test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The legend in their own mind thread

questar333questar333 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hello

Im starting this thread for the newbies who have set autoblame in the chat windows to defend their "superior skills and toolz". This is also so no one has to do any planning or thinking when you could get out of your starship and walk across the nanite spheres to the gateway. Please feel free to add anything that the censor wont *(&( out and creativity is a plus.

You are such a noob (I sorta feel neglected if someone does not throw that out once a match)

I am the only one who is doing any damage (said from the skittle boat with at least three flavors of beams)

Read the wiki (said from the master of cut and paste in TOS Enterprise)

I am too good to be involved in this team (said by the AFK'er who wants to have a moral reason for getting the reward and watching TNG while not doing anything).

Next?
Post edited by questar333 on

Comments

• sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The multi beam guy probably is doing most of the damage
    Live long and Prosper
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You DO know that each different color beam has it's own superpower, each enhanced by it's own console.

Right ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i foresee this thread getting locked and deleted before long due to its charged nature sparking massive arguments, flame-fests, and trolling, but the comments it manages to get before that happens should be fairly entertaining reading
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "are you f****ng TRIBBLE, tactical captains should not be flying cruisers, you are useless and below me for doing so" -Said by a supposedly-AFK Odyssey pilot in CSE, to my friend.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    *sits down with a bag of popcorn* :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Beer?

I must say, reading such as above gives me trepidation in re-entering the STF scene.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • thegrimcorsairthegrimcorsair Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    They nerfed drains too hard, all Science Ships are worthless now. (Sci/Sci Proceeds to sit nose-to-nose with Donatra at 6 km, weapons blazing with her unmoving, unfiring, unshielded, and as her main target for the 2-3 minutes it took the team to kill her)
    If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
  • zordar01zordar01 Member Posts: 318
    edited April 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    You DO know that each different color beam has it's own superpower

Holy TRIBBLE, that was funny. Thanks for the lol. :)
    Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
  • f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was in a KASE match, where no one was willing to volunteer for probe duty, so the team leader drafted me into it, even though I repeatedly told him that my build was not set up for probe duty, my Excelsior had no hold powers and I didn't have the DPS to make up for it (usually I pull transformer attack duty, which the ship is fine for). Forget the fact that he didn't even give me time to set up one of my other ships. After we barely scratched our way through the mission, during which he basically had to help me hold the probes back the whole time, he told me that my ship sucked and I shouldn't run STFs until I get a Defiant retro.
  • theodrimtheodrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The last ISE we were in, had this one guy...

The nanite generator he was inadvertently hitting with FaW and TS goes down early: calls us noobs for ignoring the 10% rule.

I go in to TBR and grav well the nanite probes and spheres: calls me a noob, tells me to help him focus fire down the transformer before the probes and spheres fix it, causing the optional to fail. There was one nanite generator remaining.

Then he EWP's the transformer of all things because it's "more DPS" and we need to kill it NOW.

So when the optional fails, we're noobs who don't know how to run the instance and have no coordination. So logically, the only thing left to do is AFK at the spawn point, since at this point he's been destroyed (the only one to have been, mind you) about three or four times and is wracking up the damage.

I thought he was lonely and just needed a friend, so I brought Mr. Tactical Cube to the spawn point so they could get to know each other and have funny buddy cop movie adventures together. And apparently I'm the griefer noob who can't take friendly advice on how to play. Bloody ingrate.
    Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.