test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Captain Kirk's guide to fighting

nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Ten Forward
I saw this on gold-dust on imgur (credit to "Johanesen") and I thought you guys might enjoy also. It features all the best Kirk moves in .gif format! I wish we had more of these in game. :P

1. The Kirk Kick
2. The Kirk Drop Kick
3. The Bowling Ball (where he doesn't even make contact with the guy lol)
4. The Human Projectile (where they catch him but still try to make their hands look limp lol)
5. The Kirk Chop
6. The Wall of Destruction
7. The Scissor Choke
8. The Kirk Double Fist

http://imgur.com/gallery/YGgY0
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited April 2013
    The stunt coordinator must have been a WWF fan.
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I always wondered who would win in a fight between James T. Kirk and Buck Rogers :cool:
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Disclaimer: Usage may result in mockery and a severe beating.
    Or sex with green women.

Hysterical. :D
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I think its the other way around. :cool:
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have always known The Wall of Destruction as the TRIBBLE of Doom.

But yeah we so need these in game.
  • Options
    deyvaddeyvad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sander233 wrote: »
    I think its the other way around. :cool:

Hmm interesting question...

TOS Season 1 started production in 1966,
    WWWF (World Wide Wrestling Federation, prior to becoming WWF and then WWE) started in 1963.

Paul Baxley was the stunt coordinator for TOS, and has been a professional stunt coordinator since the mid-fifties. His impressive resume doesn't mention any work related to wrestling, but that doesn't mean he had no interest in it.

Were stunt coordinators influenced by professional wrestling? Or was pro wrestling influenced by TV stunt coordinators? Or is it that that was how stunt coordination was done at that time?
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I always wondered who would win in a fight between James T. Kirk and Buck Rogers :cool:

Tough call. Buck Rogers had that drop kick of doom that could drop 8 bad guys if properly placed .No Gorn could survive that.:D
    I think Buck Rogers got his fighting lessons from the choreographer of "Roadhouse":P
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This made my day. :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    Tough call. Buck Rogers had that drop kick of doom that could drop 8 bad guys if properly placed .No Gorn could survive that.:D
    I think Buck Rogers got his fighting lessons from the choreographer of "Roadhouse":P

I think this would need the Deadliest Warrior simulator to decide fairly :D I have to admit, I don't think Kirk would be an automatic win :D
  • Options
    awesometificawesometific Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would pay 1000 zen for a Kirk Combat Pack.
    Fleet Admiral Marcus Red-Six
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would pay 1000 zen for a Kirk Combat Pack.

You don't have to!

The lunge power was turned into the Kirk Drop Kick some time ago. Three of the other moves- the snap-kick, the karate chop, and the double-fist- are unarmed combat combo moves.
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thanks especially for the link, very amusing.:D
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They forgot the infamous "Kirk Shirt Rip Maneuvure". He used that in every fight he was in.
  • Options
    ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think this would need the Deadliest Warrior simulator to decide fairly :D I have to admit, I don't think Kirk would be an automatic win :D

That's IF Deadliest Warrior comes back to Spike TV and does fictional death battles again like they did with Zombie and Vampires.

Personally, if such a death match were possible, as much as I would love Kirk to win, I have to give it, sadly, to Buck Rogers, because he's been around since 1928, and that makes him the original space hero, like Flash Gordon, thus having more experience. Kirk would only win if he were young Kirk (66 Shatner or Chris Pine).