test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What happen with loots??

alvaraxalvarax Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Hi all
I just have a question about stuff we loot.
I am lvl 50 for months now....and i loot some strange stuff

First at crystaline entity: 1 MK XI purple, and 1 MK X ??????? purple
stf loots: some MK X????
stf rewards: WHITE MK XI

and sometime some XII purple of course

so why do i drop some MK X in stf elite when all the captain are lvl 50??????????????????
Post edited by alvarax on

Comments

• Options
    mcconnamcconna Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The loot that drops from mobs has always been mostly trash loot, you might get some good stuff in personal loot from STF's or placing in Fleet Actions (If you're lucky). Although the mob drops (even on high end mobs) tend to be the biggest disappointment. It's more about getting fleet or rep gear nowadays.
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I believe we get MK X gear in STFs (and through the STF reputation system) because the STFs are content which is accessible for characters at Tier 5 - Rear Admiral, Lower Half/Brigadier General and above.

Maybe someone in your team was around that rank and that is why MK X stuff dropped. But its usually just vendor trash anyway since the actual personalized rewards (the main reason you are running STFs) are in your personal reputation system.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nynik wrote: »
    I believe we get MK X gear in STFs (and through the STF reputation system) because the STFs are content which is accessible for characters at Tier 5 - Rear Admiral, Lower Half/Brigadier General and above.

Elite STFs and Crystalline Catastrophe are VA/LG only though.
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    Elite STFs and Crystalline Catastrophe are VA/LG only though.

Until you run into level 56 or so mobs, except for super rare drops, you wont be seeing Mk XII regularly.

right now its basically at level 50, say the game rolls a random number from 1 to 100, basically it's going to be say 1-25 various mk X items, 90-100 being mk XII items with 100 being purple, and the rest is like Mk XI items.
  • Options
    admgreeradmgreer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The only place where I have found consistant XII drops from NPC's and Mission rewards is Kerrat.
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    admgreer wrote: »
    The only place where I have found consistant XII drops from NPC's and Mission rewards is Kerrat.

This is about the truth of it, while I'd like to see non PVP style options to gain Purple XII drops I appreciate that as it is top end gear it should be ultra rare.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,181 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    I once got a Mk XII Antiproton Mag Regulator from the Mirror Event. Got me 8 mil ECs on the Exchange when I sold it since I wasn't running AP.

White = common
    Green = uncommon
    Blue = Rare
    Purple = Very Rare

That's just how the gear drops. But yea... sometimes the personal loot drops give TRIBBLE. What good is a Stealth console when you're flying an Assault Cruiser? Its completely random. At least you can make ECs off the "Vendor Trash".
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    vesolcvesolc Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,181 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    That's how much I got for it. Of course back then I also hadn't cracked the 10 mil cap so it was a lot.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    alvaraxalvarax Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I know and i agree for all you sayed guys, but what i wanted to say is that for me, it seems that the loot table has changed and that in stf elite we are looting less MK XII purple than before.