test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - April 8, 2013

Comments

• woodyvalleywoodyvalley Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    [*]A Tribble once bit my sister.

Keep working on this I want it to bite the mother in law too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nitsua116nitsua116 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am pretty stoked about the updates for May and the UI things. Its starting to get a better Star Trek feel, to me personally. Sure its not Bridge Commander, or EXACTLY like episodes of the show, but it is entertaining.
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    • A Tribble once bit my sister.

THAT would be the cannibal tribble running around First City. We at the Gates of Sto'Vo'Kor radio drama know ALL about that creature as G'hargh set the cursed thing loose.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • northstar121403northstar121403 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nice bit of Monty Python there... :D
    Making Borg go *BOOM* since May 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fxdb10fxdb10 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Still no option to change back to the old UI that is live on holodeck now? That sucks :(

This new UI in all its "variants" is just bad, hideous. I will be taking my 800 bucks a month I spend on STO and move elsewhere if this UI and its low res, low quality and unclean look go live without the option to revert back to the old one.

Take care :)

For $800 a month, you could buy a really hot ride, pay mortgage on a really nice house, or spend it on a myriad other tangible objects in the real world. $800 a month on virtual objects is absolutely absurd. Nothing in this game is worth shelling out that kind of cash on a monthly basis. Can't say you'll be missed because it sounds like you really need to unplug from the virtual world and log into the real world.

As for the UI, it's far better now on my KDF main than the current eye-stabbing red that I am forced to use. The Reman scheme is very pleasing on the eyes as is the Romulan. The Klingon scheme is still a little brutal on the eyes but not as bad as it was before.

And if you think this UI is bad, you must have never played SWG or seen the New Game "Enhancements" horrendous UI with "Luke Skywalker's Wheel of Jedi Leveling Fun". That UI should have been listed under cruel and unusual punishment and outlawed in compliance with the Geneva Convention...
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.

General:
    • The KDF transporter chief will once again allow players to beam to the Academy and their ship.
      • The people responsible for sacking the previous Transporter Chief have now been sacked.
        • The Transporter is now being run in an entirely different manner at great expense by the following:
          • 40 specially-trained New Romulan Mountain Epohhs
          • 6 Vulcan Epohhs
          • 142 Andorian Battling Epohhs
          • 14 Reman Snow Possums (Closely related to the Epohh)
          • Reginald Epohh of Jupiter Station
    • Updated Drozana to patch a few holes leading to outer space.
    • Resolved an issue that caused some players to crash when the game attempted to load their characters.

Systems:
    • Traits:
      • Techie will no longer be named "Warp Theorist" for Liberated Borg.
      • Ground Shield Charge devices will now provide protection against Teleport effects in addition to their other effects.

UI:
    • Updated the Character Creation and the Tailor:
      • Added Save and Load Outfit buttons to the Character Creator.
      • Updated the lighting for the Character Creator and the Tailor.
        • It will no longer be so dim.
    • Updated the Chat window:
      • The chat options tab has been removed from the chat channel configuration window.
        • Chat Options can now be found in the game Options window.
      • A button has been added to the chat channel configuration window as a shortcut to the Chat Options tab in the game Options window.
      • Add a chat option to disable sticky chat channels.
        • By default sticky chat channels are turned on.
    • The Bulletin window is now resizable.

Known Issues:
    • Characters do not show up in the tailor.
    • Traits are displaying in the UI again, but they cannot be changed or updated.
    • The Klingon Mission Journal is currently being re-worked and some missions may not yet be available to existing Klingons.
    • Neither Klingons or Romulans are available for new characters.

That's a veritable Holy Grail of changes. :D:P
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • willomallywillomally Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Love the monty python references it really added some flavor to the subject matter thanks for the humor, and now for something completely different.
    OH I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK I sleep all night and I work all day.:P
    [SIGPIC]

Look at the pretty mushroom grow
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Quiet, you! :mad:

Mandatory happy hour is what he meant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Still no option to change back to the old UI that is live on holodeck now? That sucks :(

This new UI in all its "variants" is just bad, hideous. I will be taking my 800 bucks a month I spend on STO and move elsewhere if this UI and its low res, low quality and unclean look go live without the option to revert back to the old one.

*Sneezes*

Sorry, I'm Allergic to BS
    Goodbye
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Only $800 a month today? Yesterday you were spending $900 a month on this game. Will you be spending $700 a month tomorrow?
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Now I want a vulcan epohh! :)

Good thing save-load costumes are back!
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Only $800 a month today? Yesterday you were spending $900 a month on this game. Will you be spending $700 a month tomorrow?

All that means is that part of that 900 was done making KDF toons :)

Also do not forget all those rocks being picked up were used for the grave of the old transporter officer :)
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    • Ground Shield Charge devices will now provide protection against Teleport effects in addition to their other effects.

I assume I'm missing something here... Why? What Teleport effects?
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • kirahitomikirahitomi Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Patched 78.0MB / 95MB
    Received 586.2MB - 81%

Something seems a little off with that...
    Speed test is showing ~15MB connection speed so I doubt its my line yet this is patching at about .1MB a minute now... wow...:rolleyes:
    "Lets see what this button does..."
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Sad I got beaten to pointing out his monthly "number he pulled out of thin air" has dropped since his last post.

For that kind of money you can move into a holosuite. - Quark

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013

800 bucks a month?
    what are you buying orion slave girls?
    RSE 22nd century vintage romulan ale?
    Or maybe just maybe you bought some shrubbery :)
  • zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    can anyone else get access to the captains table or other lifetime/vet stuff

Nope. Access to that is dependent upon the Access Codes obtained in the C-store. Since that's disabled on Tribble, no one has access. :)
  • coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    Clearly Cryptic needs more strict rules regarding alcohol in the office.

Why? I expect booze to flow and a monthly booze allowance... at least with all the tech start ups I worked for.

:D
  • volpe42volpe42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.

• The people responsible for sacking the previous Transporter Chief have now been sacked.
      • The Transporter is now being run in an entirely different manner at great expense by the following:
        • 6 Vulcan Epohhs

"He turned me into a Gorn!... I got better"

But does a Q weigh more than a duck?

Also do we now have to refer to the devs as "The Devs who say NEE!"?

And as a side question for Zero, you've been doing this for how long and you only NOW bring out the good material?
  • adwynythadwynyth Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited April 2013

General:
    • The KDF transporter chief will once again allow players to beam to the Academy and their ship.
          • 6 Vulcan Epohhs

Known Issues:

BAHAHAHHAHHH! Holy Grail FTW!
  • cassielynacassielyna Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Has the character transfer issue been fixed (where characters transfer without their stuff)? Kind of hard to test when you're ship won't fly :P
    Cassie Lynn@Achlyssa
    Directive 010
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    also do omega ship set's still work now that warp cores have been added

Yes, unless something changed with this patch. The warp cores (currently anyway) are not set items and don't negatively impact the sector speed boosts the impulse engines provide (I'm guessing this is what you were asking about anyway).
  • tyroidtyroid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mynd you, tribble bites Kan be pretty nasti...
  • tyroidtyroid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dmfreddie wrote: »
    Huh? :P

/10char

Really? Methinks someone needs to watch "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" =)
  • lordinsanelordinsane Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    argent007 wrote: »
    oh dear, it appears someone's been watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail in recent days

watch them have to sack the people responsible for sacking the people who sacked the previous transporter chief
    Clearly unjustified, this time - the people responsible for sacking the previous Transporter Chief held no blame in that role (seeing as the previous Transporter Chief did mess up) - it was the people that hired the new Transporter Chief that should be sacked. Therefore, the next step should be to sack the people responsible for sacking the people who sacked the previous transporter chief. It is only logical.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    castsbugc wrote: »
    But...how could we then bride Ship/UI/Whatever artists to make things for us if we cant pay them in beer.

I call dibs on Taco Fangs and BranFlakes...

I've always wanted to try Polygaming...

With these two I'll be the first 'Polygame-ist' in STO.

And I expect them, to be bringing me the Beer.

(though I prefer Kahlua)

:D
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Quiet, you! :mad:

Where did you guys set the still? :D
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kirahitomi wrote: »
    Patched 78.0MB / 95MB
    Received 586.2MB - 81%

Something seems a little off with that...
    Speed test is showing ~15MB connection speed so I doubt its my line yet this is patching at about .1MB a minute now... wow...:rolleyes:

Download speed is limited not only by the bandwidth at your end, but also by how much upload bandwidth the server is willing to spend on you. Having even a 100 Mb/s download connection does not speed things up if the file is only getting sent out at 200 kb/s.
  • robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Great. Now the gui is going to flash many colors rapidly and talk about llamas in the transporter room. Just when you think the red gui on holodeck was bad enough they found a way to make it worse.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just found some new KDF mission in the journal. Some are new and some are converted.

You cant play them yet, and its impossible to tell the length so they may all be fairly short but the amount of new stuff seems quite significant.