character Creator/Tailor:
    - No undo button or, if there is one, it?s well hidden.
    - Strange flickering in the neck area, the Romulan 02 hairstyle?s sideburns, and under the armpit in for the Romulan Uniform-Vest costume.
    - Uniform Jacket-Tight is identical to Jacket-Loose on a Romulan female.
    - Cannot change the undershirt Romulan Civilian Basic when using Uniform-Vest on a Romulan female or the skirt for Uniform-Skirts. Is there no variety?
    - Belt Survivor Romulan 01 clips into Uniform-Vest on a Romulan female.
    - First and Last name fields clear along with the biography when cycling between Race & Class, Appearance, and Background. Cycling also adds R.R.W. to the ship?s editable name so I can only imagine if someone doesn?t alter it, they?ll have a vessel titled R.R.W. R.R.W. <Shipname>.
    - Additionally, the formal name first name field does not update when editing the captain?s name. Unsure if this is a bug or by design.
    - After receiving the uniform from Temer in Explore the Flotilla, I still cannot select it in the Character Creator via the Advanced interface until I equip it in the Basic interface. And then, once having done so, its colours overwrite the colours I have already chosen for my character?s costume and, with no undo button, makes this exercise very destructive from a character customization standpoint.

Character:
    - First and last name is not saved once when you accept all changes in the Character Creator. It then proceed to charge me EC to make the changes that should have already been in place.
    - The walk keybind is not respected. Your character will never walk.
    - Importing a profile using /ui_load recalls window sizes and positions but not keybinds.

Map:
    - While the legend on Virinat Colony is appreciated, it would be nice if it was an actual overlay like the informative help arrows and player icons on the minimap. There is a very small window where the legend is readable, thanks to the scaling of the bitmap and a resolution independent legend would not only look more professional but be easier on the eyes, too.
    - With luck, a resolution independent legend would not suffer from bigmap rendering errors such as a broken line for the topmost graphic when moving the map on and off screen.

Virinat Colony (pt 1):
    - Introduction movie?s text needs to be re-balanced as it transitions to the next too quickly to read on several instances.
    - Disabling the strange machine made it look as if I had powered it up. Also, the transition between powering it down, leaving the cave, and appearing in front of Nevala was a little too quick.
    - Nevala?s text on Mission: A Day on the Farm > Return to Nevala, ?It?s good you disabled the device, though ? maybe now the Khellids will calm down. However, excellent work on disabling these drones and their device.? The word ?However, ? is redundant.
    - [Tutorial] A Day in the Sun, D?vex offered every single class-specific action for me to perform. Should not the Engineering and Science options have been greyed out for a Tactical officer?
    - If exploring the colony is an important thing to do before proceeding with the next phase of the tutorial, perhaps a confirmation should appear on screen alerting players to the fact that, ?yes, pressing this button means you?re not going back?. At the moment, it is very easy to press ahead before realizing what you?ve done.

Virinat Colony (pt 2):
    - The streaming download did not load the ground textures for the cutscene in time for when it was playing.
    - The cutscene text transitioned to the too quickly to read in places.
    - I had no idea Vorian had died. It?s not clear.
    - Second cutscene holstered my weapon.
    - The final planetbound cutscene had no SFX for the shuttle.

Space Tutorial:
    - Mission: Spectator No More > The Long Arm of the Tal Shiar, the conversation with Temer before you warp does not wait for you to make a choice. It just makes one for you and that is it.. then it warps you off and re-presents you with that choice.
    - Ship transporter FX uses Federation graphics and audio as opposed to Romulan.

Mission UI:
    - Crystalline Catastrophe does not all fit on two lines. The ?e? in the latter word forms its own line and looks strange as a result.
    - The Logs section looks dated, thanks to the new horizontal oriented portraits people are presented with. Could the portraits be properly adjusted to the new standard?

Mission: Explore the Flotilla:
    - Gravity plating appears to have malfunctioned by the Ground Equipment Vendor. There are parallel with the ceiling and one of them appears dead. The other is indifferent to his or her suffering.
    - The 2k stipend of energy credits promised by Temer was never delivered.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    After playing through the last mission where you choose an allegiance, I'm not a fan of the wording in the final choice dialog:
    "If you choose to ally with Starfleet, the Klingon Empire will consider you an enemy."

Now I read the dev blog and know why it was really done this way, but after following the storyline both factions choose to ally with the Romulans. So why will the other faction consider me an enemy (story-wise I mean). I'd like some explanation on that. It seems like the Romulan Republic is really split in two.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I gotta tell Ya... this build is Very Unstable for me... :(

I've spent more time signing back in and staring at "Server Not Responding", than actually playing.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    I gotta tell Ya... this build is Very Unstable for me... :(

I've spent more time signing back in, that actually playing.
    That's odd. Yesterday I had lag issues, but tonight has been smooth sailing.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    That's odd. Yesterday I had lag issues, but tonight has been smooth sailing.

Earlier, I had to blame T/W for messing with the internetz most of the day in my neighborhood.

But since around 7PM my time, my connection has been fine.

All the appropriate tests show that I've got a very stable and fast connection tonight...

So I can only guess that something in the game is messing with me.

<grumble>

Sector Space is especially bad...,

At times, I can't even apply impulse without the Server going into a time out.

Thing is, even though I get bounced often, I can get right back into the game.

Kinda weird.

I have to add that I have as of yet received any EC's for my service to the Republic.
    (and I'm up to Level 7)

I just got to GASKO Station... hy does Tobol remind me of Lobot?? <chuckle>
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    New bug:
    I have the chroniton mine barrier, and after allying with the feds, when I activate it it seems to beam down two types of mine sometimes, the original Romulan mines, and federation mines. However if I walk over them, the Romulan (or KDF? pointy style) mines are tripped and I'm attacked. I opened related ticket #36,275.

As for more good:
    I don't know if this was mentioned before, Cryptic, but...
    THANK YOU for the 'Profession Specific Kit Reward'
    I was tired of getting kits I can't use.

Also, I like how the BOFF abilities are on two rows now.
  • Options
    rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I love the Silent Enemy aliens. If you dont know who they are look up Enterprise S1 Episode Silent Enemy which was one of my fave episodes. When i realised who they were I was most pleased.

I agree with the OP: the subtitles go past in the intro too fast.

I love the warbird set design, fr better than the FED or KDF design. The Kitomer set design was nice too.
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • Options
    goldenlion619goldenlion619 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    After playing through the last mission where you choose an allegiance, I'm not a fan of the wording in the final choice dialog:
    "If you choose to ally with Starfleet, the Klingon Empire will consider you an enemy."

Now I read the dev blog and know why it was really done this way, but after following the storyline both factions choose to ally with the Romulans. So why will the other faction consider me an enemy (story-wise I mean). I'd like some explanation on that. It seems like the Romulan Republic is really split in two.

There also a mission where you fight a Romulan sided with the opposing faction. Since PvP is getting a big update after the expansion set sails I guess they want to leave room for Romulans to fight each other story wise. The hostility clearly exist in story now.