test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

cant buy zen--- account locked???

shaitan100shaitan100 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
3 weeks ago i tried to buy zen from the pwe site, as i have done many times in the past, but was unable to (and still cant as of this date) as when i cash out it says my account is locked. i have read the skrill/moneybroker thread and it seems the only way to ever be able to buy zen the way i have in the past is to do some weird photo copying of ident and such and send it off to some site i've never had any dealings with in the past.
ive checked my bank and my cards fine so its not from my end. pwe isnt blocked from my bank....so what the heck is goin on here?!

it seems to me if a company wants to make money they'd make it easier, not HARDER for people to spend their money on the things they want...so....

if anyone out there can list the steps needed and the order they are needed and to exactly where all this needs to be sent please do so.u

i am very wary of doing what i have read in the other thread and am very confused after so many years of playing and buying stuff for this game.....suddenly to be told my account is locked and i have to jump through hoops just to be able to buy stuff i like.

any help is appreciated
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This sounds very strange indeed.

You could try to send an email/call Cryptic, and speak to accounting. This sounds like something only accounting can fix for you.

I was also in a situation like this once, could not buy Zen. I contacted Accounting, and they said that there were no problems with my acounnt standing, and to contact my bank.

Upon calling my bank, I was informed that the government in this country has new rules regarding on-line gmabling and the use of services like Moneybooker/Skrill or companies like that who handels tranfers of funds, and that banks can not transfer funds to them, to help combat gambling addiction.

The only way I can get Zen now, is to use PayPal as a workaround, since Moneybooker/Skrill are on the list of banned services in this country's banks.

Not saying that this is what's been happening to you, but it might be the case, and worth checking out.

But try calling/mailing Accounting as they are the only ones who can really help you in this case...
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A Dev has already posted about this in this section of the forum Here.

Essentially Moneybookers is cracking down fraud - CC fraud in gaming is a HUGE problem. People who spend a lot of money on the game are going to need to verify they are who they are before Moneybooker will approve the transaction.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    A Dev has already posted about this in this section of the forum Here.

Essentially Moneybookers is cracking down fraud - CC fraud in gaming is a HUGE problem. People who spend a lot of money on the game are going to need to verify they are who they are before Moneybooker will approve the transaction.

And there you have the most likely answer. I know it sucks having to send a picture and/or receipts or bank statements.

But I would still send a mail or call Cryptic Accoutnig, just to ensure that there is no problems with your account. You might also want to try using PayPal, as I said in my post above, but other than what has been said in this thread, there's not much more than can be done other than calling/mailing Cryptic accounting and go from there...

Sorry we could not be of more help mate. :(
  • sasheriasasheria Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I had similar issue but it was my CC company that issue the block. It turns out that Skrill also does a lot of transaction for Minecraft (I didn't know that, the rep told me this) and there has been a LARGE transaction (legit and fraud) so some CC company are putting a "stop" to it. I did verify who I am and such and authorize the transaction. I was finally able to purchase zen with my CC.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • gr8captaingr8captain Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have that problem to so to get around it I just go to my neighborhood drug store that sells the perfect world gaming cards 20.00 a card and a candy bar or a pick up a perscription or something and my gaming fix is met. and then cryptic gets there precius coin and both of us are happy.
    You Klingon TRIBBLE You Killed My Son.
  • irobnj44irobnj44 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I tried to charge zen today using both a credit card and a debit card. I have used both of these before many times and they worked. Now, all I get is a message saying "Unable to process request" and that's it. The cards work fine, I used them on iTunes today and the bank said there is no problem.

I clicked on the support link on top of the page and the page link was broken. Not good. I hope someone is doing something to fix this.
    iRob of NJ :D