test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sever issues...I've made my decision

2»

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hm... I thought everyone was using fiber theese days... The "cable" thingie could be a problem, but I still think your son might be running something odd, since you mention it's when his PC is running.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    if you use windows try this:

go to start - cmd ( same as you did the trace) then type:

ipconfig/all

check if the information is correct.
    after that:

ipconfig/release.

followed by:

ipconfig/renew.

this will renew all youre internet connections,and give you a new ip adres,if you dont use static ip adress.

if you use static,it will be the same.

hope this helps,and 200ms is long for package's,

if this dont help,try a reset of youre router.
    or put youre cable in port 1,some routers see port 1 as more important as port 2.

if this dont help,check youre drivers,it may also be old drivers.
    good luck!

that might be correct if you are using a modem but not a router (which usually has its own DHCP.. and in that case, you will do nothing else than renew your LAN IP but not touch the internet connection at all)
    What ? Calaway.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm having disconnect issues as well so this thread will be helpful :)

Would running CCleaner, Spybot, etc to clean the registry help at all?

All kinds of malware suck up bandwidth so yes they will help. I also use Kingsoft PC Cleaner. These are fine if the connection issues problem is in your computer. However if the problem is further along the chain than your system, they cannot do anything.

Something someone suggested to me awhile back which helps a lot. After STO starts, press CRTL-ALT-DEL to bring up the Task Manager. This will show you what is running in addition to STO. If you know what something is and you do not want the computer running it along with STO, right click the item. This will bring up a menu where you can select "End Process". Please be careful here!

After you have done this, look through the list of tasks to find "GameClient.exe*32". This is STO. Right click on this item to again open the menu you opened to end the processes you did not want running earlier. Look down the list until you find the Set Priority item and left click. This opens one more menu. Set the priority to Above Normal. I've tried the other two choices, which are High and Real Time. and I've not noticed a significant difference from the Above Normal setting in how the game responds or appears by using them. This may be a product of my hardware and system which is a middle of the road machine with Win7 Home Premium for the OS.

I've noticed people discussing download speed and latency in this thread. What about upload speed? I think this gets overlooked. If the upload speed is significantly slower, this can cause problems as well.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • soundwisdomsoundwisdom Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I still have these issues, and I'm 100% sure that it's not my machine or connection...
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I still have these issues, and I'm 100% sure that it's not my machine or connection...

Maybe not yours... But I am 100% it's not cryptic either, since I have a "flawless" responsetime
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just recently joined. I've done a few offers to get some zen so I don't waste money until I decide whether to subscribe or not. So far my review is horrible. Considering the age of the game, the fact that it is still technically on it's first expansion, I have to laugh. It's one thing to have the occasional bug as all MMO's do.

But I've seen pirate servers with less downtime for other games. Constant disconnects, jittery frame rates (My rig is above the recommended requirements and my details are at the minimum)
    And the pay to play bit does seem highly unbalanced. Also the whole lockbox lottery scheme is annoying as I think it's highly annoying that I have to turn off notices to get rid of the "Such and such has been issued such and such ship"
    Really, WTF is with that? You set that so called "lucky winner" up for spam from people wanting to buy said item. it's be different if it was a fleet member.
    In WoW they didn't announce server wide IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAMN SCREEN DURING A RAID when someone got shadowmourne did they? Keep it to the chat channel as we get enough spam from botters selling EC.

I'm not spending a single penny until I can see that the money is being used to improve the game and hire competent developers.

Ok, I'll bite...

Pay to play? Since when do you have to pay anything to play anything in STO? Ok, you don't get a free ship when you reach VA (Level 50)... the Rear Admiral ships are great for end-game. Again you don't have to pay anything to play.

If you don't like lockboxes, don't pick them up.

The announcements do not interrupt anything... and like you said, you can turn them off.

You'll probably want to set the viewing camera to be "free" as well instead of always watching the current target. Some people like it, some don't. Those are customization that everyone will want to do at some point in any software or service.

If you think you need to "buy" something, earn Dilithium by playing certain content and convert it to Zen. Like buying inventory slots or C-Store ships, stuff like that. But you don't HAVE to do this either to play the game.
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.