test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - April 8, 2013

zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.

General:
  • The KDF transporter chief will once again allow players to beam to the Academy and their ship.
    • The people responsible for sacking the previous Transporter Chief have now been sacked.
      • The Transporter is now being run in an entirely different manner at great expense by the following:
        • 40 specially-trained New Romulan Mountain Epohhs
        • 6 Vulcan Epohhs
        • 142 Andorian Battling Epohhs
        • 14 Reman Snow Possums (Closely related to the Epohh)
        • Reginald Epohh of Jupiter Station
  • Updated Drozana to patch a few holes leading to outer space.
  • Resolved an issue that caused some players to crash when the game attempted to load their characters.

Systems:
  • Traits:
    • Techie will no longer be named "Warp Theorist" for Liberated Borg.
    • Ground Shield Charge devices will now provide protection against Teleport effects in addition to their other effects.

UI:
  • Updated the Character Creation and the Tailor:
    • Added Save and Load Outfit buttons to the Character Creator.
    • Updated the lighting for the Character Creator and the Tailor.
      • It will no longer be so dim.
  • Updated the Chat window:
    • The chat options tab has been removed from the chat channel configuration window.
      • Chat Options can now be found in the game Options window.
    • A button has been added to the chat channel configuration window as a shortcut to the Chat Options tab in the game Options window.
    • Add a chat option to disable sticky chat channels.
      • By default sticky chat channels are turned on.
  • The Bulletin window is now resizable.

Known Issues:
  • Characters do not show up in the tailor.
  • A Tribble once bit my sister.
  • Traits are displaying in the UI again, but they cannot be changed or updated.
  • The Klingon Mission Journal is currently being re-worked and some missions may not yet be available to existing Klingons.
  • Neither Klingons or Romulans are available for new characters.
Post edited by zer0niusrex on

Comments

• dmfreddie_1426533189dmfreddie_1426533189 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A Tribble once bit my sister.

Huh? :P

/10char
    Join date: April 2010 ; Lifetime Sub since April 2010. Actual 1000 day vet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud Member of: Fubar Inc.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A tribble once bit my duck ( poor Howard )
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.

General:
    • The Transporter is now being run in an entirely different manner at great expense by the following:
      • 6 Vulcan Epohhs

This made me laugh. But since this is the Klingons, shouldn't it be Targs not epohhs? :confused:
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Clearly Cryptic needs more strict rules regarding alcohol in the office.
  • djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited April 2013
    A M??se once bit my sister...

(blast apparently the forums don't support the O with the line through it)
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Something tells me that Zero has loads of fun making these release notes, tho they do look quite nice. :)
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    [*]Reginald Epohh of Jupiter Station

What about Amanda Epohh, his daughter? The one that always messes with holograms and makes a mess? :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    [*]A Tribble once bit my sister.

Is your sister a Klingon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • inputend21inputend21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Any work around/fix for losing all your stuff when transferring over from holo?
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nice notes :D
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What is the typical eta to server back up once you have posted these types of notes zero? 30 mins, 1 hour, 2hours, a fortnight next tuesday?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What is the typical eta to server back up once you have posted these types of notes zero? 30 mins, 1 hour, 2hours, a fortnight next tuesday?

Yes.

But seriously, I handle posting patch notes, and another team handles actually doing the patch. We try to coordinate the process as best as possible to make it as seamless as possible for the players, but that's not always possible, especially on Meetings Mondays. ;)
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013

General:
    • The KDF transporter chief will once again allow players to the Academy and their ship.
      • The people responsible for sacking the previous Transporter Chief have now been sacked.
          • 6 Vulcan Epohhs
    • Updated Drozana to patch a few holes leading to outer space.
    • Resolved an issue that caused some players to crash when the game attempted to load their characters.

Systems:
    • Traits:
      • Techie will no longer be named "Warp Theorist" for Liberated Borg.
      • Ground Shield Charge devices will now provide protection against Teleport effects in addition to their other effects.

UI:
    • Updated the Character Creation and the Tailor:
      • Added Save and Load Outfit buttons to the Character Creator.
      • Updated the lighting for the Character Creator and the Tailor.
        • It will no longer be so dim.
    • Updated the Chat window:
      • The chat options tab has been removed from the chat channel configuration window.
        • Chat Options can now be found in the game Options window.
      • A button has been added to the chat channel configuration window as a shortcut to the Chat Options tab in the game Options window.
      • Add a chat option to disable sticky chat channels.
        • By default sticky chat channels are turned on.
    • The Bulletin window is now resizable.

Known Issues:
    • Characters do not show up in the tailor.
    • Traits are displaying in the UI again, but they cannot be changed or updated.

A tribble once bit my sister.....that is such a terrible bug is it not and to think we havent even been able to test romulans on tribble yet.

Here is a list of bugs ive encountered i already have this in the proper place on this forum im just posting this here in hopes you guys at cryptic will atleast look at this.

A) During open space enemy encounters and sometimes during missions:

1) I have found some battlecruisers usually klingon that just sit there no shields they dont attack they just sit there and let you blast them to bits.
    This happens alot during open space encounters dont get me wrong i enjoy target practice but then again i dont like bugs either.

B) During Mission "Secret orders" From fed klingon war episode :

1)While approaching B'Vats' secret base my ship began to do a left hand turn it became stuck for about a minute.
    I did think at first i was lagging but i was able to fire on some metreon gas succesfully while stuck in the turn it has only happened on tribble and it happened during this mission 3 times.

2) Once my away team beamed into the base i was able to get to the scientists easily however once there i encountered a klingon handler that took me 5 minutes to kill.
    My team attacked him got his health to 0 but he would not die i exauhsted all my hypos during that one fight finally for no reason at all he just vanished did not die just vanished....this is the first time ive ever seen this happen.

3) Greandes what is the point you try to get the drop on an enemy patrol by tossing a grenade but your away team attacks and the enemy rushes you avoiding the grenade.

4) I decided to sit and watch the klingons in the main chamber where you plant spacial charges on the weapons for a few minutes see if there was anything amiss.
    I was not detected and my away team just stood there for about 5 minutes i decided to try grenades again this time turning on passive mode.....and as soon as i turned on passive every klingon in that room attacked.
    Did i mention i was standing there undetected for 5 minutes while a klingon patrol walked right by my away team?

5) I managed to fight them off somehow though it was annoying and managed to escape the base.
    Well i went ahead and attacked the fleeing cruiser....but during the attack not only did the left turn problem crop up again (I started wondering if there was a NASCAR influence) but i kept getting the viewscreen of my sci BOFF informing me about stuff which shut off my engines and i could not fire.

6) Ok so i managed past the viewscreen annoyance then something new happened...my cannons stopped working yes i had plenty of energy yes my subsystems were ok yes i my weapons were not disabled....they just stopped as if they ran out of ammo or something.

Update

C) During Task Force Hipocrates:

1) Upon landing on the surface of xarantine my toon for no reason began walking in a right handed circle i did not do anything such as push the walk button she just began walking in a right circle upon beam in.

2) during the "Clipped wing" portion of this mission i encountered a Vor'Cha as ive stated before just sitting there no shields nothing just sat there and let me blast it to bits.

Well anyways i like the UI though i hope we can start testing the romulans soon
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dmfreddie wrote: »
    Huh? :P

/10char

Somebody isn't a Monty Python fan...
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited April 2013

General:
    • The KDF transporter chief will once again allow players to the Academy and their ship.
          • 6 Vulcan Epohhs

Holy mackerel... the KDF is starting to get desperate. What's next... tribbles running the transport service? :eek::D
  • startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "The KDF transporter chief will once again allow players to the Academy and their ship".

HUH? Should this read:

The KDF transporter chief will once again allow players to BEAM TO the Academy and their ship.
    "Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    oh no zer0 got TRIBBLE XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • casiopia254casiopia254 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Still no option to change back to the old UI that is live on holodeck now? That sucks :(

This new UI in all its "variants" is just bad, hideous. I will be taking my 800 bucks a month I spend on STO and move elsewhere if this UI and its low res, low quality and unclean look go live without the option to revert back to the old one.

Take care :)
  • argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    • The KDF transporter chief will once again allow players to beam to the Academy and their ship.

oh dear, it appears someone's been watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail in recent days

watch them have to sack the people responsible for sacking the people who sacked the previous transporter chief
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Still no option to change back to the old UI that is live on holodeck now? That sucks :(

Sorry the new sexy UI is as of Thomas The Cryptic Cat the only one that will be available, no option to use the old one anymore because that wouldn't work, but he said he is considering a color scheme that resembles the old one a bit more...
    800 bucks a month I spend on STO

#1 pics or it didn't happen
    #2 for that kind of money you could employ someone (me! me! me!) to play the game for you... so you don't need to bother with the horrible UI any longer. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    [*]The Bulletin window is now resizable.

Awesome! (= I can't believe someone spent time on this). :P
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    hevach wrote: »

Quiet, you! :mad:
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can't wait to get at the tailor with lights on.

Are all of the destroy points on the Iconian Gateway at the end of Cutting the Chord present again?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I think they all need and deserve a full month of vacations instead. :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • valiant797valiant797 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Clearly Cryptic needs less strict rules regarding alcohol in the office.

Fixed that for you.

I see nothing wrong with a little fun with the patch notes. Makes life a little more interesting.
    <signature under reconstruction>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited April 2013

This new UI in all its "variants" is just bad, hideous. I will be taking my 800 bucks a month I spend on STO and move elsewhere if this UI and its low res, low quality and unclean look go live without the option to revert back to the old one.

Did you like the TNG era LCARS at all?

And seriously $800? How many accounts does that take?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2013

But...how could we then bride Ship/UI/Whatever artists to make things for us if we cant pay them in beer.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    castsbugc wrote: »
    But...how could we then bride Ship/UI/Whatever artists to make things for us if we cant pay them in beer.

That would be a great idea if it werent for the fact id only end up drinking the beer and giving them the empty cans and tell them after burping in their face "Dont spend all this in one place" :D
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited April 2013

General:
          • 6 Vulcan Epohhs
    Known Issues:

Go home tribble notes writer, your drunk! :D
    Yes.

But seriously, I handle posting patch notes, and another team handles actually doing the patch. We try to coordinate the process as best as possible to make it as seamless as possible for the players, but that's not always possible, especially on Meetings Mondays. ;)

Edit: On second thought.. Go home Zer0 your drunk!
    Quiet, you! :mad:

Edit 2: Or at least Zer0's supply. :P
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2013

You may not like it but I love the UI, especially the Romulan and the Reman UI scheme. I use the Romulan one now on Tribble, I like the Green because it's easier to read.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.