test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Suggestion to the Devs (To calm the masses)

13»

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you think about it, ship sharing up to T4 actually makes sense - the Republic is still weak, and doesn't have the resources to mass-produce warbirds, so their allies (Starfleet and the KDF) are supplying them with some of their own ships. By the time the player reaches T5, the Republic is strong enough that using their allies' ships is no longer necessary.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "Allied Ships (Updated!)

When a Romulan Captain chooses to ally with the Federation or the Klingon Defense Force, they gain access to a limited number of their ally?s ships. Romulan Captains can obtain Tier 1 through Tier 4 allied ships for Dilithium or in the C-Store, depending on the specific ship. Romulan Captains cannot command, nor purchase/ claim, Tier 5 (Rear Admiral, Vice Admiral, Brigadier General, or Lieutenant General) ships from the faction that they have allied with."

This is great, great, GREAT news!! To everyone who says the devs don't listen, consider this your big, fat helping of "I told you so!"

"1000-Day Veteran Ship

At launch, Romulans will not have a 1000-day Veteran ship available. We are planning to address this as soon as possible."

^Also very exciting!
    I'm glad to hear this - really. It is not T3 but hey it is a nice compromise. I'm glad to see Cryptic agreeing with many of us on this point because it would be so hard in the future to make the Romulans independent if many people buy end game ships and all of a sudden would run the risk of losing them in the process.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not sure I agree with the OP that being able to play other faction's ships would mean that Romulan players will be stuck with them. I suspect you will play a Romulan to fly Romulan ships.

Also the BoP was originally supposed to BE a Romulan design not a Klingon design. Just look at the bird paint pattern on its wings and that is obvious.

However, I do find the canon destroying nature of having Federation Captains (Klingon Captains are fine because they WOULD steal enemy vessels and fly them) flying around in practically anything BUT Federation Vessels. That would be fine if they were all privateers but to PRETEND that they are part of Starfleet and then have them fly a slew of non-Starfleet approved vessels is just inane.