test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Have you started hoarding Zen? Price is rising.

13»

Comments

• cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do you think this sale is to control the dil market? The sale on keys to reduce the price on the exchange? Nothing to do with tax time, but anyone who had been looking had seen both prices rising steadily.

There are NO conspiracies! None! Shh
  • voxinvictusvoxinvictus Member Posts: 261
    edited April 2013
    Do you think this sale is to control the dil market? The sale on keys to reduce the price on the exchange? Nothing to do with tax time, but anyone who had been looking had seen both prices rising steadily.

No I don't think that, because it doesn't make any sense. PWE/Cryptic's interest is in selling Zen. Whether that Zen gets converted to a lot of Dilithium or EC, or very little, is largely irrelevant, as long as the total volume of Zen sales is high enough.

A more likely explanation is that sales slumped a little after the DoFF pack special offer, and this was a way to get more cash quickly. There's no "must have" items right now and most players are content to save zen for whatever is coming with LoR rather than buy master keys. The zen sale appeals to a wide section of their audience, and the key sale helps take some of that zen right back off the market.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm not really after the keys. What I'm saving mine for is the new expansion. What zen I have. That way I can see what new items will hit the store. And go from there.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I currently have a little over 19k Zen. It's getting to the point that I might actually need to buy some Keys with it just to use it. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Doubtful, Zen sales are across PWE not just STO.

The key sale is interesting though.
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sudoku7 wrote: »
    Doubtful, Zen sales are across PWE not just STO.

The key sale is interesting though.

I am waiting till Saturday - hoping lots of people will buy keys and put them on the exchange

price was getting a little high in the $1.6+ area
  • mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You're putting in the time either way.

It's not like removing the timers would remove the grind. You still need to grind however many thousands of marks per rep faction.

You're just no longer being forced to log in once a day for 30-50 days. You're actually free to approach the system in a way which suits your gaming schedule. And if your schedule dictates you can only log in for 15-30 minutes per day each day every day, then good for you, because you're free to do that too.

Im not overly fond of cool downs in general as i work 6 days a week more often than i work 5 and put in a lot of overtime hours that keeps me either away from the game or too tired to play when i do get home. "Burst" playing suits my schedule better...